PM BoJo

Scooter

Media swinging into action against SNP in Times today. Basically saying SNP using the Coronavirus to push the Independence vote and " now is not the time and we should all pull together". So basically if you dont follow England even if you are in the right then you are out of order Scotland. Shame on you. 

Also yesterdays media conf and the global graph conveniently dropped again and the utterly pathetic evasive response why by Dr Jenny Harries. Get yourself an interview with Piers Jenny and try and spin your bulls**t there

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Added a bit as raging!!!!

56 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Getting an e- mail today telling me to return to work as  English factory returned last week .I can now see my boss before I can visit my family .I

Clearly you dont understand. If you dont work the economy crashes and BoJo looks bad and heaven forfend might not get re-elected. You seeing your family has absolutely no impact on his re-election prospects therefore he diesnt give a flying s**t.

49 minutes ago, Zorro said:

6. There's never been a better time to join a trade union. If you want to uphold your legal right to walk away from dangerous working conditions, demand to see your employer's safety plan, make them provide the PPE they're legally required to provide, then it's best to have other people standing beside you, because it significantly reduces the prospect of punishment and/or revenge sackings.

I used to think that there was no real need for trades unions. As long as everybody behaved reasonably there was no need for them. Until I discovered that you as an individual count fir less than a fly on the wall in the face of the machine that us your employer. They will squash you flat and grind you into the dust in the pursuit of profit and bever even pause for breath. 

Join a union now!

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Copied from Another angry voice

If you're one of the people facing the prospect of being forced back to work this week, it's absolutely essential to know your rights.

1. Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 allows you to remove yourself from a dangerous work environment with no recriminations or repercussions. If your bosses try to make you work in an unsafe situation, know that you have a legally established right to say 'no' without them punishing you for it.

2. Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 say that your employer has a legal obligation to make you aware of the risks you face as part of your job, and how they are controlling them. If they can't explain what the new coronavirus-related risks are in your workplace, and show you their health and safety plan to protect you and other employees from those risks, they're breaking the law.

3. These Health and Safety rules don't just apply at the workface, they apply in communal areas like canteens, rest rooms, and toilet facilities too. If they can't tell you what measures they've taken to ensure that you're safe at lunchtime, or during bathroom breaks, they're essentially denying you the right to these essentials.

4. Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 say that the employer is the one with the duty to provide workers with any protective gear they need to do their work, not the individual worker. If they won't give you the masks and gloves you need to stay safe, they're breaking the law.

5. Lots of people are in the horrifying situation of not being able to afford to not work. If you can't afford not to work but you know your employer is breaking these regulations, make sure to keep notes. If you or any of your work colleagues end up getting sick or dying, this evidence will help to ensure they face legal consequences for their criminal negligence.

6. There's never been a better time to join a trade union. If you want to uphold your legal right to walk away from dangerous working conditions, demand to see your employer's safety plan, make them provide the PPE they're legally required to provide, then it's best to have other people standing beside you, because it significantly reduces the prospect of punishment and/or revenge sackings.

Don't ever let any employer tell you that their extraction of profit through your labour is more important than your legal right to a safe working environment.

Good luck everyone

Tom (AAV)

I have had dealings with HSE before and usually come down on the side of the company .Reported issues in past to them and just had e-mails back saying they contacted the company and every thing is OK .No site visit and no appeal also have asked the company to fix concerns .On going and waiting on quotes for job among other Bulls**te excuses.Yes you can refuse to work if unsafe but they won't pay you 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

I have had dealings with HSE before and usually come down on the side of the company .Reported issues in past to them and just had e-mails back saying they contacted the company and every thing is OK .No site visit and no appeal also have asked the company to fix concerns .On going and waiting on quotes for job among other Bulls**te excuses.Yes you can refuse to work if unsafe but they won't pay you 

Sounds like you either need to join a union or join a better one. 

2 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Thanks Bo Jo for getting me back to work when it's unsafe to do so .Getting an e- mail today telling me to return to work as  English factory returned last week .I can now see my boss before I can visit my family .Its OK though they have split the shift in two and done a risk assessment ,manufacturing is vital to the country they are saying .Told them if it's not safe we don't need to work the said if you feel that way it should be reported to manager and if you go home you don't get payed .I have no doubt anyone who disagrees with them will be 1st in line for redundancy 

You were concerned about the economic impact so thought you'd be happy as Larry to get back to work. It's a noble effort to 'pay the ultimate sacrifice' for the greater good.

In fact, why don't you go and get one of the 30,000 tests that aren't being used every day, to put your mind at ease?

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I used to think that there was no real need for trades unions. As long as everybody behaved reasonably there was no need for them. Until I discovered that you as an individual count fir less than a fly on the wall in the face of the machine that us your employer. They will squash you flat and grind you into the dust in the pursuit of profit and bever even pause for breath. 

Join a union now!

There are too many power crazy dicks in the world to not be in a union. Even though mine is about as useful as a chocolate fireplace, it’s still worth the money. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

There are too many power crazy dicks in the world to not be in a union. Even though mine is about as useful as a chocolate fireplace, it’s still worth the money. 

They my be as much use as a chocolate teapot but if you need to raise a case for unfair dismissal with the courts you will need financial support from somewhere.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

They my be as much use as a chocolate teapot but if you need to raise a case for unfair dismissal with the courts you will need financial support from somewhere.

Depends on the circumstances and the union . I had a friend who was tangibly forced to resign from a prominent health board position . Her union wouldn’t touch her as it was deemed “ a personal “ affair despite her professionalism and integrity being called into question . Long story short she was awarded £80k bit it cost her £85k . 

9 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Depends on the circumstances and the union . I had a friend who was tangibly forced to resign from a prominent health board position . Her union wouldn’t touch her as it was deemed “ a personal “ affair despite her professionalism and integrity being called into question . Long story short she was awarded £80k bit it cost her £85k . 

Very disappointed in a union failing to support a member. Glad your friend had the resources to go to court.

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Johnson cant even be arsed to do press conferences now. Zero credibility. Blood on his hands. Have given up watching the incessant bulls**t and state of denial by the politicians and the supposed "scientists" and "medical experts". You ignored the care homes. f**king admit it.

Initial government advice was that there was very little chance of covid-19 getting into care homes.

Was this:
a) because they genuinely believed that to be true and were simply mistaken
b) because they knew the risk was high but the economic impact of mitigating this would be so great they blanked it

I have to believe a) for my own sanity but to be quite frank I simply can't be certain.

As for "experts", nobody is an expert when dealing with something new. We are all fumbling about in the dark. but the "medical experts can be thought of as being partially sighted in one eye. So I will listen to what they say and make up my own mind giving the appropriate weight to their view.

1 hour ago, Prahakillie said:

He has pretty much dodged everything he can since getting into office.

And even before that when he was hiding from interviews during his leadership campaign.

He is a very ambitious individual who has dealt with trouble by hiding from it all his life.

I ask myself why would anybody want the job of PM when they clearly don't have the temperament for it. And why do those around him remain loyal to him when he has shown every likelihood of dumping them in the septic tank at any time? 

43 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

He is a very ambitious individual who has dealt with trouble by hiding from it all his life.

I ask myself why would anybody want the job of PM when they clearly don't have the temperament for it. And why do those around him remain loyal to him when he has shown every likelihood of dumping them in the septic tank at any time? 

Hancock will be the Patsy

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Another problem Johnson has is that he’s got a very inexperienced cabinet not used to making those crucial decisions . An alliance of former PM s and cabinet secretaries to act as an advisory panel would have been helpful . Blair , Brown and Major have all said they’d be willing to serve on such a panel . 

4 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Initial government advice was that there was very little chance of covid-19 getting into care homes.

Was this:
a) because they genuinely believed that to be true and were simply mistaken
b) because they knew the risk was high but the economic impact of mitigating this would be so great they blanked it

I have to believe a) for my own sanity but to be quite frank I simply can't be certain.

I dont think its (a) gdevoy as they were apparently told following the experience with flu that another virus could rip through care homes. I think it's down to incompetence and an obsession that NHS "must be protected. I would not put it past Gollum to have said it will be great with the public to show how much we care for the NHS given all the previous cuts. They achieved that but at what cost? 

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Holy s**t. Conference on tv tonight an embarrassing shambles. And we have to have confidence it's safe for kids to go back to school. 

I got the impression that the scientific advisor wasn't too happy tonight. She seemed to infer that some of the decisions were political & that they didn't give that advice. We were told at the start that the decision to stop testing was a clinical one. She said that if was a capacity one. Completely different to what the Tories have been telling us for weeks. She looked pretty miffed.

18 minutes ago, harley said:

I got the impression that the scientific advisor wasn't too happy tonight. She seemed to infer that some of the decisions were political & that they didn't give that advice. We were told at the start that the decision to stop testing was a clinical one. She said that if was a capacity one. Completely different to what the Tories have been telling us for weeks. She looked pretty miffed.

Spot on they were saying test and trace ap should be running before lockdown being eased but our pea brain minister and his cohorts go against this advice and sending kids back to school in June so if goes tits up bawheid should be held to account in a public enquiry asap

12 hours ago, harley said:

She may have been unhappy coz she seemed completely out of her depth. At one stage camera caught her grimacing to herself. Embarrassing to watch. I can imagine Gollum saying get her hoofed. Stuttering shambolic answers. Bit like the once again absent pm. Cracks beginning to show but they astute at allowing one come back and then cutting the person off and response to criticism is to completely ignore the point and include "unprecedented", in answers. 

And on a pretty critical day for the government, lo and behold Captain Tom is getting knighted. You cant help but be cynical. 

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Added last bit

Yesterday’s daily briefing was the first time that the press acted like a pack , in that they all followed up on each other’s questions if the previous one wasn’t answered . The way it was structured previously suited the govt one or two questions , no follow up and change the subject and don’t fully answer the question . Hope this continues . 

Buckland on Sky contradicted the previous govt stance as voiced by the deputy CMO in mid April that testing wasn’t appropriate at that time .