Alex Dyer [False]

Cass316

If so that is a huge loss and a f**king balls up by the club. A very popular figure and acknowledged by SC as vital.

What the f**k is going on?

Yesterday AD was out with the players at the start, he was the one getting instructions over at the sideline. If we have let his go it’s a disgrace.

Edited by NorfolkG

2 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Can understand that, if AA and Donati are in agreement and Alex Dyer isn't then it isn't going to work. AA has to be his own man, whether he fails or succeeds. Sad to see him go, maybe would have been the better choice instead of AA.

If AA can’t use a very capable, very popular member of staff then that is poor management imo. You use the tools you have as best you can.

If AD has gone, at least he got that brilliant, deserved reception yesterday.

I am starting to worry about the state we are in. Not whether Dom Thomas comes in for Rory McKenzie but the fact that the whole place seems to falling apart, from kits to management team.

No CEO, no scout, minimal transfers, tiny squad, no chairman, manager with little experience. FFS.

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

If AA can’t use a very capable, very popular member of staff then that is poor management imo. You use the tools you have as best you can.

Under a previous regime. Whether we should have tried for a straight replacement for Clarke is another debate. We didn’t go down that route and we don’t know if Dyer is a positive or negative influence on what AA is trying to do. 

Just now, piffer said:

Under a previous regime. Whether we should have tried for a straight replacement for Clarke is another debate. We didn’t go down that route and we don’t know if Dyer is a positive or negative influence on what AA is trying to do. 

Absolutely. We don’t know. But a staff member so valued by the players - even if a malevolent force - should have been kept onside. 

Just now, NorfolkG said:

Absolutely. We don’t know. But a staff member so valued by the players - even if a malevolent force - should have been kept onside. 

Not if his presence keeps the players thinking back to what was done previously and stops them buying into the new ideas.

I don’t think Dyer would be like that but it is possible

Just now, piffer said:

Not if his presence keeps the players thinking back to what was done previously and stops them buying into the new ideas.

I don’t think Dyer would be like that but it is possible

I don’t think he would either. I think he’d be a tonic to comment after comment after comment about the squad not being good enough.

From day one I have said that AA has phenomenal coaching credentials. But management is a different game and he has shown not very much to convince me he can do this job.