150th Anniversary Badge

kildog

I am honestly loving the new badge. 

Such a shame we couldn't get it on the front of the kit for this season. 

What are chances of having it replace the current badge? 

"150 YEARS" swapped for "CONFIDEMUS" job done. 

The squirrels could be left for future 'accents' or adornments, or not. 

Time for change? 

What do folk think? 

22 minutes ago, kildog said:

I am honestly loving the new badge. 

Such a shame we couldn't get it on the front of the kit for this season. 

What are chances of having it replace the current badge? 

"150 YEARS" swapped for "CONFIDEMUS" job done. 

The squirrels could be left for future 'accents' or adornments, or not. 

Time for change? 

What do folk think? 

just get a tattoo on your forehead mate!

I agree with @18yardhero. I'd always wanted the 150th badge to just be the ball and hand, but club made it busier and the 150th logo is what we ended up with. My avatar is the badge from the 1879 shirt. Below is the final version I sent to the club.

eOXmyJZ.png

The coat of arms is already our badge technically. We currently use the crest (technical name for the part above the shield) as our badge at the moment but the whole thing is what we have registered with the Lord Lyon.

SbFAInq.png

Here's an update I did to the current crest. Same idea as what we do now, it's the crest from the top of the redesigned coat of arms. It has been on the windows of the shop for a couple of years now. I got told that was @Al#1's fault. 

I7dDxeM.png

• 7 months later...
12 minutes ago, Lroy said:

Here's the original.

bWbvmiR.png

Never said anything at the time because I didn't want to be negative but now the anniversary is all but past...I don't like it, it's far too busy. All three of the logos on the @Lroy post above from August are better...we should've gone with the ball and hand alone for this years top. Just my opinion of course. For the record I don't like our current crest either, and I produced the first digital version of it for the club website back in the day.

36 minutes ago, baz said:

Never said anything at the time because I didn't want to be negative but now the anniversary is all but past...I don't like it, it's far too busy. All three of the logos on the @Lroy post above from August are better...we should've gone with the ball and hand alone for this years top. Just my opinion of course. For the record I don't like our current crest either, and I produced the first digital version of it for the club website back in the day.

The coat of arms crest designed by Lroy would have been my choice, but I can see why the Board wanted the 150th crest to resemble the original company logo. 
My biggest bugbear is the normal crest on the 150th kits.

2 hours ago, baz said:

I said the same when it came out ... too many elements to it.  First thing to go would be the text ring .