Presser

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

11 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Strip away the usual bunch of football cliches (ALL managers are guilty), and AA looks frustrated and rather haunted.

I wish him well, fingers crossed...... 

I’d say frustrated. I did wonder when he was talking up the last game of the season if he was fully aware of the general level in Scotland: decent but well below what he’s used to.

For me, that’s where the manager bit comes in, rather than the elite coach. He’s clearly an elite coach but man-management is different.

English language level aside, I get the impression he’s not too impressed with the technical ability. He talks about Brophy’s youth and inexperience, the difficulties in getting ideas across and the lack of options. I think he feels the job is not what he thought it would be. Let’s be honest, haggling over guys like David Wheater and losing them to Oldham probably wasn’t what he imagined.

In Scotland though, these players are good players and probably should be talked up a whole lot more by their new boss. ‘Tough to impress’ father-figure works - once the respect is earned.

Edited by NorfolkG

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I think that is what comes with English as a second language - I assume he means we are not as strong in some areas as others. Which is correct. 

Maybe the Club should appoint someone else for the pressers until his English gets better. It's unfair of the press to misconstrue what he says especially coming after success in Steve Clarke. Posative doesn't sell papers though. It's an intriguing choice of manager, I wonder if after Thursday Chelsea will help him out

Unless players are from Italy that he knows and they know him what chance have we got when the whole football world up here knows

we have problems behind the scene's.  and believe  me we do would you if you were a player sign ?. This is the biggest mistake in Killie's

history.  give it 4 games no wins and Mr Bowie will have to rethink everything. Oh and before everybody jumps up a down I don't want us to lose

any game. But after the last month I cant see anything other than some heart break coming our way. There is no inspiration from AA when he talks.

can anyone out there say they feel it when he talks ? Hope I am wrong and will be there on Sunday.  

2 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

Maybe the Club should appoint someone else for the pressers until his English gets better. It's unfair of the press to misconstrue what he says especially coming after success in Steve Clarke. Posative doesn't sell papers though. 

Unfortunately the narrative has already been set in the press that he's a disaster, so if he suddenly stopped talking to the media then they'd just twist that and run with it as "crisis at Killie as manager REFUSES to address fans" or some other bulls**t.

4 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

I wonder if after Thursday Chelsea will help him out

I'd have hoped that Inter would have already stepped up given his even stronger connection there in Conte. 

1 minute ago, Big G said:

Unless players are from Italy that he knows and they know him what chance have we got when the whole football world up here knows

we have problems behind the scene's.  and believe  me we do would you if you were a player sign ?. This is the biggest mistake in Killie's

history.  give it 4 games no wins and Mr Bowie will have to rethink everything. Oh and before everybody jumps up a down I don't want us to lose

any game. But after the last month I cant see anything other than some heart break coming our way. There is no inspiration from AA when he talks.

can anyone out there say they feel it when he talks ? Hope I am wrong and will be there on Sunday.  

I think he showed there that he is a VERY passionate guy with high standards.

If, as you mentioned, you know behind the scenes, can you say how the club is supporting him with bringing in players?

Just now, Big G said:

The short answer is yes. The slightly longer answer is that even when we had Gary Locke, or Lee Clark, or Allan Johnston, or Lee McCulloch and were floundering at the bottom of the table and had a chairman that everyone knew the fans despised we still regularly signed players that had turned down other Scottish clubs in our favour. If the contract is good enough (and considering we've lost four of our top earners in Boyd, Mulumbu, Bachmann and Tshibola) then most players will sign no matter the manager or the background situation. Seems far more likely to me that its AA's disapproval over available players with the current budget than us making loads of offers and constantly being turned down.

19 minutes ago, piffer said:

The more I hear him talk about football I have hope that he could be a decent appointment. That won’t come to fruition with his hands tied behind his back.

Well he was a coach at Chelsea they don't hire rubbish admittedly they also don't keep them around  long :) From what I've read of him I'd rather have someone like him at the Hawthorns (being a Baggie) than a pulis type The time his spent at Juventus. He could be to Killie what Ardiles RDM was to us

Edited by baggie192

4 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

I dont understand this patter the management keep spouting about it being hard to bring in players.

Fair enough it may be hard to get every single target you want but to use that as an excuse for being this woefully underprepared is laughable and starting to get on my tits a bit.

Agree totally............ just be glad to get the season underway and, I'm sure, after a few games we will all know where we stand going fwd........ hopefully it will be positive but imho I think many of us have our doubts.

I think opinions at this stage are difficult. Let's face it, we have had one disappointing game and at this stage a lack of signings that would have kept some people happy. However, it is easy to sign players. Agents will throw hundreds of names, most of which will be duds. Quality is what is required and he obviously can recognise what he needs. So let's wait 7 to 10 games and until the window shuts before we start pressing the emergency button.

Listening to and watching the full "presser" does show the Manager is frustrated with the recruitment process so far , even at one point thought he was ready to go further with some reasons/information but then he perhaps thought better and used again the phrase  "club working hard to get deals done " 

the issues and then removal of the football executive has obviously not helped ........but still feel it would been beneficial for any new Manager IF the Board had not delayed the process and got a Manager in place far earlier than they did. Giving him time to sort a few things out including what was needed in recruitment of players  , well before the players came back in for preseason when it all got very busy with changes in coaching staff  , then the trip to Spain etc 

Edited by Scouser2

30 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Showed real passion there, he really wants to do well in this role. He needs the fans behind him 100%.

His English has improved ten-fold as well

I just watched this and totally agree. Much more engaged and commanding and credit to the rate that he is picking up the language. Felt much different to me than before. He wants to change but change will take time and new players. All makes sense. We need wingers and forwards. Think we all agree. I really think he can turn this around. 3 to 4 first team plYers and couple of backups and we’ll be back in there.

4 hours ago, doubledutch1869 said:

He’s here for 3 years, which is a pretty long time given our recent record with managers (SSC aside). I love the idea of him building a team to play this expansive style he talks about, I just hope he gets the time to do it. Given our budgets and level of scouting, that will probably take at least 2/3 transfer windows i’d guess. 

Wisdom!

26 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I just watched this and totally agree. Much more engaged and commanding and credit to the rate that he is picking up the language. Felt much different to me than before. He wants to change but change will take time and new players. All makes sense. We need wingers and forwards. Think we all agree. I really think he can turn this around. 3 to 4 first team plYers and couple of backups and we’ll be back in there.

It gave me the impression of someone who has looked around, weighed up his situation, and thought, ‘right, let’s get this sorted’.

I still feel he is massively culpable for CQN but I can feel his seethe and I like it. The club has been amateur this summer and I can’t believe he has put a glittering coaching career on the back burner to fail limply.

He should be hammering BB’s door asking what the f**k the ‘Football Executive’ role is going to do to support him a lot better than it has so far. And from that interview, I get the feeling he has done.

edit: I still absolutely believe we have a very good core. It’s not NEW players we need but three or four additional players with a more technical style. Even just one MF and one winger would drastically change what we can do. Eremenko made a much poorer team into the f**kin Globetrotters.

20 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

It gave me the impression of someone who has looked around, weighed up his situation, and thought, ‘right, let’s get this sorted’.

I still feel he is massively culpable for CQN but I can feel his seethe and I like it. The club has been amateur this summer and I can’t believe he has put a glittering coaching career on the back burner to fail limply.

He should be hammering BB’s door asking what the f**k the ‘Football Executive’ role is going to do to support him a lot better than it has so far. And from that interview, I get the feeling he has done.

edit: I still absolutely believe we have a very good core. It’s not NEW players we need but three or four additional players with a more technical style. Even just one MF and one winger would drastically change what we can do. Eremenko made a much poorer team into the f**kin Globetrotters.

Fair play watching it back again I think you’ve got a point here 

Surely he has to realise that quality loans, that are out of our price range under normal circumstances, is the only route to go.

Supplementing average £450 p/w players with Eremenko, Mulumbu, Bachmann and Millar types, although puts the club and fans in a false happy bubble, is surely a better short term solution (until the club can build itself up again) than permanent AJ/ Locke type signings.

Also the fact that he has commented on SSC loan signing policy being too much, pretty much ends the possibility of his phone call being accepted.