Fake Tickets

KillieFC

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

We need to know how to stop that happening again. 

The club has to spend money on cops at the turnstiles as a deterrent and those with knowingly 'fake' tickets will go to pub instead of trying to get in.

If it's Rangers with fake QR codes, it'll be Celtic, Man United, Chelsea all the big teams and Glastonbury.  Could be folk are buying them thinking they are real, you hear about that and Ed Sheeran tickets all the time.. not that Sevco and even crap like Ed Sheeran are in the same league!

6 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

Could those using copied QR codes be charged with fraud?

What's really concerning is that the Police would know that they forced open the gate and that their was an excess of fans. The fact they didn't take any action is alarming and could've lead to dangerous consequences.

Totaly agree, serious failure on the part of the match commander. They would have no way of accurately knowing how many orcs where in the stand. 

Thankfully we have a safe modern stadium, at other grounds it could have been much more dangerous

Of course the other thing that can affect the reading of the codes is the condition of the ticket. I always try to keep my ticket in mint condition and it usually is when I present it at the stadium. If a ticket is crumpled up in a pocket then the code may not scan. The person presenting the ticket needs to take some responsibility if that is the case. 

9 hours ago, Fankle said:

Any more information on the fake tickets?

I've seen comments from Rangers fans that some barcodes weren't scanning but the tickets were accepted when the serial number was typed in which obviously held everything up.

There is no serial number or barcode. Its QR codes as far as I'm aware. They don't have numbers etc. 

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There's also a reference code I think.

Mine for Nomads game was guwjp

I think that’s a reference number for the entire purchase. So if you bought five tickets they’d all have that number. Where as the QR code is unique to each ticket. 

Edited by Zorro

23 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

There is no serial number or barcode. Its QR codes as far as I'm aware. They don't have numbers etc. 

QR codes work in the same way as barcodes. They all represent a number or reference that is checked against the database. 

If you’re really bored, find an e-mail with the PDF of your Nomads ticket, get a QR app on your phone and see what it reads. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah it's different for each ticket as I my U16 ticket has a different reference and was bought exact same time.

U16 ticket or season ticket? I’m not a season ticket holder but when I’ve bought tickets it’s the same reference number for the two adults and one U16. There’s four QR codes for the three tickets too. Three individual codes and one group one. I’m confused lol.