#Killie150 - The Event (SUPPER DANCE £30 A TICKET)

KillieFC

Just so you know...we are ticketing this way so that everyone gets a fair chance of getting a ticket and also we are taking payment later to avoid adding £3.25 onto each ticket for booking fees, we wanted to keep it down to £30 a ticket and didn't want to pass that on to fans.

18 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Does the Grand Hall only hold 200? If so, why not have it in the hotel?

No, we're trying to fit in 300. The other 100 are for all the ex-players we are inviting, we want them to have a good night out with the fans without having to make speeches and the like. Whatever tickets remain after that will go back on sale, there is a wait list on Eventbrite.

We tried the Park Hotel first, they didn't have the date free, we want it on September 7th because Scotland are at home on the Friday and the Monday night and Killie have no game on the Saturday.

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

so there wont be a need for a suit if its no pomp and ceremony?

Sorry Shortie, missed out the dress code on the blurb, will check with the other organisers about this but I think we're talking lounge suits...a wee bit of respect for the occasion and all that...but not going as far as black tie etc.

1 hour ago, KillieFC said:

Sorry Shortie, missed out the dress code on the blurb, will check with the other organisers about this but I think we're talking lounge suits...a wee bit of respect for the occasion and all that...but not going as far as black tie etc.

No problem cheers

4 hours ago, KillieFC said:

Just so you know...we are ticketing this way so that everyone gets a fair chance of getting a ticket and also we are taking payment later to avoid adding £3.25 onto each ticket for booking fees, we wanted to keep it down to £30 a ticket and didn't want to pass that on to fans.

Fair chance, a lot of us will be in Belgrade :1:

Edited by kilMARKnock
Those thumbs again

4 hours ago, KillieFC said:

No, we're trying to fit in 300. The other 100 are for all the ex-players we are inviting, we want them to have a good night out with the fans without having to make speeches and the like. Whatever tickets remain after that will go back on sale, there is a wait list on Eventbrite.

We tried the Park Hotel first, they didn't have the date free, we want it on September 7th because Scotland are at home on the Friday and the Monday night and Killie have no game on the Saturday.

Thanks Barry 

Actually the guys might have a point.

We chose the release date and time because its a short window until the event and it needs done now, but we had to give fans fair warning it was happening because this is (deliberately) a free for all to give everyone the same chance of tickets. We even put it at 7pm so that most were home from work, and yes we know folk work back shift but you have to draw the line somewhere. We thought most people who were going to Belgrade would be there 24 hours before the match as well. Waiting until everyone is back is not really an option, some folk are on holiday for a week, we can change the release time and/or date though if the majority think we've called it wrong...hell mend us if we do that and fans log in at 7pm on Wednesday and have missed it though!

What do you think would be the idea time to release the tickets....and should we run a poll to decide on varying options or just leave it?

6 minutes ago, baz said:

Actually the guys might have a point.

We chose the release date and time because its a short window until the event and it needs done now, but we had to give fans fair warning it was happening because this is (deliberately) a free for all to give everyone the same chance of tickets. We even put it at 7pm so that most were home from work, and yes we know folk work back shift but you have to draw the line somewhere. We thought most people who were going to Belgrade would be there 24 hours before the match as well. Waiting until everyone is back is not really an option, some folk are on holiday for a week, we can change the release time and/or date though if the majority think we've called it wrong...hell mend us if we do that and fans log in at 7pm on Wednesday and have missed it though!

What do you think would be the idea time to release the tickets....and should we run a poll to decide on varying options or just leave it?

I would keep it the same, and those going to Belgrade can kindly ask someone to try get them a ticket, the same as every other fan. We all have commitments during the week.

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Saturday 5pm, everybody should be back by then. 

I dare say a fair few of our fans could have been in the pub for a few hours by 5pm on Saturday, not an ideal time to ask someone to remember and log in to get a ticket!

15 minutes ago, baz said:

I dare say a fair few of our fans could have been in the pub for a few hours by 5pm on Saturday, not an ideal time to ask someone to remember and log in to get a ticket!

No idea then, suggested 5pm because it was before people went out. There is no perfect time. 

Doesn't seem to matter what we do here, someone might miss out, what we are going to do is leave it as is and try and make sure that as many fans who are on a plane in or around 7pm on Wednesday and want to get tickets have someone who can try for one in their stead. If you are in the unlikely position that you have no one who can log in and try and get tickets then get in touch and we'll try and find someone who will try for you...please note that's not us guaranteeing tickets to anyone...just making sure you get a fair chance.

I would also appreciate if folk stopped messaging me about getting tickets as well (and its far from just the boys going to Belgrade, only heard from one of them) as no one is getting preference here, not the website staff, not the Trust Board, not the KFCSA Committee, not the bus convenors...absolutely no one apart from the ex-players, of course, and as I've said...any of their tickets that get returned/refused will go into the pot and be up for grabs to those on the Eventbrite waiting list.

We're currently looking for sponsors and raffle prizes, you won't get much in return to be honest, a few mentions here and there, this is not a money making exercise, it's just a celebration for fans and people connected with the club...message me on here or email [email protected]

15 minutes ago, daviefaekillie said:

Stupid question but just double checking - this is a dance right? A 'bring the wife' gig and not tables full of lads trying to shout over the band? Just asking as if she finds out its a dance and I go to it alone I'll get my arse well and truly kicked! LOL

Well it is a dance so it is essentially a couples thing as we spent a lot of money on the band and there are no real speeches or anything like that. That said, many of our fans are single so there is no way we'd be stopping friends etc. getting tickets. Hopefully it will be a good mix, that's one of the reasons for ticket sales being the way they are (free for all) and not just going to specific groups first.

2 hours ago, KillieFC said:

Well it is a dance so it is essentially a couples thing as we spent a lot of money on the band and there are no real speeches or anything like that. That said, many of our fans are single so there is no way we'd be stopping friends etc. getting tickets. Hopefully it will be a good mix, that's one of the reasons for ticket sales being the way they are (free for all) and not just going to specific groups first.

Updating my tinder as we speak... ;)

5 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

So in theory 30 people could bag the lot. Doesn't really tie in with everybody getting a fair chance. 

It does, it’s open to everyone at the same time so you have the exact same chance of getting a ticket as anyone else, one ticket or ten, and we had to make it ten because there are groups who will take a full table. There will be no resales as when we chase the money we will chase names as well. Anyone ordering more than the maximum allocation (one table of ten) will lose out completely and their tickets will go to fans on the wait list. This is an additional option we have based on the way it’s being done.