Kyle Lafferty [Contract Rejected]

C4mmy31

6 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Kyle Lafferty has revealed he is no closer to finding a new club after rejecting a deal to join Kilmarnock . 

The Northern Irishman is a free agent after being axed by Rangers . 

Lafferty held talks with Killie gaffer Angelo Alessio and No.2 Massimo Donati last week. 

And Lafferty told MailSport : “I spoke to the manager and Massimo. I looked at it because the manager said a lot of positive things about how he wants Kilmarnock to be this season. 

“He seems to know what he’s talking about, but unfortunately we couldn’t agree anything.

READ MORE

“I think he was looking at different things to what I was.

“But I wish them all the best.

Amen. 

We've dodged a bullet. 

7 hours ago, Punpun said:

I agree. He's probably after 2/3 years that he just won't find in Scotland. Be better moving to the MLS or something if he wants that.

I wonder if he'll get it at Tynecastle - Levein is panicking. 

I've said before, I've always really rated Lafferty and think he'd have been an excellent signing. It was goingto be a risk after the year he's just had - but nothing like the level some are making out. 

30 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Sad to see how many people are happy at missing out on a 15 goal a season striker, but will moan we can’t score goal. Very short sighted attitude. 

What 15 goal a season striker have we missed out on? Lafferty has never scored 15 league goals in a season in his career! 

6 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

He didn’t score 15 in the league did he? So my fact still stands. Don’t let the facts get in the way pal.

Oh I forgot we only want players who score in the league. He would have provided the goals we're badly missing but as long as you’re happy with Brophy leading the line for the rest of the season that’s all that matters. 

1 minute ago, Killiepie said:

Yeah that’s why we’re 2 weeks into the season no closer to finding a goal scorer. My issue is the expectation of the player some people on this forum seem to think we can attract/sign. 

Pining for the good old days of Lee Clark imo. 

7 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Daily Ranger saying we are in for Oli Shaw on loan

Oil Shaw is coming to us. Should be today or tomorrow it’s announced. That’ll appease the folk who want us to score goals, but don’t want a goal scorer... I think he averages about 7 a season. Not sure if they are all in the league or not as I know we don’t count cup goals apparently when producing an “argument”

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Oil Shaw is coming to us. Should be today or tomorrow it’s announced. That’ll appease the folk who want us to score goals, but don’t want a goal scorer... I think he averages about 7 a season. Not sure if they are all in the league or not as I know we don’t count cup goals apparently when producing an “argument”

I think you’re confusing people who want us to sign any players, with those of us willing to wait for the right players. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

I think you’re confusing people who want us to sign any players, with those of us willing to wait for the right players. 

And Oli Shaw doesn’t fall into any of those categories... but he’s an awful nice chap who you could introduce to your mum without her giving you a ticking off about who you associate with...

Just now, Killiepie said:

How would you describe the right player? 

Well, It’s easier to describe the types that set alarm bells ringing. Wrong side of thirty, sat on his arse all last season, poor trainer, questionable attitude, disloyal...are all red flags to me. So I suppose the opposite of that, although one or two of these things would be acceptable in the right circumstances.