Alex Dyer [False]

Cass316

Also heard this last week before the Rangers game, that he had resigned but billy Bowie had persuaded him to stay because he wants him about the club as billy Bowie feels close to him as he is the middle man that the players trust and Bowie trusts.  Also heard at the same time that Alessio has been given until the cup game to turn it around and if not he would be gone and Dyer would be given the job. Apparently Stevie Clarke had told Bowie to give the job to dyer at the time but don’t know if Dyer turned it down or was never offered it, and the reason SSC hasn’t spoken to Alessio is because the treatment of Dyer by him, also apparently Kris Boyd is helping out in the background with the youths on an unpaid voluntary basis which Bowie is keen to continue. 

Dont know how much truth is in what we were told but no reason to disbelieve it as it came from a source who works at the club. 

Suppose we will find out soon enough 

5 minutes ago, Killie61 said:

Also heard this last week before the Rangers game, that he had resigned but billy Bowie had persuaded him to stay because he wants him about the club as billy Bowie feels close to him as he is the middle man that the players trust and Bowie trusts.  Also heard at the same time that Alessio has been given until the cup game to turn it around and if not he would be gone and Dyer would be given the job. Apparently Stevie Clarke had told Bowie to give the job to dyer at the time but don’t know if Dyer turned it down or was never offered it, and the reason SSC hasn’t spoken to Alessio is because the treatment of Dyer by him, also apparently Kris Boyd is helping out in the background with the youths on an unpaid voluntary basis which Bowie is keen to continue. 

Dont know how much truth is in what we were told but no reason to disbelieve it as it came from a source who works at the club. 

A5D91F0F-AC2B-45D4-9205-454A69309936.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Killie61 said:

I'm rolling about the floor laughing at this.

How long before the schools go back?

Just now, kfc_superteam said:

Usually if people are hearing this from multiple sources it will be true!

I agree but I think the silence from the club has been deafening over the past number of weeks. A strong statement admitting the current issues and demonstrating a plan to resolve said issues is needed.

Just now, Jmac37 said:

I agree but I think the silence from the club has been deafening over the past number of weeks. A strong statement admitting the current issues and demonstrating a plan to resolve said issues is needed.

You mean like the club captain quashing all the rumours in an interview? Or do you want club directors on the TV answering every stupid rumour concocted by eight year olds on facebook and twitter?

Just now, rb_506 said:

You mean like the club captain quashing all the rumours in an interview? Or do you want club directors on the TV answering every stupid rumour concocted by eight year olds on facebook and twitter?

The board didn’t fully explain the ticket allocation fiasco thought process. The statement about the CEO leaving was perplexing in brevity. Some basic clarification about how we identify possible transfers would be nice - I’d like to be reassured that we aren’t just allowing agents to send us injured unwanteds.

We don’t need constant clarification on every tiny rumour but there are some hugely important areas which absolutely need clarification.

Just now, rb_506 said:

No but as a shareholder of any company I would expect the Chairman of the Board to provide some detail on the strategic direction of the company. Results on the park will always be cyclical to some extent but I'm increasingly concerned with the lack of structure behind the scenes. 

I can't understand why there's been comments on hear saying give Dyer the job. Based on what? 

He's a glorified PE teacher who has managed a few Sunday league teams down South. Yes, him & Clarke struck up a great partnership and worked the wonders but do you not think like what he did with our players last season, Clarke also had a positive influence on the coaching staff - making them look better than they actually are?

Perhaps Dyer is now exposed because he's not really a coach or tactician and hes frustrated that he doesn't have Clarke in his ear feeding him lines. I always felt that he was the muscle to Clarke's intelligence.   

From what I've seen so far this season he is forcing situations and showing a side which we didn't see under Clarke. I think Clarke would have quickly put him in his place if he was to have any sideline strops. Should he remain he has to understand that he is an assistant (or whatever his title is) who works for the manager.  

Thanks for the ride and memories Alex but its time to go.  Should have left on a high with the grace and class that Clarke showed.       

2 minutes ago, Specs said:

I can't understand why there's been comments on hear saying give Dyer the job. Based on what? 

He's a glorified PE teacher who has managed a few Sunday league teams down South. Yes, him & Clarke struck up a great partnership and worked the wonders but do you not think like what he did with our players last season, Clarke also had a positive influence on the coaching staff - making them look better than they actually are?

Perhaps Dyer is now exposed because he's not really a coach or tactician and hes frustrated that he doesn't have Clarke in his ear feeding him lines. I always felt that he was the muscle to Clarke's intelligence.   

From what I've seen so far this season he is forcing situations and showing a side which we didn't see under Clarke. I think Clarke would have quickly put him in his place if he was to have any sideline strops. Should he remain he has to understand that he is an assistant (or whatever his title is) who works for the manager.  

Thanks for the ride and memories Alex but its time to go.  Should have left on a high with the grace and class that Clarke showed.       

Or maybe he's got a better understanding of the players mindsets as well as their strengths and weaknesses. 

I'd judge the board more harshly than Alessio. As custodians of our club to take us from the highs of the last 2'seasons to where we are now is cluster f**king of the highest order. The lack of preparation for the season is woeful. Playing matters aside, communication has been non existent and our 150th year appears to mean nothing to them. Bad times ahead I fear, as I get the feeling the board don't actually give a f**k.

3 minutes ago, Specs said:

Wow. Quite an incredible disrespect and lack of gratitude.

You have made some very specific comments about Alex Dyer’s lack of ability and professionalism. What knowledge do you have to support this? Not gut instinct but fact.

13 minutes ago, Specs said:

I've read (and written) some pish on kickback but this is a belter.

Edited by Blackislekillie
Accuracy

2 minutes ago, Specs said:

He's a glorified PE teacher who has managed a few Sunday league teams down South.

Good enough to have been assistant manager at Charlton Athletic and Huddersfield Town.

"Glorified PE teacher" is some disrespect for someone who has spent his whole career in pro football (apart from a short spell as a PE teacher, of course!).

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Wow. Quite an incredible disrespect and lack of gratitude.

You have made some very specific comments about Alex Dyer’s lack of ability and professionalism. What knowledge do you have to support this? Not gut instinct but fact.

Sorry, and not aimed at anything you have posted previously , but the irony in the above is strong

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Good enough to have been assistant manager at Charlton Athletic and Huddersfield Town.

"Glorified PE teacher" is some disrespect for someone who has spent his whole career in pro football (apart from a short spell as a PE teacher, of course!).

Yes, I am aware that he's been an assistant at those clubs - I was more specifically referring to his spells as a manager. And look what happened when he was assistant Deja Vu springs to mind! 

14 minutes ago, Specs said:

F@@king space cadet