PM BoJo

Scooter

In terms of who'd do a better job as PM, even #SNPBAD Nicola Sturgeon polls the same as Sunak, or Starmer, across the whole of the UK!  

19% each, but 23% think no-one could do better than Boris. I suspect the Tories will stick with Boris - 23% being more than 19%. 

Besides, he'll get the ERG and 1922 chaps back on board with Brexit..

A survey for i by Redfield & Wilton Strategies interviewed 2,000 people this week about their view of the Covid-19 response. 37 per cent said they approved of the way Mr Johnson has handled the crisis with 44 per cent disapproving, a net rating of -7. In mid-April, around the peak of the epidemic, the Prime Minister had a net rating of +38...

Asked which other politicians would have led the UK better than the Prime Minister, 19 per cent name Sir Keir with the same proportion backing Nicola Sturgeon and another 19 per cent preferring Rishi Sunak. 23 per cent said no other current politician would have done a better job. 

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-lockdown-boris-johnson-poll-ratings-negative-lockdown-imposed-late-451324

42 minutes ago, RAG said:

Asked which other politicians would have led the UK better than the Prime Minister, 19 per cent name Sir Keir with the same proportion backing Nicola Sturgeon and another 19 per cent preferring Rishi Sunak. 23 per cent said no other current politician would have done a better job. 

As I said you canny go wrong wrapping yourself in union flags and signing Land of Hope and Glory. I believe a substantial part of our population are so enthused with never say die patriotism they actually believe we are handling the outbreak well, despite the mounting data supporting the view the UK has made a total dogs dinner of it. And when the economy collapses after BoJo makes a total bollox of Brexit it will all be the fault of nasty Jonny Foreigner. 

Did you also know the UK has plans to go it alone replacing the US military GPS with its own satellite navigation system now that we have excluded ourselves from the EU Galileo project. It's "fantasy of the absurd" stuff just like our world class mobile phone tracing app. But when the project all collapses in a pile of rubble nobody will think to question the Eton Cretin's competence.

25 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

What a puke inducing, finger jabbing, arrogant load of pish from the UK's leading asshole this morning. 

Yeah I noticed he had convened a another of his world famous "farting from the mouth" sessions for the worlds meeja. Yet more fetid hot air and horses**t from the Eton Cretin. 

"The UK is a world beater and it's going to be even better because I say so. Anybody who doubts my word is very unpatriotic and has no right to British citizenship. Anybody who asks how the greatness will be a achieved is clearly a troublemaker. Britain is great because Churchill was great and I really want to be like him."

54 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Yeah I noticed he had convened a another of his world famous "farting from the mouth" sessions for the worlds meeja. Yet more fetid hot air and horses**t from the Eton Cretin. 

"The UK is a world beater and it's going to be even better because I say so. Anybody who doubts my word is very unpatriotic and has no right to British citizenship. Anybody who asks how the greatness will be a achieved is clearly a troublemaker. Britain is great because Churchill was great and I really want to be like him."

Magic money tree continues to produce the goods. Billions here, billions there.  Money for everyone. Loadsamoney!!!

All without raising taxes.

"My friends, I am not a communist.

I believe it is also the job of government to create the conditions for free market enterprise and yes we clap for our NHS, but under this government we also clap for those who make our NHS possible our innovators, our wealth creators, our capitalists and financiers.

I am conscious as I say all this that it sounds like a prodigious amount of government intervention.

It sounds positively Rooseveltian. It sounds like a New Deal.

And all I can say is that if so, then that is how it is meant to sound and to be, because that is what the times demand a government that is powerful and determined and that puts its arms around people at a time of crisis, that tackles homelessness and the inequalities that drive people to food banks because it is time not just for a new deal but a fair deal for the British people.

And we can do all this partly because of the prudent management of the economy in the last 10 years but also because we are planning to invest now when the cost of borrowing allows it, when the returns are greatest, because that is the way both now and in the medium term to drive the growth, and fuel the animal spirits and the long-term business investment on which our future prosperity depends."

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I think the most sickening thing for me gdevoy is we have over 60,000 people dead, god knows how many grieving very recent unexpected losses and he comes out like an excitable dog on heat as everything is fine now, its all hunky dorky and forget all that, it's in the past and we are going to build this and that now and bring everyone together and move forward like never before. Major ill judgement and timing in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I think the most sickening thing for me gdevoy is we have over 60,000 people dead, god knows how many grieving very recent unexpected losses and he comes out like an excitable dog on heat as everything is fine now, its all hunky dorky and forget all that, it's in the past and we are going to build this and that now and bring everyone together and move forward like never before. Major ill judgement and timing in my opinion. 

At last some one had the guts to call out The etons tossers Lazarus moment pointing out he was only in icu for a relativeley short time ch 5 jeremey vine  resident doctor

quoted this morning as saying so when a comment was made by another panelist about him doing press ups .when other people had sadly died who were longer on ventilators and much longer in intensive care

8 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

....he comes out like an excitable dog on heat as everything is fine now, its all hunky dorky and forget all that, it's in the past and we are going to build this and that now and bring everyone together and move forward like never before. Major ill judgement and timing in my opinion. 

Remember he campaigned on a ticket of Brexit and optimism, determined to banish the "doomsters and the gloomsters".

17 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Saw this quote this morning and couldn't agree more with it.  It also puts the unionist position of Carlaw and Mclean (sounds like a folk duo) into perspective as well.

"Scotland must be the only country in the world where self isolating our country from a bordering Nation where the virus is out of control is seen as politically provocative rather than a necessary and sensible public health measure!"

Reading through the BBC reporting on the Eton Cretin's waffle from yesterday. I suppose they did grudgingly admit he did little more than re-heat his election manifesto. Now promising it will cure Covid-19 problems as well as Brexit while giving no more information on what he proposes to do than "Build, Build, Build" and a rather nebulous commitment to "levelling up" whatever the beep that means.

What not one of the sycophantic toadies at the Beeb risked pointing out was that his "ideas" are at total odds with the Tories' goddess Hilda. she must be birlin in her grave at the notion of more government involvement in infrastructure projects. Surely the Eton Cretin cannot be suggesting Hilda was wrong forcing councils to sell off their housing stock and sopping them from building any more houses? Surely the Blessed Hilda cannot have made a mistake in throwing manufacturing under a bus to screw the unions and relying 100% for national growth on financial services. Financial services which are now crashing and burning.

Not a single voice on the beeb has mentioned this 180 degree about face and total retreat from Thatcher's Brave New World.

By the way did anybody see Theresa May getting torn into the Eton Cretin in the commons yesterday? She has been quite quiet up until now but there must be a world of frustrating contained in there. She tried to govern (whether you agree with her politics or not) comparatively competently while being assassinated from all sides, fighting off votes of no confidence from parliament and her own party. Trying to find a Brixit solution that didn't exist with a minority government.

Now the Eton Cretin is making a total Horlicks of everything he touches and there is not a word of criticism form a single Tory. He has no strategy and no clue about how to progress Brexit but there is not a whisper of discontent. He has set about smashing the civil service without any clue of what he will replace it with and Theresa was the first to break ranks and give him a real ear bashing..

19 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

By the way did anybody see Theresa May getting torn into the Eton Cretin in the commons yesterday?

He was in Dudley yesterday. It was Michael Gove she was questioning.

There may not yet be any public show of discontent by backbenchers but there is plenty in private.

49 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

She tried to govern (whether you agree with her politics or not) comparatively competently while being assassinated from all sides, fighting off votes of no confidence from parliament and her own party.

If you mean the arrogance of 'I am right, and I will.notnlisten to anyone else' as a definition of competent then you're right, otherwise she was a total shambles and an ignorant, arrogant one.

49 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Trying to find a Brixit solution that didn't exist with a minority government.

Yes, by locking all the devolved nations put totally from any negotiations  and bringing in legislation to repatriate powers to London which actually sat with the devolved nations.

42 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

If you mean the arrogance of 'I am right, and I will.notnlisten to anyone else' as a definition of competent then you're right, otherwise she was a total shambles and an ignorant, arrogant one.

BoJo takes ignorance to a new level  but Theresa did have it sewn up in the arrogance stakes.

42 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Yes, by locking all the devolved nations put totally from any negotiations  and bringing in legislation to repatriate powers to London which actually sat with the devolved nations.

She could not have appealed to her own bats**t nutters without excluding the SNP and trying to emasculate then. BoJo has done exactly the same. The thing is he doesnt seem to get any criticism for it and he is thick as sticky pig s**t with it.

Edited by gdevoy

On a side not this "whack a mole", latest quip from the arsehole in chief is not remotely clever or funny. Your not Jonathan Van Tam, you prick. 

And another thing,  Starmer said they knew about Leicester 11 days ago and did nothing. Arsehole stands up and said "oh yes we did",  they knew about it on 8th June and sent extra testers. So they knew about it 22 days ago and did not act decisively!!!! Hoist by his own Petard and disappointingly Starmer didnt pick up on it.   Never mind though,  the cycle Lane in Gloucester will get funding. Ill never understand why Tories get to ask questions. It shouldnt be a f**king love in. 

Finally, if it is true and he told a councillor in Brighton to "show some balls",  it's a bit ironic from the "man", who hid in a fridge. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Arsehole stands up and said "oh yes we did",  they knew about it on 8th June and sent extra testers. So they knew about it 22 days ago and did not act decisively!!!! Hoist by his own Petard and disappointingly Starmer didnt pick up on it. 

He said they acted as they had done in other such hot-spots -Kirklees, Weston-Super-Mare, I think - which were presumably more successfully “whacked” to date. 

From what I read about Leicester - employees in sweatshops with the virus being forced to work, no social distancing in said sweatshops, furlough fraud etc - I think it might just be a clusterf**k. 

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

He said they acted as they had done in other such hot-spots -Kirklees, Weston-Super-Mare, I think - which were presumably more successfully “whacked” to date. 

From what I read about Leicester - employees in sweatshops with the virus being forced to work, no social distancing in said sweatshops, furlough fraud etc - I think it might just be a clusterf**k. 

Not to mention 5 thousand BLM protesters cheek to jowel as well.

I see BoJo having a ranty melt down about Wee Nicola talking about possible travel restrictions at the border. Echoed very much in the Torygraph. Another kneejerk one here like Starmer diving in to support BLM, seems like a no brainer but actually very unwise.

Considering the travel restrictions he has just announced around Leicester, he can only end up on the wrong side of that argument IMO.

3 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

https://apple.news/A9d9Mx9kUSsGfQF5SIUJaxQ

We’re going to have American style daily briefings from Downing Street !

That's good as long as its Johnson instead of one of his minions. At least Trump faces the press every day and we can see exactly what a dick he is day on day.

Cant remember if I posted this, through a haze of lockdown inebriation, but this is for Dr Jenny minimal risk to care homes, no evidence masks help Harries, who I see still has the arrogance to attend briefings. 

20200629_171403.jpg

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

That's good as long as its Johnson instead of one of his minions. At least Trump faces the press every day and we can see exactly what a dick he is day on day.

The UK Gov has cocked up it's response to this virus in every conceivable way, a consequence of those who feel entitled to rule without ever questioning whether they are even capable.

Even down to the basic misconceived idea of having a different minister do the briefing every night, at a time when all good sense tells that people need the stability of a constant point of reference.

The US briefings have become a propaganda s**tshow, and if this is all the UK Gov are after, they can stick them where the sun doesn't shine!

27 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The UK Gov has cocked up it's response to this virus in every conceivable way, a consequence of those who feel entitled to rule without ever questioning whether they are even capable.

The government has made many mistakes in dealing with coronavirus leading to the deaths of many thousands of our older citizens. But really I don't feel they deserve too much criticism there. The disease is completely new, nobody knows how it would and will evolve and we are all learning, by our mistakes as we go. What makes me want to walk up and hit one of the smarmy faced Eton w****rs is when they start telling us the UK response has been "world class" and that we will have a "state of the art world class test and trace system." Delude yourselves if you like but this is a guy educated to degree level you are talking to not Simple Effing Simon.

This level of self delusion from the Eton educated is what has got us into the Brexit s**t show we are in thinking we can lead the world and people will be queuing up to do deals. The world is full of very clever people and we do not have a monopoly like we did in the 19th century.

37 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The US briefings have become a propaganda s**tshow, and if this is all the UK Gov are after, they can stick them where the sun doesn't shine!

Indeed. I think it is fair to say I will not be making any space in my diary to catch BoJo's daily mouth farting.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Indeed. I think it is fair to say I will not be making any space in my diary to catch BoJo's daily mouth farting.

Oh I don’t know it could be rather entertaining to watch Johnson bluff and bluster his way through some questions . 
I predict it won’t be too long before he’s replaced by a spokesperson after been torn a new one one day .