Kyle Lafferty [Contract Rejected]

C4mmy31

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

Bransescu came from Juve. Conte is at Inter.

So he clearly has no sympathy for Alessio. He probably resents having to find another whipping boy.

I was surprised so little was made of the video where Conte was rag-dolling him. The more I see, the more I wonder what the responsibilities in the role were.

I’d stab at definitely not transfer dealings. And from his press conferences, where he has been quite slow to talk up his staff, only talking about what we DON’T have, the ‘big brother’ assistant role seems unlikely too.

A name is coming to mind. Billy Brown.

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

The issue is he wants  £8k/wk more than we offered him. Nothing to do with AA or his style of play.

That seems a bit excessive to me.

Where did you hear that? I can't imagine any team in Scotland will pay him 9 odd grand a week so he might be on to plums if he wants to stay here.

49 minutes ago, jesper said:

We finished third last season and can't seem to attract any players.

A rocket like Lafferty is rejecting us. 

We're being linked with Oli Shaw. 

What the actual f is going on? 

The same old soundbites about "waiting for the right person",  to "these deals are difficult", and "have patience, there will be news by the end of the week". 

What happened to all the contacts Alessio had? Where are the big names? 

Patience is seriously running out, we can't buy a goal just now and we don't seem capable of fixing that on or off the pitch. 

Maybe by the end of the week... 

Not having a dig at you personally, but your post is a nice summary of  what a lot of fans are saying both on here and social media (where it's dire reading and a lot less reasoned).

Who do we think we are exactly though?

The type of players we all seem to 'want' (and I include my own suggestions like James Morrison) would all cost serious money in terms of wages.

Modern footballers are in the most part absolute tarts to the big money - why should a talent like Mulumbu for example commit early to us when he might get better money elsewhere?

We either have to accept we are not the type of team that spends money, or entirely change the club structure to a far more high-risk one.

If we spunk it all in a season for another 3rd place attempt where are we in the long term? back paying off contracts to overpriced haddies like we were doing in the early 2000s after previous excesses. Just not sustainable and we'd end up deid like Rangers.

Its a boring approach, but I'm increasingly of the opinion that we should cash in on (on-field) assets while we can (SOD, Brophy and Taylor) and look to restore/upgrade our facilities for youth in a big way, and plan to safeguard the club for the long-term future instead.

6 minutes ago, dasboag said:

The type of players we all seem to 'want' (and I include my own suggestions like James Morrison) would all cost serious money in terms of wages.

This!

We just don't have the budget to attract the type of player suggested. We have been lucky with special circumstances with Mulumbu and Eremenko but we certainly were not paying market rate for these type of players. The reality is we cant compete with what Jones and Stewart could command from elsewhere. 

Here's hoping AA does actually have some contacts, somewhere.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Reality appears to be that quite a few players were signing for ‘Steve Clarke’ and not ‘Kilmarnock’. Allesio clearly doesn’t have the same draw - and if the sum total of his much vaunted relationship with Conte is a red rotten reserve keeper to keep him sweet then you’ve got to worry slightly. 

73C66A06-3DCD-4047-BEBC-FAEBB2FE1BE6.jpeg

The unfortunate aspect of this is that I suspect that agents are calling the shots here. Perhaps our mistake was letting the world know that we have a bigger budget this year. I could see a lot of agents rubbing their hands at that!

However, the closer it comes to the window closing then players without a contract are going to have to take what is on offer and then the ball, so to speak, is in the club’s hands.

Hey Lafferty, you got a club yet? 

Naw,

How much are you wanting?

10 grand a week

Jog on pal.

okay I will take 5 grand a week.

Jog on pal.

How much are you offering?

2 grand a week and a 1 year contract.

naw...puts the phone down.

10 minutes before deadline....okay I’ll take it....

And I know players out of contract can sign anytime...just having a laff.

2 hours ago, dasboag said:

Not having a dig at you personally, but your post is a nice summary of  what a lot of fans are saying both on here and social media (where it's dire reading and a lot less reasoned).

Who do we think we are exactly though?

Modern footballers are in the most part absolute tarts to the big money - why should a talent like Mulumbu for example commit early to us when he might get better money elsewhere?

We either have to accept we are not the type of team that spends money, or entirely change the club structure to a far more high-risk one.

If we spunk it all in a season for another 3rd place attempt where are we in the long term? back paying off contracts to overpriced haddies like we were doing in the early 2000s after previous excesses. Just not sustainable and we'd end up deid like Rangers.

Its a boring approach, but I'm increasingly of the opinion that we should cash in on (on-field) assets while we can (SOD, Brophy and Taylor) and look to restore/upgrade our facilities for youth in a big way, and plan to safeguard the club for the long-term future instead.

For me, it's the promises coming to fruition. 

Bowie saying the budget will be increased. Yet no players of note in. 

Alessio having a decent contact list. Yet no players of note in. 

Constantly hearing that there will be big news coming up. And, you guessed it... No players. Its frustrating. I've held off as long as possible being critical of this, trying to stay positive, but it has become a farce. 

You're right on the money side of things, but we should be able to loan someone in - someone like Millar, a good pedigree that's needing game time to go then take form back to his parent club and make a name for himself. 

A Greg Stewart, out a favour and just looking for a game.

A Mulumbu - wanting to be in the shop window, signing on for £2k/week rather than sitting on his arse at home making £0k/week.

Where are these guys? We got them before, why aren't we getting them again? 

We need to start scoring goals before confidence really hits rock bottom. If it does, it's going to be hard to recover from. 

Off the back of last season? We need to keep momentum going. 

In our 150 anniversary year, we should be looking to pull out all the stops. Not trying to spare ourselves this embarrassment. And that's what it's been so far. 

Edited by jesper

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Reality appears to be that quite a few players were signing for ‘Steve Clarke’ and not ‘Kilmarnock’. Allesio clearly doesn’t have the same draw - and if the sum total of his much vaunted relationship with Conte is a red rotten reserve keeper to keep him sweet then you’ve got to worry slightly. 

I can’t honestly think of any Steve Clarke signings that are gracing our kit, to me SOD , Findlay and Brophy are believing the hype and none of them are offering the same as they did last season. Thankfully Taylor is the ultimate pro and continues to play to the high standards he always has.

Liam Millar will take time to settle back in, I genuinely hope that twat Easton does himself a bad one in the coming weeks, there was  no doubt Millar was watching himself a bit yesterday.

The Italian window is still open, so perhaps we are not giving AA enough credit yet, there may well be good things to come , let’s hope so.

My opinion is that Brophy and SOD can go , but for no less than 1m, the way they are playing however will make that tough to get.

One last thing, did anyone find it strange that Hamilton had more than double our Director numbers yesterday.

3 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Personally I still think Lafferty will sign for us. Have a feeling he’s just playing the game and we haven’t bitten, yet. 

If I was him and I knew we were desperate I’d be holding out and demanding more and a longer contract. 

This is a possibility. Seemed like he liked the idea but deal not right. If he genuinely wants to stay in Scotland I’d I’ve thought we are his best option.

18 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

This is a possibility. Seemed like he liked the idea but deal not right. If he genuinely wants to stay in Scotland I’d I’ve thought we are his best option.

It is, but if the case then we should say no. 

I'm crying out for signings/a striker as much as anyone, but not one that's going to strong-arm us through the media. 

28 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I can’t honestly think of any Steve Clarke signings that are gracing our kit, to me SOD , Findlay and Brophy are believing the hype and none of them are offering the same as they did last season. Thankfully Taylor is the ultimate pro and continues to play to the high standards he always has.

Liam Millar will take time to settle back in, I genuinely hope that twat Easton does himself a bad one in the coming weeks, there was  no doubt Millar was watching himself a bit yesterday.

The Italian window is still open, so perhaps we are not giving AA enough credit yet, there may well be good things to come , let’s hope so.

My opinion is that Brophy and SOD can go , but for no less than 1m, the way they are playing however will make that tough to get.

One last thing, did anyone find it strange that Hamilton had more than double our Director numbers yesterday.

I think the loan signings, particularly from England, must surely have been because of Clarke’s reputation and contacts down there. Bachmann alone was enough to elevate us from also-rans to something a fair bit better. 

I agree one gap SC left was in failing to leave many long-term signings of real quality and no long-term solutions to Jones, Boyd, Bachmann, Tishbola, Mulumbu etc all leaving at once. We’re still suffering for that now.

I also think people are being incredibly harsh on SOD, I assume because of rumours re contract extension, but he’s still comfortably one of our best players, best right-back we’ve had in decades and will be a real loss. Saw some criticism of him yesterday but he was one of main threats in first half and drifted out of game in second half along with pretty much everyone else. Didn’t think he warranted special criticism by any stretch and was far better than Taylor in first half imo, but I get that there’s a bit of casting about for people to blame at the moment, not unreasonably. 

And, yes, I very much hope there are good things to come and the early-season nerves of fans and players are allayed soon. 

12 minutes ago, jesper said:

It is, but if the case then we should say no. 

I'm crying out for signings/a striker as much as anyone, but not one that's going to strong-arm us through the media. 

He’s entitled to get the best deal he can get from us or anyone. By whatever means open to him. I have no issue with it and would expect us to do the same in reverse. Happens all the time.

8 hours ago, Travis said:

I think the loan signings, particularly from England, must surely have been because of Clarke’s reputation and contacts down there. Bachmann alone was enough to elevate us from also-rans to something a fair bit better. 

Bachmann has been on loan at Ross County previously. Don’t you think it’s more likely Watford were just trying to get him some game time at a decent level? 

I think people are putting too much emphasis on the increased budget.

A bigger budget doesn't entitle us automatically to new players - the club needs to be a desirable location beyond money - our increased budget, is still lower than a lot of other clubs that we would deem rivals, i.e. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.