Signings this week

ki11ie

57 minutes ago, Alex said:

The word is Celtic have made 1 million bid for Taylor . If Bowie and the board let this happen they have sold the Killie fans short. He would be going to replace a 3 million player the board should be asking 4 million. Motherwell put a price on a player and stuck with it Teams just seem to bend over for the old firm and get shafted 

Don't believe everything you read online Alex. 

1 hour ago, MarkyMark said:

As a support we are all frustrated by the lack of signings as we want to build on last year but we need to be careful that we don’t simply sign players just for the sake of it. The reverse is that we don’t sign players that could do a job for us but struggle as a result,

Alessio is on a hiding to nothing given that as a support our expectations have been raised and he is being measured against a higher bar. 

If you look at the norm over the last ten years our performances under Clarke are above trend. Our aim even under Clarke was to avoid relegation but some fans ambition is for us to be 3rd.

There were criticism on daturday because we hadn’t scored against Hamilton but we controlled the vast majority of the game. What more could you reasonably expect the manager to do with the payers available? 

No point in getting on the players or managers back as that isn’t in the definition of supporting. 

If we leave it until 22:00 hrs on deadline day and have funds available for Greg Stewart on loan again, I'll be delighted. 

I really don't want to go down the Greg Stewart road again. We were over reliant on him last season and when he left we struggled for goals/a goal provider. I can't see us making the same impact on the league this season so drawing Sevco in either Cup competition (which we seem to do with alarming regularity) would mean our main goalscorer/provider would be missing. If we are going to take an attacking player on loan I would prefer they came from an English or foreign club. 

Is Taylor any less of a talent than Turnbull who was a 3mil fee? No. 3mil fair game for a guy of his age who has played 100 top flight games and breaking into national team (if it wasnt for Tierney and Robertson).

That said, WGAF - don't see this happening this window. Celtic have signed that bollingboliboligolligllolli. 

49 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I really don't want to go down the Greg Stewart road again. We were over reliant on him last season and when he left we struggled for goals/a goal provider. I can't see us making the same impact on the league this season so drawing Sevco in either Cup competition (which we seem to do with alarming regularity) would mean our main goalscorer/provider would be missing. If we are going to take an attacking player on loan I would prefer they came from an English or foreign club. 

Right now,  I would accept being over-reliant on one player.

That would imply that one attacking player is producing the goods, as opposed to our current pedestrian goal threat. 

If he misses four games a season due to a loan agreement, then it still leaves him available for the other thirty five, or thirty six if we don't make top six. 

3 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Heard from a good source today that AA has already got two strikers from Italy sorted. But we have to wait until their window closes, 

Who possible of two striker from Italy?

Doesn't out transfer window close at the same time as theirs?

Edited by Fairlight

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

We might do better in the transfer market if players and support staff would stop bitching about their new manager to all and sundry, including during games.

Here here, too many too keen to drag us down. If any player unhappy then they should just f**k off. I’d rather get relegated with a team full of triers than get dragged down by some of our prima donnas (eg SOD)