Dom Thomas

Geronimo

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Destine for relegation? Wise up.

We'll be nowhere near relegation zone come May.

Really? Clueless board, clueless manager playing a system which doesn't suit many of our current squad and no indication that we're going to sign the kind of quality of player Alessio needs to play his way. Destined for the drops probably too strong but we'll be down there battling.

6 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

Really? Clueless board, clueless manager playing a system which doesn't suit many of our current squad and no indication that we're going to sign the kind of quality of player Alessio needs to play his way. Destined for the drops probably too strong but we'll be down there battling.

I doubt we will be even close to battling the drop. 

13 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

You just letting the players off with their share of the blame?

4 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

Not entirely but they're clearly struggling to play a new system for whatever reason. They haven't just become a bad team over the summer.

The two goals conceded on Saturday were not related to the system. It was a culmination of individual errors and experienced pros forgetting how to tackle. 

9 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

They haven't just become a bad team over the summer.

It appears they have, too many of them think they are world beaters, however I’m sure the “fans” predicting relegation after two games will be back with the KTID moniker firmly in place when things sort themselves out.

1 hour ago, Blackislekillie said:

Really? What system was it that didn’t suit on Saturday? What was the formation they played? 

Clueless board? Currently in the best financial position the clubs been in for decades but yeah you’re right, total mugs.

15 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

Alessio has openly said, he would be daft to massively change the way we play, until he has the players

Please tell me what you think was much different from the way Clarke set up against Hamilton, apart from players not creating enough chances from the vast amount of possession and also making defensive errors

I saw the  same back four playing in usual way with 2 full backs getting forward at every opportunity

Dicker and Power sitting as normal

McKenzie in for Mulumbu, started wide, with Millar through middle, then quickly reverted to middle with Millar on wing

Burke on right and Brophy on his own, as he mainly has been since Stewart left

No great system change evident to me

This.

If and i know its a big & unlikely if we had the same start to the season under Clarke there wouldn't be anywhere near the level of hysteria we are seeing now.

That's because there was complete trust in Clarke which AA hasn't earned yet.  But it's only been 4 games.  It was always going to be difficult for the manager because of the bar being left set so high from last season, contrast to when SSC took over we couldn't get any lower & the immediate improvements were clear.

Take the 3-0 home defeat to Hibs.  Under AA would we get the same reaction to the same performance & result?

Liked the cut of Dom Thomas's cloth when he came on on Saturday, he appeared to be a bit gallus.  Telling SOD he would take the throw in near Hamiltons 18 yard box and indicating SOD should remain in a defensive position (he was overruled) looked a sensible decision as we were in extra time.  Perhaps we need a bit more of the impetuosity of youth in the team and try and do things a bit different.  Think it is time we gave him the nod before some regular starters, who in my opinion need to reboot their computers and adjust to the fact that Steve Clarke has moved on.

DT made 26 appearances for Dumbarton and scored 14 goals. Even given the standard of opposition, that's a decent return. I liked his patter in his post-Hamilton interview; it does no harm for a player of his age to be gallus and cocky. We could do with some more of that. There are enough Sad Sacks on this forum without the players joining in the glumfest.

Gallus is the word. Needs a run and a bit of time and he will come good I reckon. He quite clearly has good natural ability especially crossing and dropping shoulder. Some of his goals at Dumbarton were unbelievable. Think he’s been tarred with the brush of bad attitude and full of carry on. Looks to have matured on the pitch at least.

Watched Thomas when he came on for the last half hour, in the Motherwell friendly

I know it was Motherwell development and fringe players, but Thomas looked very sharp

Scored a goal and laid on one, with a perfect cross for Cameron to nod in

Also had a few decent crosses, in his late show as a sub at Hamilton

There is definitely a spark about him, as shown again on Saturday

If no new forwards appear before the weekend , I would be tempted to play him on right wing and try Burke as a number 10  for a bit of creativity from the middle of the park

• 2 weeks later...