Fish Supper

kilm53

I recently saw this place on a TV programme and thought I'd try it as I was in Edinburgh..

https://www.thefishmarketnewhaven.co.uk/

i didn't book a table so there was no chance of getting one I was told until 9 pm that was at 5-45pm.

so I had to join the queue .. 1hour and 30 minutes later after handing over £8-50p I had a large Haddock Supper in a box ready to taste the delights I'd been waiting for.

proper potato chips and fish in a crunchy tasty batter and boy was it nice.. absolutely stuffed after all that , thank god I didn't try the whale Haddock supper.. worth a visit if you are in the area..

Edited by kilm53

It was.. my son said the Lemon Sole Supper was excellent and the Scampi his girlfriend had were good decent sized prawns..definitely worth the wait..I was there at tea-time which is normally busy..the queue was longer after I had eaten my supper..worth the extra price to book a table..

Was out a drive down the Borders and popped into Leith on the way back to Glasgow, the queues were still long over 1hour + to get 2 Fish Suppers.. but they were ace.. the place must make a mint as all the tables were Aldo full up while I stood there waiting.. Mrs enjoyed her Supper that's all that mattered :1:

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Is it the Wee Hurrie at the harbour ? Been there a while. 

Aye, it’s been there for years. Was over a couple of weeks ago for the first time in over a year and it’s pricey, 40p change out of £30 for 3 suppers, 1 portion peas and 2 cans of juice, however it’s bloody good. Chips have improved as well.

Edited by Merk