Signings this week

ki11ie

7 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Sorry, I mistook your comment as being noteworthy...my mistake

If you watch closely during the game he is constantly getting pelters  from the rest of the team for poor positioning and poor passes. Twice yesterday in first half Dicker had a go at him for not making a run up the wing. He gives the impression of protecting himself from Injury with his next transfer in mind. I also perceive him as thinking he’s better than he is but current performances would go against that.

Just my opinion of course.

Id be happy to see Millen get a run at RB

Edited by boydiesback

Just now, boydiesback said:

If you watch closely during the game he is constantly getting pellets from the rest of the team for poor positioning and poor passes. Twice yesterday in first half Dicker had a go at him for not making a run up the wing. He gives the impression of protecting himself from Injury with his next transfer in mind. I also perceive him as thinking he’s better than he is but current performances would go against that.

If you think Millen is even remotely at the level of O'Donnell then there's no hope for you.

I think the same about O'Donnell - in my view he seems to have distanced himself since he didn't get the touted move to Celtic in January. In saying that, players are human and some may be mor easily distracted than others whether by transfer speculation or personal issues. I would personally give McKenzie a run at right back in the interim.

1 minute ago, Jmac37 said:

I would personally give McKenzie a run at right back in the interim.

Jmac. I’m all for folks giving opinions, I am. But to suggest a squad midfield player at killie, albeit harshly maligned in some quarters, should replace Scotland’s right back who has scored our only goal from open play in the league this year, is - let’s be fair - controversial. MAybe sod has gone from a 9 out of 10 to a few 8s and 7s but the backlash against him is more about our perceptions of a players - as is his right - decision to look for better career opportunities for him and his family than a significant drop in SODs performNce. If we have 11 guys playing as well as SOD we will be top 4. Unfortunately, At the minute there are a few others that are not doing the business.

40 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Jmac. I’m all for folks giving opinions, I am. But to suggest a squad midfield player at killie, albeit harshly maligned in some quarters, should replace Scotland’s right back who has scored our only goal from open play in the league this year, is - let’s be fair - controversial. MAybe sod has gone from a 9 out of 10 to a few 8s and 7s but the backlash against him is more about our perceptions of a players - as is his right - decision to look for better career opportunities for him and his family than a significant drop in SODs performNce. If we have 11 guys playing as well as SOD we will be top 4. Unfortunately, At the minute there are a few others that are not doing the business.

I'm not entirely in disagreement but my general view is that especially since January he's been quite a bit below par and sometimes a short period out the tesm can help. I may be wrong and perhaps the poor form is down to tiredness after having played so many games without a break. I think the general issue at s club like Kilmarnock is that we don't always have great competition for places which means if a regular has a drop in form they can't be dropped/rested. I'm sure Brophy would have had a spell on ythe sidelines by now of we had a deeper squad.

1 minute ago, Jmac37 said:

I'm not entirely in disagreement but my general view is that especially since January he's been quite a bit below par and sometimes a short period out the tesm can help. I may be wrong and perhaps the poor form is down to tiredness after having played so many games without a break. I think the general issue at s club like Kilmarnock is that we don't always have great competition for places which means if a regular has a drop in form they can't be dropped/rested. I'm sure Brophy would have had a spell on ythe sidelines by now of we had a deeper squad.

Fair response. I wouldn’t drop SOD but certainly lack of a genuine competition for ones position not great. He’s also had the Scotland games which limited his rest over summer. I think he is a Great player at our level- an opinion - and proud we got a player with so many caps. Never dreamed of this growing up, or maybe dreamed. I believe I’ll look back in a few years and view some of the talent we’ve watched - and sometimes been unfairly critical of - like GT, JJ and SOD and reflect on a great period. He’ll get my full support as long as he’s wearing the shirt.

3 hours ago, boydiesback said:

If you watch closely during the game he is constantly getting pelters  from the rest of the team for poor positioning and poor passes. Twice yesterday in first half Dicker had a go at him for not making a run up the wing. He gives the impression of protecting himself from Injury with his next transfer in mind. I also perceive him as thinking he’s better than he is but current performances would go against that.

I hope he hasn't simply turned off in anticipation of an early move, but there is no doubt he is a shadow of the player performing for us last season. Sir Steve will convey his view when he names his next Scottish pool but I suggest Stephen gets his focus back on Killie time being.

SOD is one of our best players. Playing someone else at RB would just be voluntarily weakening ourselves. Not even something that should be remotely considered.

He had a poor spell early in the year after he came back from injury but he's a key player and an immediate first pick. Don't understand anyone who doesn't see how good a player he is for us.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

SOD is one of our best players. Playing someone else at RB would just be voluntarily weakening ourselves. Not even something that should be remotely considered.

He had a poor spell early in the year after he came back from injury but he's a key player and an immediate first pick. Don't understand anyone who doesn't see how good a player he is for us.

I think that Taylor is a better player than SOD, but we would miss SOD more than Taylor if he wasn't in the team. 

This might sound nonsensical, but with the system we play, left back is covered so well from midfield that a mediocre defender could get away with playing there.

SOD gives us an attacking threat that would be noticeably absent.

19 hours ago, boydiesback said:

Do you sniff glue before watching the matches or are you just clueless?!?