Signings this week

ki11ie

different day same comments ----think AA will be getting a tad frustrated with it all by now -- can but hope the signings appear before too long..

wonder if AA and others are having "same conversations" about signing targets that goes on on these forums ....................

It's really frustrating. I understand there have been difficulties, new manager etc, but to get this far into the season without addressing key areas is getting into the negligence area for sure. 

Still time for lots to happen, but the inquest into this summer will be interesting if we ever get the full info. 

Just extremely bored of this now. English window is long since closed. Didn't make a bit of difference. We don't seem to be any closer to addressing the key areas of the team that need improved. 

Think we'll get one or two in just to swell numbers but not expecting anything more than bodies as back up. No confidence at all in our current recruitment process. Luckily we still have some good players at the club who will likely see us have a solid if unspectacular season. 

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

We still have scouts working for us, although agreed it's not as extensive as it was.

Yeah I’d hope so. But these guys have been looking at suitable boys to come in for months. Although I like Alessio wanting to be his own man it seems mental to dismiss the scouting teams advice to the point where they are that pissed off the chuck it. 

In my opinion all clubs should have transfer window that stops before the first game of the season. 

1 hour ago, kerrwmorton said:

Am I reading too much into the comment that we need to complete the squad by signing a centre back.

Either this means we’ve got a couple of strikers and attacking midfielder lined up or we’ve totally lost the plot!

He probably just means add to the squad.

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Yeah I’d hope so. But these guys have been looking at suitable boys to come in for months. Although I like Alessio wanting to be his own man it seems mental to dismiss the scouting teams advice to the point where they are that pissed off the chuck it. 

In my opinion all clubs should have transfer window that stops before the first game of the season. 

Completely impractical imo, our league is one of the earliest to kick off which would leave us vulnerable to players being poached by clubs from down south and throughout Europe. 

We do have a decent defensive setup but that's it. You need an attacking threat or we're only going one way. Unless we make three or four quality attacking options we will be lucky to finish above 8th if not fighting relegation. You have to hope the signings are coming but the longer it goes with the same statements from the manager and no conclusion to these conversations it makes you concerned. I don't blame AA, he's a coach, modern football clubs have scouts and recommend players to the manager. We do not and our lack of structure behind the scenes may ultimately cost us. It seems every club..except St Johnstone have targets identified and are tying up business. How St Mirren are in a better financial state than us and can pay a fee is beyond me. 

10 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

As a support we are all frustrated by the lack of signings as we want to build on last year but we need to be careful that we don’t simply sign players just for the sake of it. The reverse is that we don’t sign players that could do a job for us but struggle as a result,

Alessio is on a hiding to nothing given that as a support our expectations have been raised and he is being measured against a higher bar. 

If you look at the norm over the last ten years our performances under Clarke are above trend. Our aim even under Clarke was to avoid relegation but some fans ambition is for us to be 3rd.

There were criticism on Saturday because we hadn’t scored against Hamilton but we controlled the vast majority of the game. What more could you reasonably expect the manager to do with the players available? 

No point in getting on the players or managers back as that isn’t in the definition of supporting. 

Edited by MarkyMark

The word is Celtic have made 1 million bid for Taylor . If Bowie and the board let this happen they have sold the Killie fans short. He would be going to replace a 3 million player the board should be asking 4 million. Motherwell put a price on a player and stuck with it Teams just seem to bend over for the old firm and get shafted 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

The word is Celtic have made 1 million bid for Taylor . If Bowie and the board let this happen they have sold the Killie fans short. He would be going to replace a 3 million player the board should be asking 4 million. Motherwell put a price on a player and stuck with it Teams just seem to bend over for the old firm and get shafted 

We will not sell for £1 million

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

GT is staying.