Fake Tickets

KillieFC

15 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

Problem isn't with QR codes, they are used worldwide for ticket purposes. The problem lies with the police not dealing with folk who try to gain entry when the code has already been used. To let them overpower an exit is shambolic, shameful and dangerous. Match commander accountable here.

Correct. Ive accidentally went through to security at Glasgow Airport with my wife's boarding pass. Meaning when she has scanned hers she couldn't get through. We had to prove that we both had a separate qr code and checked our id against that to let her through. The security Killie have hired haven't done their jobs when folk have rocked up trying to get in with a copied code. 

Any other venue security would have delt with the perpetrators and removed them. 

6 minutes ago, SpaceMonkeyMcD said:

There should be a clear disclaimer that QR codes are for single use only and the away clubs should be making this clear to their fans when purchasing.

Once we start knocking them back they’ll get the message.

Of course we did knock them back but they simply forced the gate to be opened.

39 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

But they weren't let in. They pushed a steward out the way are opened the gates. I cant beleive you think this was a plan. In fact id go as far as to say you are as thick as them if you really believe what you are saying. You can see exactly what happened in that video. 

What allegedly happened yesterday is that people entered the ground without valid means of entry.
Did this happen when paper tickets were issued? Not that I am aware of, not even when they came to RP in a league decider

In my opinion there was a view from some of their fans that there would be a possible opportunity to get into ground without a valid means of entry either through intimidation/force probably on the back of a claim that they were holding a valid QR code - something that is much more difficult for a steward or the police to verify there and then compared to the tradition paper ticket. 

If it wasnt the case then I would this then the only other possible scenarios are:
a) people came to the ground late and it was taking a while to get in so they took matters into their own hands
or
b) the new ticketing system did not work effectively and caused delays / problems.

And by the way I would also say that I am very far from being thick.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good that the footage is being used against them now but the article still says reason they were "stuck outside" was because the "turnstiles failed" not because the orc sum had forged tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I must admit at the CQN game I was a bit surprised when the fella only took a phot of my "ticket" code. A phot wouldn't pick up it was a copy of someone elses ticket would it?  (It wasn't as it happens!)

Surely he scanned it? Most qr code scanners use a phones camera to "scan" the code, this is the system they were using yesterday also. It looks like they are taking a photo but it's actually scanning the code 

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

What allegedly happened yesterday is that people entered the ground without valid means of entry.
Did this happen when paper tickets were issued? Not that I am aware of, not even when they came to RP in a league decider

In my opinion there was a view from some of their fans that there would be a possible opportunity to get into ground without a valid means of entry either through intimidation/force probably on the back of a claim that they were holding a valid QR code - something that is much more difficult for a steward or the police to verify there and then compared to the tradition paper ticket. 

If it wasnt the case then I would this then the only other possible scenarios are:
a) people came to the ground late and it was taking a while to get in so they took matters into their own hands
or
b) the new ticketing system did not work effectively and caused delays / problems.

And by the way I would also say that I am very far from being thick.

Just because it didnt happen with a paper ticket syesem doesn't mean that tge new system is the problem. Huns wrongly thought it would be easy to copy and reuse qr codes. Opportunisic and aggressive behaviour led to gates being opened and rushed. At which point the game should have been postponed delayed whilst the fans responsible were delt with. 

Responsibility lies purly with those wgo carried said acts out and whith those who continually whitewash and allow such behaviour to go unpunished. 

This is just another manifestation of wildly bad behaviour by an entitled and moly coddled group of pretty nasty people. Everytime we play them they find another way of acting atrociously no matter what new measures the club put in place. Without adequate punishment this will continue. 

Im sorry about the thick comment and I retract that. But to place any blame for this on anything  (i.e the ticketing system not working) other than bad behaviour and subsequent poor policing is just wrong. 

2 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Games I've been to in england you need to scan the actual ticket and not a barcode on your phone. Might be different at different grounds tho. that was elland rd n Wembley 

It's pretty commonplace now for mobile scans. I've used it at gigs, festivals etc. Fantastic convenience providing you're not daft enough to try and reuse a code and then become outraged when it doesn't work.

Edited by Fletch

12 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Good that the footage is being used against them now but the article still says reason they were "stuck outside" was because the "turnstiles failed" not because the orc sum had forged tickets. 

We have to investigate but them without any info or evidence can just insinuate its a fault on our part. Once we have got the required evidence together id be suing them for liable as well as the stewarding company and police Scotland for failing in their duties to even attempt to keep the peace and maintaing an acceptable level of saftey at the ground. 

There were 4 mounted police at Rugby Rd, 2 of them yards from the gate that was forced! They had a perfect view of what was happening and they could have called for support for the stewards at the gate, while moving the fans away from the entrance. The fact that they did neither suggests that the horse’s intelligence was higher than that of the mounted police!