All the worry for nothing

skyhigh

Completely different side the second half. One of the “biggest clubs in the world” who’ve literally spent millions beat us with two set pieces. Keeper looked good and MEM looked a lot better second half also. Given how some of us (me included) have reacted this last few weeks we seemed en route to a hiding.

also big Gav Wallace at half time saying some news likely next week, optimism all round...

We haven't really added to the squad as has been highlighted repeatedly. Looked competitive still, well set up, performed very well second half.

They've done their business and don't look particularly great.

A tough result to take, a defeat we didn't deserve but we're not in the position that the panic merchants are portraying.

The same fight is there.  I walked out the ground disappointed, but not at all angry with the result.  It was completely unjustified but I can take it in perspective after the performance from the team, and the response from the fans.  

Today was a big day in our season, and I really worried about the impact of a potential 0-5 drubbing on morale across the club and the support.  We should have taken something from that game, but a bit like our 0-3 loss to Hibs, our fans just know the crux of a good team is there.  Even if we don't strengthen, we'll be absolutely fine.  Onwards and upwards.  Well done to the team and the crowd.  

Looking forward to the next game.

4 minutes ago, czuko said:

I disagree. Looking at the performance and shape from the Nomads debacle compared to what we got today, I’d say Dyer and the players had a lot to do with the way we played today.

This time last year we lay down to them in league cup! Did you blame SC and AD then? Much better performance than this time last season

1 minute ago, virtuocity said:

The same fight is there.  I walked out the ground disappointed, but not at all angry with the result.  It was completely unjustified but I can take it in perspective after the performance from the team, and the response from the fans.  

Today was a big day in our season, and I really worried about the impact of a potential 0-5 drubbing on morale across the club and the support.  We should have taken something from that game, but a bit like our 0-3 loss to Hibs, our fans just know the crux of a good team is there.  Even if we don't strengthen, we'll be absolutely fine.  Onwards and upwards.  Well done to the team and the crowd.  

Looking forward to the next game.

Agree with most of this other than I think we need to strengthen in a couple of key positions. I am sure the management team are more aware than we are. I am also sure that the club is working hard to get players in. We have ruled out a couple of trialists which shows we aren’t making signings for the sake of it.

14 minutes ago, czuko said:

I disagree. Looking at the performance and shape from the Nomads debacle compared to what we got today, I’d say Dyer and the players had a lot to do with the way we played today.

Have a word with yourself. Give AA the credit he deserves. Back the manager, back the team. 

16 minutes ago, czuko said:

Alessio is to blame when things go bad

but takes zero credit when things go well, stop following the media, get behind the guy f**k sake

Just now, Anon said:

Have a word with yourself. Give AA the credit he deserves. Back the manager, back the team. 

I must apologise for having an opinion that differs from you. I’m still struggling with the concept of credit to AA after the Nomads defeat but again, that’s my opinion that probably differs from you.

18 minutes ago, czuko said:

Why would you say that? 

Because you believe a man who had been in  management teams at the very highest level in football can't change his tactics from game-to-game?