Sports bar

LegWeak

10 minutes ago, CB said:

Aye. Was just reading that. What an odd situation. Cashlessness available everywhere (including the gates) except for the Killie Club.

'Pint of heavy, please.' 'That's £3.20.' *Pulls out card* ''Sorry, sir. Cash only' 'But, I never brung any, I got my ticket on my phone, I use the card at the kiosks'

Perhaps they were hoping we'd be drawn away in the cup, and the'd have had a fortnight to get everything in after the 'soft launch' against the huns.

Here's hoping its just still to be introduced. Lack of cash machines around the stadium doesn't help! 

22 minutes ago, CB said:

'Pint of heavy, please.' 'That's £3.20.' *Pulls out card* ''Sorry, sir. Cash only' 'But, I never brung any, I got my ticket on my phone, I use the card at the kiosks'.

If only you had been at Ibrox, some modern-day knight in shining armour would have bought you a pint....

Hard to believe anyone could be so chivalrous, I know, but it’s in the Record so it must be true. 

The Sports Bar (or whatever they are going to call it, I think going back to the Killie Club is favourite) is far from finished and was only opened to facilitate match days. Most of the basics are in place and functional but the 'look' is far from complete. In some ways they would have been better to have kept it shut until it was finished as these things tend to drag out when they are deemed to be operational and people move on to other projects in the interim and never seem to go back and finish off what they started. Done it a million times myself and I'm sure many of you are all too familiar with the concept. I'd like to see it filled with Killie memorabilia and to hell with all this other sports stuff. We should really look at some other ways of speeding up service too, hopefully the new hospitality manager Emma will have time to dedicate to all this kind of thing and now we have someone on that job specifically it can improve in all manner of ways. Zero in hospitality yesterday I'm being told, that has to change, its not a case of people knowing who we are and what's on offer its a case of the Club catering for the needs of the fans and in turn the fans wanting to avail themselves of the facilities and start paying for a variety of hospitality options again. Other than the annual Guiney memorial day I can't remember the last time I was even tempted to go for hospitality, even though I invariably enjoy the day out when I do go.

1 hour ago, baz said:

The Sports Bar (or whatever they are going to call it, I think going back to the Killie Club is favourite) is far from finished and was only opened to facilitate match days. Most of the basics are in place and functional but the 'look' is far from complete. In some ways they would have been better to have kept it shut until it was finished as these things tend to drag out when they are deemed to be operational and people move on to other projects in the interim and never seem to go back and finish off what they started. Done it a million times myself and I'm sure many of you are all too familiar with the concept. I'd like to see it filled with Killie memorabilia and to hell with all this other sports stuff. We should really look at some other ways of speeding up service too, hopefully the new hospitality manager Emma will have time to dedicate to all this kind of thing and now we have someone on that job specifically it can improve in all manner of ways. Zero in hospitality yesterday I'm being told, that has to change, its not a case of people knowing who we are and what's on offer its a case of the Club catering for the needs of the fans and in turn the fans wanting to avail themselves of the facilities and start paying for a variety of hospitality options again. Other than the annual Guiney memorial day I can't remember the last time I was even tempted to go for hospitality, even though I invariably enjoy the day out when I do go.

Hopefully the new bar is completed soon, would hoped been updated by now.....noticed the same company is involved with development work going on in the hotel....

For me the hospitality prices are too high for "normal fans" apart from the odd special occasion......the club probably hoped more Companies would take up some places for clients etc... but that doesn't seem to be happening too much either

Edited by Scouser2

11 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Hopefully the new bar is completed soon, would hoped been updated by now.....noticed the same company is involved with development work going on in the hotel....

For me the hospitality prices are too high for "normal fans" apart from the odd special occasion......the club probably hoped more Companies would take up some places for clients etc... but that doesn't seem to be happening too much either

Agree about the price. Unless its an important cup game I refuse to pay £60+ for an nice seat and a pay bar when I can sit in the stand for £15 and go to a pub before hand.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:08 AM, skygod said:

If only you had been at Ibrox, some modern-day knight in shining armour would have bought you a pint....

Hard to believe anyone could be so chivalrous, I know, but it’s in the Record so it must be true. 

No, if it had been at Ibrox, you could have just taken it anyway, explained that you were "failing to pay" but you were fully entitled to it. And for good measure you would have probably knocked over the drinks of some other punters who are quietly drinking around you.

Certainly looks a bit better, depends on what furniture goes in I suppose. Only downer for me was getting rid of staropramen on tap. No guinness tap either. Canny be doing with tennents. First pint of it in years and remembered why i stopped drinking it. 

Probably been answered many times but do the club own and profit from the bar now or is it still hotel run?

33 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Probably been answered many times but do the club own and profit from the bar now or is it still hotel run?

The Club now operate the bar and the hospitality themselves and have employed someone to be the licensee and run everything. The hotel will not now profit from any of it other than by its proximity and the overspill factor. I appreciate that it is still a work in progress but I'm a bit concerned that there were so few in hospitality for the last two games that they've all been accommodated in the glass box (whatever you call that) lounge and no one has been in the 'new' 1869 Suite (Park Suite).

1 minute ago, baz said:

The Club now operate the bar and the hospitality themselves and have employed someone to be the licensee and run everything. The hotel will not now profit from any of it other than by its proximity and the overspill factor. I appreciate that it is still a work in progress but I'm a bit concerned that there were so few in hospitality for the last two games that they've all been accommodated in the glass box (whatever you call that) lounge and no one has been in the 'new' 1869 Suite (Park Suite).

Maybe they should try making it cheaper for a match or two to give people more incentive to go. 

6 minutes ago, baz said:

Good to hear, place was busy and should do a good turn on match days at least. Hopefully it carries over to non match days, old place always struggled with that despite being nearest pub for a big area. 

I don't think you need to buy groups of 8+ to get into the box now. legends lounge is £95 each. Maybe worth it because of free bar.

One thing I think the club should be doing is offering discount on hospitality for season ticket holders. We've already bought a ticket for the game and if you want to go to hospitality you've to pay an extra 60+ quid for essentially a comfy seat and the opportunity to buy drink at game, complimentary if you pay more. 

If you treat it as a day out then the extra cost isn't a big deal i suppose.