Trusting angelo

Killietillidieu84

Do we as a support believe that angelo can be trusted to being in any decent players as the signings so far have been players who we had previously and a goalkeeper who he already knew of. I dont have any confidence that he could spot player playing in front of him. He says the same things in his interviews we will train hard the warm up today a thought we were late out for it for a start the goalies looked like the had no idea what was happening translation problems. The rest looked bit disjointed and rushed. Any thoughts??

Edited by Killietillidieu84

Just now, Killietillidieu84 said:

Do we as a support believe that angelo can be trusted to being in any decent players as the signings so far have been players who we had previously and a goalkeeper who he already knew of. I dont have any confidence that he could spot player playing in front of him. He says the same things in his interviews we will train hard the warm up today a thought we were late out for it for a start the goalies looked like the had no idea what was happening translation problems. The rest looked bit disjointed and rushed. Any thoughts??

4 minutes ago, andy123 said:

I lost faith after our euro embarrassment. didnt think it could get worse, but Hamilton 2 nil with 10men it did. 

But our chairman said we had appointed the best manager in scotland

Under Clarke our warmups were shorter but more intense than anyone else in the league. Only thing I noticed today was the keepers weren’t out as long. It looked like Dyer was putting them through the same outfield warm up today as it was last season. 

In terms of signings. I’m still of the opinion he’s looking in the wrong places. We all want to improve the squad but my concern is he’s aiming to high and that’s why we are coming up short. They are only rumours some of the names mentioned but the other clubs linked we are not in any sort of position to compete with. Will he get it right who knows. We all thought McCulloch had cocked up in the summer window but two years down the line the bulk of those signing finished third albeit they are propping up the table again now. 

12 minutes ago, skygod said:

I'm sure he's a very good coach in the right environment but I don't have confidence in him as a manager at our level.

I'd love to see a video of his interview because I think the two parties are totally unsuited. We need an experienced, hands-on gaffer who knows the transfer market inside out, with lots of contacts. We are an unpretentious provincial Scottish club, a million miles away from Juve, Chelsea and Italy.

The board was spoiled with SC who probably helped them out a lot on footballing matters and had the team flying along. For whatever reason, they opted for a high-risk replacement who is used to working with armies of support staff. They probably thought success would continue unabated and a relationship could be built but things like the CEO and chief scout resigning haven't helped.

It's no time to panic. A cool assessment of where the club wants to go needs to be made, starting with the appointment of the Football Executive. If AA is going to be given time, it might need further investment in resources to support him.

He needs to get some quality players in quickly and to build his own team. If that means players leaving, so be it. Most of all, he needs to show some signs that the hard work done by SC in elevating the club's status on the pitch will not be undone. 

Agree with this.

In Clarke leaving we have lost a good manager who was also doing the job of a Football Director as well by default due to his experience and the clubs lack of it.

In effect, a double whammy of a loss.

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

But our chairman said we had appointed the best manager in scotland

Bowie has made a few silly comments in the media, starting with the one about It being possible for Killie to win the league.

Stating that Alessio was the best manager in Scotland just set himself up for a fall. 

7 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Agree with this.

In Clarke leaving we have lost a good manager who was also doing the job of a Football Director as well by default due to his experience and the clubs lack of it.

In effect, a double whammy of a loss.

I agree. In many respects by doing so much SC has set the club back a number of years. He alluded to it in his departure speech by saying that BB was the  best Chairman ever.Of course what he meant by that was BB allowed him to do anything he pleased to do on behalf of the team. SC had an army of people working on his behalf some of whom I understand were paid by SC personally. If he had truly wanted to create a legacy for KFC then SC would have created permanent positions for the benefit of the club for years to come. Was a great 18 months though wasn't it?

28 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

I agree. In many respects by doing so much SC has set the club back a number of years. He alluded to it in his departure speech by saying that BB was the  best Chairman ever.Of course what he meant by that was BB allowed him to do anything he pleased to do on behalf of the team. SC had an army of people working on his behalf some of whom I understand were paid by SC personally. If he had truly wanted to create a legacy for KFC then SC would have created permanent positions for the benefit of the club for years to come. Was a great 18 months though wasn't it?

An army? Bollocks. Paid for by Clarke? Bigger bollocks.

Brought in Dyer and someone to help scout players. Both remained after he left. Alex still here.

The next 6 games take us to the end of September

Hamilton (h) LC

Aberdeen (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hibs (h)

Celtic (a)

Ross County (h)

If (and I pray it's not the case) that we are still winless we could be out the cup and being cut adrift at the bottom  surely then would be the time to cut our losses but hopefully things will be looking much rosier by then?

1 minute ago, killieinkirkie said:

The next 6 games take us to the end of September

Hamilton (h) LC

Aberdeen (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Hibs (h)

Celtic (a)

Ross County (h)

If (and I pray it's not the case) that we are still winless we could be out the cup and being cut adrift at the bottom  surely then would be the time to cut our losses but hopefully things will be looking much rosier by then?

That's the time scale for me. End of the transfer window and those six games. 

We still don't really have a sample size of games to properly judge. 

And he needs signings. 

The Rangers performance was very good. 

Yesterday appears was not. But Accies are a weird team who pull these results out and frustrate the best of managers. They best Aberdeen and Hearts last season with identical performances. 

We've seen some proper shambles in the last few years. We looked completely clueless and directionless in many games under McCulloch and Johnston in a way I don't think we yet have under Alessio. Ineffective but not hopeless. 

It's not a time to panic but at the back of our minds we've all seen the Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle, Hibernian seasons where coming off of a successful season they fall off a cliff due to loss of player confidence and just never getting out of a rut ending up in relegation. 

AA may come good and there are encouraging signs. My worry is the comedy defending for the goals we lose.. Would never happen under Steve Clarke and also the panic /heads going down of the players when we have a setback. This would not have happened last year and was arguably our biggest strength. 

Honeymoon period starting to go now and we very likely could have no points come the end of the Aberdeen game. The media will be heaping the pressure on AA with the Tom English's, Jim Duffys of the World being negative meaning our game v St Johnstone becomes a six pointer and maybe a point where if we lose AAs position is under serious threat. Lee McCulloch walked just after our 5th game. 

1 minute ago, Merk said:

I was unenthused by his appointment, and everything since has built on that. Personally I’d have gave him jotters at 10pm on the evening of the Euro humiliation. Talk of giving him 10 games/till Xmas is crazy IMO.

So do we only give the next guy 3 or 4 league games as well? And the guy after that? 

I can't believe that in 2019 we're in a position where we think giving a new manager 10 games is a crazy idea. 

1 minute ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

So do we only give the next guy 3 or 4 league games as well? And the guy after that? 

I can't believe that in 2019 we're in a position where we think giving a new manager 10 games is a crazy idea. 

Familiar with “in my opinion”? It’s just that, my opinion.

I can’t believe that in 2019 sacking a boss for looking inept after a few games is a crazy idea.

Just now, Merk said:

Familiar with “in my opinion”? It’s just that, my opinion.

I can’t believe that in 2019 sacking a boss for looking inept after a few games is a crazy idea.

I get that it's your opinion, I never said anything to suggest otherwise. I'm just asking if the same will go for every manager from now on, 3-4 games and they're off? 

8 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I get that it's your opinion, I never said anything to suggest otherwise. I'm just asking if the same will go for every manager from now on, 3-4 games and they're off? 

Do you see anything that inspires confidence?