Fake Tickets

KillieFC

2 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Still claiming there was a crush outside tho which makes it read like they had to open the gates to get in or risk being injured.

In fairness looking at the video taken from behind the crowd if fans were pushing forward I can imagine people closer to the turnstiles and wall may well have been pushed up against it. baffling how the police let it get that bad in the first place.

5 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

In fairness looking at the video taken from behind the crowd if fans were pushing forward I can imagine people closer to the turnstiles and wall may well have been pushed up against it. baffling how the police let it get that bad in the first place.

There is congestion outside as opposed to a crush.

Really simple all this:

- Its not fake tickets

- There was no failure at the turnstiles

The ticket works once - its not rocket science.

You turn up at the gate and your ticket doesn't work and you are one of 2 things:

1) An idiot who has bought a ticket and then shared it

2) Someone trying to get in on a shared ticket

Either way - jog on. The turnstiles are well protected, no fear for the operator (I don't think anyway)

Any hassle, shut the whole turnstile down.

As for the turnstile videos, there are 2 online.

In one you can clearly see maybe a couple of hundred fans outside, being largely patient and waiting to get in. A few getting agitated.  Absolutely 0% chance of a crush of any kind. Gates open, they all swarm in. Natural crows behaviour.  The ones at the back probably even thought it was opened by staff.

In the other you see absolute scumbags and thugs harassing the staff with Hillsborough bollocks and the likes and then physically forcing them out of the way to unlock the gate.  I'd bet money that it was folk who were in already on the forwarded QR code/s that did this.

Ban any fan from RP whose code was scanned more than once. 

Celtic mouthpiece Tom English in his first suggestion, blaming KFC, with an afterthought comment about pitch invasion and inappropriate singing, plus ca change 'How many supporters are supposed to be in that stand and how many were actually in there? SPFL have questions to ask of Kilmarnock for their potentially dangerous (mis)handling of the crowds'....

Edited by Jedi2

4 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Really simple all this:

- Its not fake tickets

- There was no failure at the turnstiles

The ticket works once - its not rocket science.

You turn up at the gate and your ticket doesn't work and you are one of 2 things:

1) An idiot who has bought a ticket and then shared it

2) Someone trying to get in on a shared ticket

Ban any fan from RP whose code was scanned more than once. 

Agreed, should be easy to trace who originally bought the legit ticket and ban/fine or charge them. 

40 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Games I've been to in england you need to scan the actual ticket and not a barcode on your phone. Might be different at different grounds tho. that was elland rd n Wembley 

I’ve entered the Nou Camp with a QR code on my phone. In fact here it is because I’m too lazy to delete anything 

C510D773-7577-4804-8DC1-A540CDBB083D.png

Edited by Zorro

32 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Just because it didnt happen with a paper ticket syesem doesn't mean that tge new system is the problem. Huns wrongly thought it would be easy to copy and reuse qr codes. Opportunisic and aggressive behaviour led to gates being opened and rushed. At which point the game should have been postponed delayed whilst the fans responsible were delt with. 

Responsibility lies purly with those wgo carried said acts out and whith those who continually whitewash and allow such behaviour to go unpunished. 

This is just another manifestation of wildly bad behaviour by an entitled and moly coddled group of pretty nasty people. Everytime we play them they find another way of acting atrociously no matter what new measures the club put in place. Without adequate punishment this will continue. 

Im sorry about the thick comment and I retract that. But to place any blame for this on anything  (i.e the ticketing system not working) other than bad behaviour and subsequent poor policing is just wrong. 

I dont disagree with you at all and was in no way condoning their behaviour as the fault lies 100% with them but I do think that their misplaced belief that the system could be abused was a key factor in what happened.
The problem now is that in their eyes their behaviour was rewarded in that some of them without tickets got into the ground. Thats not really going to discourage them from attempting the same thing elsewhere.

there was long Q's for our home CQN nomads game close to Kick off ---- few annoyed fans but none who behaved in any abnormal manner  -- Stewards were asked to keep folk in lines --- fans did the sensible thing and waited in different Q's not forwarding en masse or creating problems 

then again we scored numerous late goals last season -- and did not invade pitches - jump on roofs.   or think its ok to run length of pitch to take selfies .......

along with the inhuman behaviour serious questions must also be asked of the Policing ----- and lack of action 

41 minutes ago, Waverley said:

There were 4 mounted police at Rugby Rd, 2 of them yards from the gate that was forced! They had a perfect view of what was happening and they could have called for support for the stewards at the gate, while moving the fans away from the entrance. The fact that they did neither suggests that the horse’s intelligence was higher than that of the mounted police!

Mounted police do f**k all apart from leaving s**te everywhere.

I know of guys who were there with NO ticket whatsoever and were chancing it.

You only have to listen to the shouts as the come through the gate, not exactly the shouts of a crush victim.

"Yasss, Get it up ye" and " thats what im talking aboot" Cleary mentioned.

These fans are animals, I fear the worst also when celtic come to town.

Also, What's the point in mounted police? They could easily have pushed fans back.

I have total faith that all of the events that unfolded yesterday were not the fault of our club or supporters.  They are complete scum. 

However, would it be a blessing in disguise if our club are (inexplicably!) punished for the events?  If we are being held responsible for the misbehavior of opposition supporters, then the club will be forced to take further action.

I would:

1) Reduce them to the absolute bare minimum allocation we can and offer to progressively increase their allocation in future games if the show that they can behave themselves (never offering more than the Chadwick of course).

2) Charge an absolutely scandalous amount of money to come and watch the game.  I'm aware that there was/is a rule that stops clubs from charging away supporters more than home supporters for an equivalent view/matchday experience.  However, it will quite clearly cost Kilmarnock more to police, steward, investigate a group of supporters who have a long history of unacceptable behavior than it does to police our Moffat Family Stand!  Why shouldn't we be allowed to reflect this with different (extortionate!) ticket prices?

3) I appreciate doing anything in my first two points would result in more of the bigots making their way into the home ends, therefore I would ban anyone wearing Rangers/Celtic colours from entering the car park/hotel area of rugby park on matchdays.  Enter/Exit the Chadwick stand via rugby road only.  No access via dundonald road.  No access to the area behind the main stand from rugby road.  No access to Rugby road without a valid ticket.

1 hour ago, cammy_boy said:

Once we have got the required evidence together id be suing them for liable as well as the stewarding company and police Scotland for failing in their duties to even attempt to keep the peace and maintaing an acceptable level of saftey at the ground. 

The clues are in the names. Doesn't sound like much stewarding was taking place and there was absolutely no policing whatever. 

14 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

That is just him trying to "balance things out" after he spent last night batting Molotov cocktails away from his front door for the comments he made yesterday. 

I assume he hasn’t seen the video of them illegally entering under the watch of the police.

How do QR codes get checked when they’re just being photographed? Mine was certainly not scanned, the guy in the booth just took a photo of it. I’ve no clue how this kinda thing works but it seems if there’s no centralised database which is dynamically linked to photos then this would be an easy system to circumvent?