Kyle Lafferty [Contract Rejected]

C4mmy31

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Kilmarnock manager Angelo Alessio: "I hope either tomorrow or Monday to have another player in. Maybe in the next week. We need another striker, a winger, and another centre back. We need another solution."

Maybe Lafferty?

Story I heard today was he’s been offered a deal which he’s stalling on as he’s still hoping for a better offer from elsewhere but nothing forthcoming. If this is the case he’s maybe not worth the bother. 

Just now, Fudger said:

Story I heard today was he’s been offered a deal which he’s stalling on as he’s still hoping for a better offer from elsewhere but nothing forthcoming. If this is the case he’s maybe not worth the bother. 

I’m not really fussed on him anyway, but I genuinely don’t think this would be good use of our funds. It’s not going to suddenly bring us goals if we have no cutting edge.  I think Brophy, and the team as a whole,  would benefit more from having a creative midfielder, ( like Greig Docherty?), than Lafferty. 

1 minute ago, charlie1 said:

You can feel the frustration oozing out of almost every thread related to transfers or lack of them . 

The frustration is that we are so threadbare and if we don't make good signings we will be battling out at the wrong end of the league. Appreciate we don't need panic buys but the season has started and we need to pick up points

Kyle Lafferty has revealed he is no closer to finding a new club after rejecting a deal to join Kilmarnock . 

The Northern Irishman is a free agent after being axed by Rangers . 

Lafferty held talks with Killie gaffer Angelo Alessio and No.2 Massimo Donati last week. 

And Lafferty told MailSport : “I spoke to the manager and Massimo. I looked at it because the manager said a lot of positive things about how he wants Kilmarnock to be this season. 

“He seems to know what he’s talking about, but unfortunately we couldn’t agree anything.

READ MORE

“I think he was looking at different things to what I was.

“But I wish them all the best.

2 minutes ago, Stb1750 said:

Any truth to the story circulating regarding Lafferty rejecting a deal to join?

I can see it being true to be honest. 

At this stage in his career, Lafferty is holding out for a longer term contract as all players do around his age. 

He’s probably been offered a 1 year deal when in reality he wants a 3 year deal. 

Can’t blame him, holding out for a last payday with long term security.  

14 minutes ago, KillieNo1 said:

At this stage in his career, Lafferty is holding out for a longer term contract as all players do around his age. 

He’s probably been offered a 1 year deal when in reality he wants a 3 year deal. 

Maybe he will end up at linfield his spirtual home

26 minutes ago, KillieNo1 said:

I agree. He's probably after 2/3 years that he just won't find in Scotland. Be better moving to the MLS or something if he wants that.

1 hour ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Kyle Lafferty has revealed he is no closer to finding a new club after rejecting a deal to join Kilmarnock . 

The Northern Irishman is a free agent after being axed by Rangers . 

Lafferty held talks with Killie gaffer Angelo Alessio and No.2 Massimo Donati last week. 

And Lafferty told MailSport : “I spoke to the manager and Massimo. I looked at it because the manager said a lot of positive things about how he wants Kilmarnock to be this season. 

“He seems to know what he’s talking about, but unfortunately we couldn’t agree anything.

READ MORE

“I think he was looking at different things to what I was.

“But I wish them all the best.

Thank f**k

17 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I think you'll find that is an apocryphal story. 

So it is. I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed. 

"I was in a London club called the Speak Easy in 1967 or '68. A member of a group called the Flock, recording for Columbia at the time, came over to me and said: 

"You're fantastic. When I heard about you eating that s**t on stage, I thought, 'That guy is way, way out there.' " 

I said, "I never ate s**t on stage," He looked really depressed—like I had just broken his heart. 

For the records, folks: I never took a s**t on stage, and the closest I ever came to eating s**t anywhere was at a Holiday Inn buffet in Fayetteville, North Carolina, in 1973."

From "The book of Zappa"

Edited by fraz65