Tickets - Betfred cup

GB1974

13 hours ago, casual observer said:

Too late again to make it look like anything other than an about face or afterthought. 

How is it too late? There was a call for a cash gate and they've relented and are going to use a cash gate. It won't affect anyone at all who wanted to pay in on the day, they can now pay in on the day. Again, how is it too late?

4 minutes ago, Dazza said:

How is it too late? There was a call for a cash gate and they've relented and are going to use a cash gate. It won't affect anyone at all who wanted to pay in on the day, they can now pay in on the day. Again, how is it too late?

The relenting bit is how it's too late

1 minute ago, Shug2930 said:

The relenting bit is how it's too late

It's not, we are moaning of the sake of moaning. Why pay a lot of money to install a new ticketing system to bring us into the modern era and then stick with the cash turnstiles that are fast becoming outmoded? Society is becoming cashless and if you don't move with the times you get left behind. Try dropping off someone in your car at Prestwick airport these days, all the emphasis is on cashless transactions and those stuck in the past have to leave their vehicles and go and pay at a machine somewhere else. If you don't keep moving you get left behind, and here we are criticising the club for trying to stay current and a doing a bit of long overdue future proofing. Short memories, don't you recall the chaos over tickets before? They went with the new system, they have made allowances for those who insist on using cash in plenty of time, this is Killie bashing at best and its sickening those who are having the biggest go are our own.

5 minutes ago, Dazza said:

It's not, we are moaning of the sake of moaning. Why pay a lot of money to install a new ticketing system to bring us into the modern era and then stick with the cash turnstiles that are fast becoming outmoded? Society is becoming cashless and if you don't move with the times you get left behind. Try dropping off someone in your car at Prestwick airport these days, all the emphasis is on cashless transactions and those stuck in the past have to leave their vehicles and go and pay at a machine somewhere else. If you don't keep moving you get left behind, and here we are criticising the club for trying to stay current and a doing a bit of long overdue future proofing. Short memories, don't you recall the chaos over tickets before? They went with the new system, they have made allowances for those who insist on using cash in plenty of time, this is Killie bashing at best and its sickening those who are having the biggest go are our own.

Informing your customers what you are going to do before you do it is the element which was missing from the process. That was the reason for the about turn. 

I've never understood the almost celebratory tone of some on here whenever the club make a bad decision and they give it the "I'll no be going" or "they're no getting ma money now" type nonsense. 

They made a bad call and have rectified it to suit everyone after receiving negative feedback, end of story. 

If this puts you off going on Saturday, you were likely never going in the first place and I can only assume are purely attention seeking. 

14 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Informing your customers what you are going to do before you do it is the element which was missing from the process. That was the reason for the about turn. 

They did inform people how to get tickets. It's a far easier method than ever before. There is no about turn, they have simply recognised that there is still a demand for a cash gate so they have now decided to make that happen FOUR DAYS prior to the match.

Pick pick pick pick - its life imitating art, we are turning into the most hard to please fans ever, just as the papers delight in calling us.

14 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I've never understood the almost celebratory tone of some on here whenever the club make a bad decision and they give it the "I'll no be going" or "they're no getting ma money now" type nonsense. 

They made a bad call and have rectified it to suit everyone after receiving negative feedback, end of story. 

If this puts you off going on Saturday, you were likely never going in the first place and I can only assume are purely attention seeking. 

I get what you are saying and agree, but what I can't agree with is that they made a bad call. Everyone knows there is a new ticketing system, if anyone doesn't know then they have been walking about with their eyes and ears covered for the last six months. They put the tickets on sale the way they are going to from here on in, via the TicketCo facility, then made a GOOD call to cater for the tumshies who insist we get stuck in the past and will only use cash.

Just now, Shortie said:

for those paying by cash if anything lets hope its like Hamilton on Saturday, guy at over 40 in front of me got in for a concession then mate behind me got in for £2

Let's hope we have lots of fans defrauding the club out of money?

And then we moan at lack of signings or selling off players cheaply.

Just now, Dazza said:

Let's hope we have lots of fans defrauding the club out of money?

And then we moan at lack of signings or selling off players cheaply.

for one or two fans a wee Brucey bonus might be the only thing that brightens things up. Not exactly talking large scale fraud here ffs

43 minutes ago, Dazza said:

I have no issues with Killie going to tickets only.

My issue is them doing so at the drop of a hat, not really communicating it and not even advertising the fact there were no cash turnstiles.

I bought mine online easy. I don't know if the old guys in their 80s that sit in front of me will have been on these forums to see there is no cash turnstiles.

That's my issue, it was poorly thought out.

You can't just jump from cash turnstiles one season, to none the next season without even advertising the fact.

That's not Killie bashing, it's Killie fans rightly pointing out that the club made a f**k up here. Let's face it, only reason we knew it was ticket only was due to a reply on Twitter.

Glad to see they've seen sense.

13 minutes ago, Dazza said:

then made a GOOD call to cater for the tumshies who insist we get stuck in the past and will only use cash.

Bit harsh, plenty of elderly folk don't 1) have internet and 2) have the access to buy tickets in advance.

Before the about turn on cash gates, these folk would have turned up on Saturday and not got in.

I'm not sure they are the tumshies TBH when we have a stadium 75% empty and making it harder than it should be to get in games and not even advertising the fact they have changed the methods of getting in!

It's not like we don't need somebody to man the gates even with the cashless idea, as it takes longer to get in with them scanning the tickets with a phone than it would be handing over a score!

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

so nothing wrong with a few Rangers fans holding gates open for their mates then.

where did I mention rangers fans holding gates open? It was a person on the Hamilton turnstile who made two mistakes.

Was merely mentioning that if that was to happen to one or two fans then they might get some extra cash for a few pint or something

bloody nora 

56 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

so people won't go because they only decided on cash gate 4 days before the match? 

No people will go. Me being one of them. But it was an afterthought. If you're going to change a practice you've relied on for years tell your customers well in advance. Explain why you're making the change. When you revert back after people complain it makes it look like you hadn't thought it through properly.

Again. Like a few other things this summer.

58 minutes ago, Dazza said:

Absolute bollocks. You're easily offended mate if this is Killie bashing.

No problem with online ticket sales. No problem with phasing out cash turnstiles. When you make a major change its usually decent business practice to communicate it properly. They didnt.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I have no issues with Killie going to tickets only.

My issue is them doing so at the drop of a hat, not really communicating it and not even advertising the fact there were no cash turnstiles.

I bought mine online easy. I don't know if the old guys in their 80s that sit in front of me will have been on these forums to see there is no cash turnstiles.

That's my issue, it was poorly thought out.

You can't just jump from cash turnstiles one season, to none the next season without even advertising the fact.

That's not Killie bashing, it's Killie fans rightly pointing out that the club made a f**k up here. Let's face it, only reason we knew it was ticket only was due to a reply on Twitter.

Glad to see they've seen sense.

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, Shug2930 said:

Absolute bollocks. You're easily offended mate if this is Killie bashing.

No problem with online ticket sales. No problem with phasing out cash turnstiles. When you make a major change its usually decent business practice to communicate it properly. They didnt.

I'm not easily offended otherwise I wouldn't reply to this nonsense.

Have you all been walking about like lemmings for the last six months? Do they have to put NEW TICKETING SYSTEM up in sky writing above matches? So someone is 80 and you assume they can't operate the internet or understand the new ticketing system? Going on your thought process they probably understand things a lot better than you. The only thing bollocks here is fans claiming that there was no notice we would be using a new ticketing system. You all go season ticket through it right? Thousands of us. Tickets for Nomads game? Thousands of us. No notice? Absolute bollocks.

The cash gate wasn't an afterthought, they shouldn't even have to use one as they've not made things more difficult to get in they have made it EASIER, it was instituted in response to some fans asking for a cash gate but it appears we can only view things from a negative perspective these days.

1 minute ago, Dazza said:

I'm not easily offended otherwise I wouldn't reply to this nonsense.

Have you all been walking about like lemmings for the last six months? Do they have to put NEW TICKETING SYSTEM up in sky writing above matches? So someone is 80 and you assume they can't operate the internet or understand the new ticketing system? Going on your thought process they probably understand things a lot better than you. The only thing bollocks here is fans claiming that there was no notice we would be using a new ticketing system. You all go season ticket through it right? Thousands of us. Tickets for Nomads game? Thousands of us. No notice? Absolute bollocks.

The cash gate wasn't an afterthought, they shouldn't even have to use one as they've not made things more difficult to get in they have made it EASIER, it was instituted in response to some fans asking for a cash gate but it appears we can only view things from a negative perspective these days.

Heads gone mate