Hamilton cup tie predictions.....

Scouser2

Totally agree if the players have taken anything in from last week surely its the fact they let themselves and everybody connected with our great club down and the chance to put things right so soon must inspire all of them to get the only result needed.    A comfortable home win!!!

I just hope that they approach the game with the same attitude they did for the second half against SevCo. 

I’m hoping they play with some freedom given that it’s a cup game and an opportunity to try and undo some of the misery of last week. 

I also don’t think it’s an utter disaster if we lose tomorrow, it’s the league cup after all which I can’t imagine is our top priority (although obviously would like a good cup run). Let’s just hope that something clicks and we can take some form into the league. 

2-0 Killie for me. 

7 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

Out of two cups before the end of August and winless in the league would be a massive kick in the teeth after last season.

I wonder if it would rouse some folks in here from their complacency.

Not sure it's complacency. I think some can't bring themselves to believe or admit that it looks increasingly likely that the AA appointment has been/will be a mistake. 

This first press conference (which I couldn't watch all the way through) was a massive red flag.

Since then the red flag count has been increasing unfortunately. 

The Rangers performance was encouraging, but it wasn't unusual in the pre-Clarke days for Killie to put up a spirited display against the old-firm and receive a pat on the back and no points with fans looking forward to seeing if they could take it on into their other games...which they couldn't. 

The remaining fixtures of this month are huge for AA. What will the board do, and what will the fans think IF we're out the LC and have zero pts in the league? 

I'm prepared to give AA the benifit of the doubt and say he's a knowledgeable and effective coach in the correct culture and with the correct finances. IMO, AA is the wrong man in the wrong culture of the SPFL with the wrong finances he needs to play they way he wants. 

22 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

We absolutely pummelled this mob last week but never got a break, the only changes I would make would be El Makrini for Power and move Millar closer to Brophy. 3-0 Killie

That’s not the game i watched last week. We need to improve significantly in the final third and create more decent chances. I am not overly optimistic. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

That’s not the game i watched last week. We need to improve significantly in the final third and create more decent chances. I am not overly optimistic. 

Then I’ve no idea where you were, between Millar, Taylor then Thomas we put in cross after cross that simply needed tapping in the net if our centre had been where he should be, then on the other side we had Burke and SOD doing the same. The stats did not lie last week

19 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Then I’ve no idea where you were, between Millar, Taylor then Thomas we put in cross after cross that simply needed tapping in the net if our centre had been where he should be, then on the other side we had Burke and SOD doing the same. The stats did not lie last week

I think they did. We didn’t look all that threatening imo.

Last week was not about Brophy standing in the wrong place; it was collective, continual decision-making errors.

Edited by NorfolkG

For me one of the biggest disappointments last week were when no players gambled on the second ball. A few times there were opportunities to pick up a tap in but we just don't seem to have that player in our team. Whether or not we win today relies mainly on our defence I think as I can't see us scoring many. (hope that does it)