Niko Hamalainen

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, virtuocity said:

Still have the best left back in the league playing for us, and a couple of million in our sky rocket.  If we could afford his wages I’d like to see us push to sign him permanently.

Said that today,, seem enough there to make a move  though he may be thinking he’s back in the Championship if shows up well for us unfortunately 

30 minutes ago, eagle10g1 said:

Said that today,, seem enough there to make a move  though he may be thinking he’s back in the Championship if shows up well for us unfortunately 

"I believe this can be a stepping stone to bigger things for me, 100 per cent.

"This is a chance to fulfil my potential. Playing first-team football brings out other opportunities and could make other teams interested or help me go back to QPR to become the first-choice left-back there."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/kilmarnock/news/niko-hamalainen-admits-kilmarnock-is-stepping-stone_368968.html

4 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

If he does this for about 3 seasons, then we can compare to Greg. Some amount of disrespect and short memories here. 

I don't think any disrespect is meant. Taylor was f**king magic and consistently so. It's just that thus far we haven't missed him because Nicko has done a smashing job. Jury's obviously still out if he can do it over such a long period but it's ok to be optimistic based on what we've seen so far. 

7 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I don't think any disrespect is meant. Taylor was f**king magic and consistently so. It's just that thus far we haven't missed him because Nicko has done a smashing job. Jury's obviously still out if he can do it over such a long period but it's ok to be optimistic based on what we've seen so far. 

Hes an ex killie player time to move on

5 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Genuinely thought he was poor today. Gave the ball away almost every single time... not seeing what others see clearly.

It is quite unbelievable how people can see the game so different. 

I thought he absolutely strolled it yesterday. Made some good forward runs and linked up well with Millar. Looked comfortable when he was required defensively too. A contender for MOTM behind El Makrini and Millar imo. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:32 AM, Bullitt said:

Genuinely thought he was poor today. Gave the ball away almost every single time... not seeing what others see clearly.

Hamalainen and Liam will be every bit as good as Greg and Jordon Jones at their best but they need a few more games together to build the understanding.

After a few games, their progress is already really exciting..