PM BoJo

Scooter

15 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The "daily briefings" have certainly kept the actual information to an absolute minimum.

I also noticed the way the conflate fantasy with reality using phrases like "we are setting a target of" and "I am totally committed to"

most people and certainly most unionists won’t notice this, and will attack the Scot Gov who are most certainly not fault or blameless for the preparation, but have done and are doing a far superior job to the UK gov.

15 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

When I left Uni in 1984 I set a target of a gorgeous blond and a BMW. And I was totally committed.

When is somebody in the BBC going to hold these useless over educated public schoolboy wasters to account for their bulls**t? Instead we get endless nonsense about clapping for the NHS and Heroes Half Hoyr and other endless propaganda s**t. The NHS need PPE and testing, not clapping.

They will never ever hold them to account, they are 100% complicit in state propaganda.  I get pilloried for this by certain folk in here.  But we saw yesterday that the BBC just repeats the lies of WM as if they were fact, despite the lies being uncovered the day before.  This is shameless and hopefully more people will see through the beeb for the state broadcaster that it is.  Stop watching and get their untainted news elsewhere.

the difference between holyrood and the baying rabble of wm has never been so marked.

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

If he's only in for minor symptoms and checks and in his own words "still in charge", let's see him then. I imagine he wont like being known as the leader who got ill very quickly when the UK was in crisis. 

When was the last time we saw him. Nobody is being admitted to hospital right now fir anything minor.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:10 AM, gdevoy said:

The "daily briefings" have certainly kept the actual information to an absolute minimum.

I also noticed the way the conflate fantasy with reality using phrases like "we are setting a target of" and "I am totally committed to" and "We are determined that.

When I left Uni in 1984 I set a target of a gorgeous blond and a BMW. And I was totally committed. When is somebody in the BBC going to hold these useless over educated public schoolboy wasters to account for their bulls**t? Instead we get endless nonsense about clapping for the NHS and Heroes Half Hoyr and other endless propaganda s**t. The NHS need PPE and testing, not clapping.

How did that commitment pan out? ;)

That's all standard behaviour from politicians though. How to stand up, be seen, let out waffle and not be accountable.

I'd be very surprised if there isn't an inquest into the handling of this in years to come. I'd be even more surprised if these politicians don't already have advisers telling them... there's going to be an inquest about this one day.... adjust your language

2 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

So basically we been lied too (there's a surprise), he was in fine fettle. Message to Raab and anyone else in govt,  across parties, Dont f**king lie to us and you may get more respect

Yup, this with bells on.

The Scottish government lacking credibility over their officials not following their own advice. This falls into the same category. If you want people to take you seriously, tell the truth!

2 hours ago, RAG said:

Is only a 50/50 chance for folk with Covid once you get to intensive care.  

Dunno if it's as stark as 50/50.but they don't admit anybody to ICU as a "precaution".  They haven't got the capacity. If he is in ICU he is ver ill. There has to be a very serious possibility might not make it.

What disturbs me is the fact that his Cabinet don't seem to be very clear in who is and will be running the country. Decision making seems to be too much for them.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

What disturbs me is the fact that his Cabinet don't seem to be very clear in who is and will be running the country. Decision making seems to be too much for them.

Dominic “I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this, but if you look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing” Raaab!

If there is such a thing as a god, now would be a great time for it to help us! 9_9

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Ever the critic! 

Dominic Raab is Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, making him de facto deputy PM. 

Unlike other countries such as the US, there is no formal procedure for someone to replace the PM in the event of his/her incapacity. 

I expect things will be clearer after today’s cabinet meeting. Meantime, maybe cut them some slack in the middle of a mounting crisis, unprecedented in peace time. 

Edited by skygod

7 hours ago, skygod said:

Ever the critic! 

Dominic Raab is Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, making him de facto deputy PM. 

Unlike other countries such as the US, there is no formal procedure for someone to replace the PM in the event of his/her incapacity. 

I expect things will be clearer after today’s cabinet meeting. Meantime, maybe cut them some slack in the middle of a mounting crisis, unprecedented in peace time. 

Well said Skygod. He never stops criticising, even when Boris is in Intensive Care

Edited by Pelesboots

21 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Well said Skygod. He never stops criticising, even when Boris is in Intensive Care

To be fair to Devoy, the UK governments handling of this situation has been largely shambolic and filled with lies and efforts to line their own pockets and that of the 1%.

Loans to businesses a classic example of free market pish, when Grants or even a simple f**k it, everyone in your house and we will pay your salaries effort.

Their efforts to obtain ventilators is pure spin and lining their own pockets again.

Surely someone somewhere would have had a concrete plan for this eventuality? Surely it wasnt beyond the realms of possibility that the main decision makers could contract the illness?  And surely to f**k theres someone better than Raab to fill the void when it did.

11 hours ago, skygod said:

That sould be sorted, now!

The dither over wishing him a speedy recovery, what a jolly decent chap he is is infantile.

Grown up people have a plan. Raab looks like a fart in a trance without a clue. We need decision making and leadership not hopping for better says.

Edited by gdevoy

4 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Whatever your political persuasion surely everyone is wishing him a speedy recovery.
I didn’t vote for him either but being in an intensive care unit whilst so poorly and no loved ones being allowed to visit must be terrifying.
Get well soon Boris!

Hope he survives because when this is over I personally think he is going to be taken to task for his as Zorro stated his shambolic handling of the UK Covid-19 response. From allowing Cheltenham race goers to spread the virus more quickly over the whole of the UK. Herd immunity at it's best & then shaking hands & boasting about it with everybody in a hospital where he said there was Coronavirus patients. Is it any wonder that he, his partner & half his cabinet have it now.

12 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

That sould be sorted, now!

The dither over wishing him a speedy recovery, what a jolly decent chap he is is infantile.

Grown up people have a plan. Raab looks like a fart in a trance without a clue. We need decision making and leadership not hopping for better says.

I thought Raab delivered the figures OK, doesn't mean he has a clue. I would rather he got the job than little Gollum or the upper class twit of the year.