They say no news is good news...???

Alex

The nomads game was hard to take but truth is we did not deserve to go through. We where lucky down at Wales and we never turned up at home even with a fabulous support behind us. The whole of Scottish football, fans , papers , and tv media are all laughing at us thinking the Stevie bubble has burst we need to get behind the new manager and hoping he brings in quality signings.

Having just read an old article based on Steve Clarke’s revised contract after his debut season it all pointed towards positivity, confidence for the fans and therefore confidence for the players that the Coach saw a group of players that he wanted to work with and make better. As the next season ( last season) took shape generally the feeling was the same. Positivity, a team drilled to win. Not always silky football but a winning team. And followed up mostly with good PR, solid and composed interviews which bread even more confidence among the fans. Which might just have poured onto the pitch. 

So... the silence which the fans have been subjected to over the past month with a Managerial signing that should be celebrated has been nothing short of deafening. We all know the managers English is pretty poor so surely embrace that discuss it, share it and find solutions quickly. Steve Clarke involves the fans his way. By coaching the players, instilling confidence and telling us that that’s what he was doing. So so simple. 

All we ask is that we are included, kept informed, treated like we matter. A lot of the hard work done over two years has been undone by not just the bad result but by the absolute failure in talking to us. Perhaps that why the CEO has gone. A complete inability to connect with fans. BB isn’t great at it but he would admit that. As we sprint towards an opening game with Rangers on Sunday we can only hope that some good news will pour out of the club this week. 

For me with regards to the club we all love, no news is good news couldn’t be further from the truth. 

10 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Good news for me would be having no more of these mindnumbing threads, on the same topic, day after day.

Brillinat :-))) ...why are you on here then? 

Day after Day... point exactly. We’re all bored. 

Edited by Burghktid

5 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Good news for me would be having no more of these mindnumbing threads, on the same topic, day after day.

What we really need is a “something’s no right” mega-thread. Perhaps with a team of mods to scour the forum 24/7 and relocate these type of threads there, so we know where to find them all. I’m afraid I might miss something important. 

Edited by Zorro

I think there is a big difference between this time last year and now and that's down to two things - the departure of SC and the uncertainty over the new manager and one of the worst reuslts in our recent history.

We hadn't signed many players by this time last year either but you just knew that SC would get it right and we trusted him. There is no such feeling with AA - he hasn't earned the trust of the fans yet and there are worries that he isnt going to be good enough. Time will tell. 

Edited by historyman

9 hours ago, Burghktid said:

Having just read an old article based on Steve Clarke’s revised contract after his debut season it all pointed towards positivity, confidence for the fans and therefore confidence for the players that the Coach saw a group of players that he wanted to work with and make better. As the next season ( last season) took shape generally the feeling was the same. Positivity, a team drilled to win. Not always silky football but a winning team. And followed up mostly with good PR, solid and composed interviews which bread even more confidence among the fans. Which might just have poured onto the pitch. 

So... the silence which the fans have been subjected to over the past month with a Managerial signing that should be celebrated has been nothing short of deafening. We all know the managers English is pretty poor so surely embrace that discuss it, share it and find solutions quickly. Steve Clarke involves the fans his way. By coaching the players, instilling confidence and telling us that that’s what he was doing. So so simple. 

All we ask is that we are included, kept informed, treated like we matter. A lot of the hard work done over two years has been undone by not just the bad result but by the absolute failure in talking to us. Perhaps that why the CEO has gone. A complete inability to connect with fans. BB isn’t great at it but he would admit that. As we sprint towards an opening game with Rangers on Sunday we can only hope that some good news will pour out of the club this week. 

For me with regards to the club we all love, no news is good news couldn’t be further from the truth. 

How many signings did SC tell us about in advance?

None! 

A -ve post just for the sake of stirring things up

14 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Fast forward some 9 months...the place Hampden....the scene....a team clad in their special oxford blue strip parade the Scottish Cup before a delirious West Stand. Having finished a creditable 5th place in the League, no one expected the unfancied provincial side from Ayrshire stopping Celtics fourth treble in a row...and yet following the 2-1 victory in ET, (Rory McKenzie with the winner) the fans belt out 'Angelo,...Angelo,...Angelo'..A delighted Billy Bowie is interviewed on BBC Sport Scotland (with Neil Lennon seen still beating his head on the Hampden turf behind him), by a morose Richard Gordon whose first 5 questions are all about 'just how did Killie manage to beat Aberdeen in the semi-final on penalties, and does Billy think McInnes is still the best man for Pittodrie? surely Scott McKenna is worth £35 million by now eh Billy'....by question 7 BB is finally able to say 'I told you we had appointed the best manager in Scotland last summer'...

2 months later as Killie are knocked out of the Europa League 4-3 by Ballymena..having played a warm up friendly against Knockintiber,..a furious forum and social media asks how can it have come to this....surely AA has to go...rinse and repeat.

Edited by Jedi2