Jordan jones (Multi merged topics)

1 hour ago, TLC said:

There are examples of players who appreciate what a club has done for them  signing contracts they will never fulfil to get in a bit more money (Naismith for one) but you are probably right in that this is a rarity.

No issue with players leaving for clubs who will offer them 3x their Killie wages but there is a way to go about it. Jones showed himself to be a complete tw*t to in how he conducted himself last season . 

He did I agree he made a mistake with his tweet or whatever he posted not the first person to do it and wont be the last.  Do we hate Clarke as he left us, or do we support him and want him to progress with his career. He's a much more experienced guy than jones and left us in Europe( jones also played a big part in that) and did it with dignity at the end as he's a classy guy. Still left us tho!!! Jones is a 25 year old hardly any life experience doesnt even look like he's started shaving yet I'm just on the side of giving him some slack. Done a good turn for killie was always great against the old firm. Wish he was playing against the Nomads that's for sure

6 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Big Boyd is a big dirty Hun!!!!! Do we only like certain ones now. 

Boyd may have caused controversy with some of his opinions especially as he was still playing but compared to Jones he knows when to act his age and not bow down to the sectarian bigotry.

3 hours ago, andy123 said:

I'd be glad to see him back. Folk booing him last season is madness. He's just trying to better himself and like it or not moving to rangers is a step up in terms of clubs. They are a big club just not a very good big club 

You’ve had a mare with this one mate.

Now Jake Hastie on loan, given how he was playing for Motherwell, I would certainly have a wee look at

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Your right Andy but think we’re in the minority. He did a great turn for us. Cost us nothing. Is a top talent that moved on to better things. He did not “ down tools”. He had a couple of quiet games after scoring aga8nst rangers and hearts and then was not selected - due to a shoulder injury according to Sc. I wish some others could have quiet games that jj used to have. Made a huge mistake with the tweet which obviously soured the relations. But a top talent and good luck to him.

I liked him but he blatantly downed tools.

Decent player - very skilful - but zero assists last season is not the work of a top talent.

Edited by NorfolkG

12 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

Boyd would never post a bigoted tweet like Jones did. Big man's got too much class.

aye but boyd is a good ten years older got his head screwed on. I know 25 is classed as older for a footballer but he is still a young immature lad. Did he not apologise for his tweet, and was injured for the last few games of the season 

2 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

.... He did not “ down tools”. He had a couple of quiet games after scoring aga8nst rangers and hearts and then was not selected - due to a shoulder injury according to Sc.....

I think that might have been a phantom injury, at least towards the end of the season. 

Didn’t stop him playing for NI on 21 and 24 March. His last Killie appearance was at Easter Road on 3 April.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think that might have been a phantom injury, at least towards the end of the season. 

Didn’t stop him playing for NI on 21 and 24 March. His last Killie appearance was at Easter Road on 3 April.

It was face-saving surgery to allow SC to drop him with dignity.

20 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think you are right.  Be surprised if he had refused to play - “down tools”- though. Assumed that given the hostility that existed, it was better For all parties that he stayed on the sidelines.

23 minutes ago, skygod said:

Imagine Clarke lying to us then!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I think you are right.  Be surprised if he had refused to play - “down tools”- though. Assumed that given the hostility that existed, it was better For all parties that he stayed on the sidelines.

He was absolutely dog s**t when he did play. The game at Easter Rd he was a complete embarrassment. He had absolutely downed tools. He might not have refused to play, but he'd have been better not playing.

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

He was absolutely dog s**t when he did play. The game at Easter Rd he was a complete embarrassment. He had absolutely downed tools. He might not have refused to play, but he'd have been better not playing.

Complete nonsense. He had a poor game. Killie fans all over him. Confidence went. But people will see what they want to see. Always on a hiding to nothing after HIS mistake. 

8 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

He didn’t refuse to play; he just didn’t try a stitch. And that was the time SC needed him. We were winless in 5 and he needed people doing a shift for him.

10 hours ago, andy123 said:

He did I agree he made a mistake with his tweet or whatever he posted not the first person to do it and wont be the last.  Do we hate Clarke as he left us, or do we support him and want him to progress with his career. He's a much more experienced guy than jones and left us in Europe( jones also played a big part in that) and did it with dignity at the end as he's a classy guy. Still left us tho!!! Jones is a 25 year old hardly any life experience doesnt even look like he's started shaving yet I'm just on the side of giving him some slack. Done a good turn for killie was always great against the old firm. Wish he was playing against the Nomads that's for sure

Are you one of his pals, it sure sounds like it. I’m sorry the way he went about his move is unforgivable and saying he didn’t down tools?  Did you see him against St Midden. 

The final nail in the JJ coffin was going through with the boy on the bus to Easter Road on a Wednesday night and witnessing a completely inept performance before JJ pretended to be injured and went up the tunnel without acknowledging the away support. 

If anyone thinks he was remotely interested towards the end of his time at the club then they are only kidding themselves on. 

Edited by Bullitt

41 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

The final nail in the JJ coffin was going through with the boy on the bus to Easter Road on a Wednesday night and witnessing a completely inept performance before JJ pretended to be injured and went up the tunnel without acknowledging the away support. 

If anyone thinks he was remotely interested towards the end of his time at the club then they are only kidding themselves on. 

This done it for me too. Missing a one-on-one at a crucial point and then completely chucked it. Couldn’t even run past old David Gray and feigned a pull of the hamstring. Walking down the tunnel unforgivable. We’ve lost, and will lose, better players than him so time to move on.

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

he just didn’t try a stitch

You don’t get the psychology of every killie fan ( your own fans) watching every run, tackle, dribble and taking a negative view....how easy is that in terms of work environment? It was self inflicted and I have no issue with killie fans feeling let down...but to confuse “ not trying” with being in an impossible position to succeed are two different things. And in jj case it was 100% the latter.

2 hours ago, Garvis said:

Are you one of his pals, it sure sounds like it. I’m sorry the way he went about his move is unforgivable and saying he didn’t down tools?  Did you see him against St Midden. 

I suspect there's a couple of sevco  curious posters on this forum. Always willing to subtlety defend the red white and blue scum. They know who they are. 

15 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

I suspect there's a couple of sevco  curious posters on this forum. Always willing to subtlety defend the red white and blue scum. They know who they are. 

I’ll give you the benefit of doubt that you are not referring to me in that post. Just your comment could be linked to the earlier post I made regarding former Kilmarnock player Jordan jones. Hypothetically, assuming for one second there is a connection, why would my defence of this player - when playing for the team that most, seems some on here don’t by all accounts, support be see as a pro rangers comment. Whilst we may disagree on the talents of jj and whether his heart was fully in it in the 2 games he featured in after he scored against hearts, only a total and complete utter twat could construe this as a pro rangers comment. But as this is not directed at me, all is well.