PM BoJo

Scooter

36 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I’m gonna take an “even a stopped clock is right twice a day” attitude to it and congratulate Boris on getting one thing right. 

Careful now if those people at the border hear of this you’ll be in trouble . Sedition like talk on here . ;) 

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

This is awkward. What do you do when the most incompetent Prime Minister in history suggests too many care homes didn’t follow proper procedures during this pandemic; lending support to an argument you’ve made yourself? Do you double down and say “see I was right” or do you switch to “I was wrong. I’m not sure how, but I was wrong”? 

You accept that technically, like yourself, what he says is factually correct. Some homes took people they were unable to cope with. Then you look at who is saying it and you realise how much of a divertiomary tactic it Is to draw attention to that aspect of a huge clusterf**k.

5 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

You accept that technically, like yourself, what he says is factually correct. Some homes took people they were unable to cope with. Then you look at who is saying it and you realise how much of a divertiomary tactic it Is to draw attention to that aspect of a huge clusterf**k.

no no devoy  look at mackpomms posts, its all the SNP to blame, and when its not them its care homes, and when its not them its you.  There's no diversion or deflection because wm is wonderful.

Didn't you get the memo in reeducation class, or was it him, mclean and others alone?

3 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Correct . In this article it says that care homes were issued with 100 different guidelines in as many days . As I’ve already said there is fault in this sector and the hospital sector but the vast majority of it is with the govts policy. 

Just now, Bonbon19 said:

Correct . In this article it says that care homes were issued with 100 different guidelines in as many days . As I’ve already said there is fault in this sector and the hospital sector but the vast majority of it is with the govts policy. 

which brings us back to the politicisation where unionists in Scotland and in WM are using it to point and scream SNP baaad, to deflect from the shambles in England and try and do their usual look look youre shie and can't possibly be independent pish.

There can be no argument on this, its 100% in everyone's faces daily.

2 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Absolutely. As GDevoy has also pointed out, the care homes and hospitals were struggling with a completely novel situation but received very little assistance by way of clear direction from the government. Even now if Boris and co took some responsibility it would be encouraging, instead of choosing to point the finger at one or other sector as a diversionary tactic. Hell mend them! (...in a soft, liberal, unelected, sort of a way, without fire)

25 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

which brings us back to the politicisation where unionists in Scotland and in WM are using it to point and scream SNP baaad, to deflect from the shambles in England and try and do their usual look look youre shie and can't possibly be independent pish.

There can be no argument on this, its 100% in everyone's faces daily.

No ones picking out the Scottish Welsh Northern Irish or English government.

It’s the fault of all of them .

You’re just choosing to interpret it that way. 

Edited by Bonbon19

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

English government? I know they give the impression they only care about England, but surely you mean U.K.?

I‘d also suggest one of them is more responsible than the three other. 

37 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Care homes are just that. They are not medical centres. They dont have expertise to deal with a deadly virus. Lots of low paid folk with little medical knowledge. Big brave Johnson passing the buck big style, what a surprise.  Maybe if they'd called it Ebola 19 or Bubonic19, it would have got more attention.

That’s the choice of the care homes. Nobody is stopping them from employing people with greater medical knowledge or from paying them more. They just don’t think their residents are worth it. 

32 minutes ago, Zorro said:

That’s the choice of the care homes. Nobody is stopping them from employing people with greater medical knowledge or from paying them more. They just don’t think their residents are worth it. 

I guess to have care homes equivalent to clinical medical centres with equivalent fully trained staffing would be cost prohibitive for residents and their families. Like everything I guess there are good ones and bad ones.

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Care homes are just that. They are not medical centres. They dont have expertise to deal with a deadly virus. Lots of low paid folk with little medical knowledge. Big brave Johnson passing the buck big style, what a surprise.  Maybe if they'd called it Ebola 19 or Bubonic19, it would have got more attention.

What chance did they have when they never took this virus seriously as they thought it was just infleunza as quoted in tv report usual johnson bulls..t

12 hours ago, Zorro said:

This is awkward. What do you do when the most incompetent Prime Minister in history suggests too many care homes didn’t follow proper procedures during this pandemic; lending support to an argument you’ve made yourself? Do you double down and say “see I was right” or do you switch to “I was wrong. I’m not sure how, but I was wrong”? 

The thing is Zorro. Neither you or our 1st Minister stated months ago that they had put a ring of steel around care homes. That was Johnson & Hancock.

58 minutes ago, harley said:

The thing is Zorro. Neither you or our 1st Minister stated months ago that they had put a ring of steel around care homes. That was Johnson & Hancock.

Harries said at that time there was minimal risk to care homes despite evidence of elderly deaths in Italy. They knew early March. Johnson slags of care homes but doesnt criticise Cummings or his dad. Getting away with murder. A movement needs to start to nail him.

7 hours ago, Zorro said:

I think that's a bit emotive. It comes back to UK government policy to fund a National Health Service but contract elderly care to the private sector. Once you press the private sector button you are immediately talking about the lowest bidder.

In the case of the defence industry where the UK government do try to exercise some oversight on quality they are constantly getting it in the neck about overspends. In the case of care homes is all about free market capitalism which never works well. Just look at the clusterf**k the US is.

9 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

Really  have you read any post from Mclean, Drew, read the Daily Mail, express, listened to the BBC in Scotland or even heard Carlaw, Murray or other unionist MSP's?

They are all trying to point the finger at the Scottish government. 

18 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I think that's a bit emotive. It comes back to UK government policy to fund a National Health Service but contract elderly care to the private sector. Once you press the private sector button you are immediately talking about the lowest bidder.

In the case of the defence industry where the UK government do try to exercise some oversight on quality they are constantly getting it in the neck about overspends. In the case of care homes is all about free market capitalism which never works well. Just look at the clusterf**k the US is.

It will be interesting to see what every govt does wrt the care sector in future . Do they take it out of private hands and give it to local councils ? That model didn’t work when the elderly population gradually started living longer and there was more of them needing care for longer and budgets couldn’t cope. The private sector filled the gap . 
A friend of my brother in England required care for his elderly aunt and costed a care home on the south coast at £50k per annum . He employed a fully trained care of the elderly worker for £25K per annum as a live in helper and is negotiating with the local council to part fund this . There are companies I believe that operate along these lines in Scotland at the moment . 

Just now, Bonbon19 said:

It will be interesting to see what every govt does wrt the care sector in future . Do they take it out of private hands and give it to local councils ? That model didn’t work when the elderly population gradually started living longer and there was more of them needing care for longer and budgets couldn’t cope. The private sector filled the gap . 
A friend of my brother in England required care for his elderly aunt and costed a care home on the south coast at £50k per annum . He employed a fully trained care of the elderly worker for £25K per annum as a live in helper and is negotiating with the local council to part fund this . There are companies I believe that operate along these lines in Scotland at the moment . 

the decision to privatise this aspect of health care id imagine is one of political ideology, and not necessarily economics alone.

Imo all.such care should be funded by the state as a basic right and better controlled so the funding is used for patients and not CEO's  and shareholders to hoard offshore and not pay tax on.

6 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Really  have you read any post from Mclean, Drew, read the Daily Mail, express, listened to the BBC in Scotland or even heard Carlaw, Murray or other unionist MSP's?

They are all trying to point the finger at the Scottish government. 

They are also pointing the finger at the U.K. govt as today’s reporting ably demonstrates , with no mention whatsoever of Sturgeon Drakeford or Foster . 

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

They are also pointing the finger at the U.K. govt as today’s reporting ably demonstrates , with no mention whatsoever of Sturgeon Drakeford or Foster . 

Really, Carlaw and Murray are criticising the UK govt?  The Daily mail and express is criticising their beloved Tories?

Must've missed all that.