Kyle Lafferty [Contract Rejected]

C4mmy31

25 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Oh I forgot we only want players who score in the league. He would have provided the goals we're badly missing but as long as you’re happy with Brophy leading the line for the rest of the season that’s all that matters. 

I’ve said on this thread previously I would have taken him. 

He obviously wants too much money and doesn’t really want to be here though, so move on to someone that does. As pointed out he’s hardly been prolific in his career in the past. 

14 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Oil Shaw is coming to us. Should be today or tomorrow it’s announced. That’ll appease the folk who want us to score goals, but don’t want a goal scorer... I think he averages about 7 a season. Not sure if they are all in the league or not as I know we don’t count cup goals apparently when producing an “argument”

Is this definite? 

I’m not a great fan of loaning a player from a club in the same division. Straight away he’s out for up to four league games. Possibly three cup ties as well depending how thing pan out. I know it’s not always possible but I’d rather a permanent deal. He comes to us and does well they get a decent player back or he attracts enough interest and they sell him on.

I haven’t seen too much of the boy. It seems he’s always been third choice striker at best with Hibs. The opportunity to play regularly could be the making of him.

I know they are like gold dust especially on our budget but even if we do sign Shaw I’d  like to see another more experienced striker with a decent track record. And we still need the creative spark. 

I’m glad we asked the question. If he said no, so be it. We move on.

I still feel a winger with real pace is important and a dynamic CM is key. These are the positions I’d like the real money spent. Cameron looks a good prospect for third choice and the striker we bring in should really be determined by the way we fill the other 2 positions.

I really don’t want us loaning someone from another SPL team unless they are a clear improvement.

Edited by NorfolkG

All this time you thought and hoped that the manager had identified targets and players to bring in. The delay would be that some would reject or some would be available later in the window. This may or may not have been the case initially but the reality is looking like the majority of players AA has tried to get have rejected us.. through wages mostly I would expect, likely the pitch will have put players off as well. 

We rejected the duds we had on trial fortunately but with players like Oli Shaw on loan it looks the quality of player we can expect is going to be average. The gems and the quality players not getting a game are clearly not interested in what we are offering. Obviously the loan market gives clubs the opportunity to bring in players temporarily who are way out of their league financially but all clubs in Scotland are doing it so is a necessity in order to compete. We did it well with Bachmann, Mulumbu and for half a season Stewart who were far above our level. 

The worry is the type of players we will likely bring in have us battling from 8th to 12th this year. It also looks like we are not that close to getting them. 

Edited by kfc_superteam

3 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

All this time you thought and hoped that the manager had identified targets and players to bring in. The delay would be that some would reject or some would be available later in the window. This may or may not have been the case initially but the reality is looking like the majority of players AA has tried to get have rejected us.. through wages mostly I would expect, likely the pitch will have put players off as well. 

We rejected the duds we had on trial fortunately but with players like Oli Shaw on loan it looks the quality of player we can expect is going to be average. The gems and the quality players not getting a game are clearly not interested in what we are offering. Obviously the loan market gives clubs the opportunity to bring in players temporarily who are way out of their league financially but all clubs in Scotland are doing it so is a necessity in order to compete. We did it well with Bachmann, Mulumbu and for half a season Stewart who were far above our level. 

The worry is the type of players we will likely bring in have us battling from 8th to 12th this year. It also looks like we are not that close to getting them. 

Yep. It's a St Mirren-type signing. 

Maybe this is the level that the board are aiming at now. 

8 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Yep. It's a St Mirren-type signing. 

Maybe this is the level that the board are aiming at now. 

Reminds me of. Ndjoli type signing. A young guy brought in on loan, with a view to being the backup to our main striker(s). 

You have to think AD is behind this and rates Shaw. I can’t imagine AA is too familiar with the Hibs fringe players. 

If true it is probably as I've already said that the disappointment in the assumption all of us felt that AA's potential targets have either never been there in the first place or have knocked us back for a variety of reasons and I'm sure BB and the rest of our directors may be feeling totally underwhelmed as well!

2 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

"We need a signing, any signing, cant believe we've not signed a striker, just sign a striker"

"Oh no not him, he won't do, thats desperation, a backwards step, we should've waited for a better option"

Funnily enough the exact same posters begging to sign a striker are the exact same ones moaning when we are linked to signing a striker.

We finished third last season and can't seem to attract any players.

A rocket like Lafferty is rejecting us. 

We're being linked with Oli Shaw. 

What the actual f is going on? 

The same old soundbites about "waiting for the right person",  to "these deals are difficult", and "have patience, there will be news by the end of the week". 

What happened to all the contacts Alessio had? Where are the big names? 

Patience is seriously running out, we can't buy a goal just now and we don't seem capable of fixing that on or off the pitch. 

Maybe by the end of the week... 

3 minutes ago, jesper said:

The same old soundbites about "waiting for the right person",  to "these deals are difficult", and "have patience, there will be news by the end of the week". 

Patience is seriously running out, we can't buy a goal just now and we don't seem capable of fixing that on or off the pitch. 

I’ve defended AA since he got here and when linked with mediocre like Oli Shaw I hope to myself it’s just paper talk. But it seems it might actually be the reality and we won’t actually gain anything from his so called contacts abroad.

Edited by Guff92

2 minutes ago, jesper said:

Reality appears to be that quite a few players were signing for ‘Steve Clarke’ and not ‘Kilmarnock’. Allesio clearly doesn’t have the same draw - and if the sum total of his much vaunted relationship with Conte is a red rotten reserve keeper to keep him sweet then you’ve got to worry slightly. 

9 minutes ago, Travis said:

….if the sum total of his much vaunted relationship with Conte is a red rotten reserve keeper to keep him sweet....

Bransescu came from Juve. Conte is at Inter.

So he clearly has no sympathy for Alessio. He probably resents having to find another whipping boy.

Edited by skygod

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

Bransescu came from Juve. Conte is at Inter.

So he clearly has no sympathy for Alessio. He probably resents having to find another whipping boy.

My assumption was that Conte and Allesio knew him from their time at Juve. 

And, yes, all signs are that the Conte link isn’t going to prove to be particularly useful to us (which is possibly worrying given that it was the main thing AA was trumpeted as bringing). In retrospect, was he just the guy Conte shouted at when things went wrong? Let’s hope not.