Greg Taylor (AWAY)

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that this “initial” contact , albeit not officially from Celtic is just the usual OF tactics of unsettling a player who they might not have any intentions of buying during this window , but gives them options should other deals fall through.

Even if we don’t sell GT this time , we have a potentially unsettled and under performing player on our hands with all the connotations of that .

Had SSC still been in charge I’d be confident of KFC handling this properly and to our advantage , but with our clusterf**k of an administration and a new virgin manager , right now I’m not confident at all . 

I hope to be surprised 

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that this “initial” contact , albeit not officially from Celtic is just the usual OF tactics of unsettling a player who they might not have any intentions of buying during this window , but gives them options should other deals fall through.

Even if we don’t sell GT this time , we have a potentially unsettled and under performing player on our hands with all the connotations of that .

Had SSC still been in charge I’d be confident of KFC handling this properly and to our advantage , but with our clusterf**k of an administration and a new virgin manager , right now I’m not confident at all . 

I hope to be surprised 

Previously known as doing a "Naisy". Expect photos of family members looking tearful and the media ganging up on us for stalling his dream move. 

Any deal to sell Taylor should be for a minimum of £3m with no add ons or clauses with the exception of 20% sell on fee when they sell him to England for a ridiculously big fee! Any loan deals done should not affect the deal to sell the player and should be separate. Hopefully the board take the same stance Motherwell took when negotiating Turnbull or Hibs took when they tried to low ball them for McGinn! 

Remember folks

Opening Celtic bid for Turnbull, was said to be under £1.5M

Final accepted bid, was reported as £3.25M

Hopefully Bowie will stand firm, if bids come in

Taylor is one of the most consistent players I can remember, in many years watching Killie 

Consistency is not normally associated with young players, as most managers will tell you

Taylor is a gem

Looks like he will be away. Can’t deny him a move to a bigger club with significantly higher wages but it always sticks in the craw when it’s one of them. He’s been a really great player for us, developed so much in the last few years.  

They are cash rich so it should be £3m as an absolute minimum. 

10 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

1 million plus players on loan. No chance. 3 million or 2 million plus Lewis Morgan or 1.5 plus hendry and Morgan. On permanent deals. 

Absolutely spot on - these tossers got £25m for Tierney and they offer a paltry sum for Taylor, a Scotland international with over 100 games for Killie - £3m minimum plus permanent deal for Hendry, Morgan and Mikey Johnston. Or £5m for player only. I have said for a long while now that it is time we stopped undervaluing our players. Watch the media now manipulate the transfer in Celtic's favour. They've already started - ''Billy Bowie is aware that Taylor is keen on the move''. You know what - F*&k off.

This has got nothing to do with a Motherwell player. People need to get that comparison out of their heads. Turnbulls value is based on him being an attacker and the goals he scored in the second half of the season. Taylor is a Defender and the way football works they don’t go for the same money as attackers. If we get £3million+ for Greg it’s because that’s his value in the current market. Not because we made sure we were getting what Motherwell were getting.

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

This has got nothing to do with a Motherwell player. People need to get that comparison out of their heads. Turnbulls value is based on him being an attacker and the goals he scored in the second half of the season. Taylor is a Defender and the way football works they don’t go for the same money as attackers. If we get £3million+ for Greg it’s because that’s his value in the current market. Not because we made sure we were getting what Motherwell were getting.

Not unless you are that plastic club man city

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

They paid £3m for a left back in the summer who looks no better than Taylor - granted its early days. 

As a general principle you might be correct but it's too simplistic to say defenders don't go for the same money as attackers so Taylor shouldn't match turnbulls valuation. The attacker in question isn't anywhere near as experienced nor has he been given international recognition to his name. 

If I were speaking to the celtic board I'd be asking for 3m. Every day closer to the transfer window shutting add another 100k onto the value, force their hand. 

If we're looking at Henderson, Bayo, Morgan or Hendry on loan for a season I still wouldn't knock too much off the 3m.

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic haven't been on contact with Killie, nor have Killie given a price.

The papers have literally got that price from this forum.

Exactly - so let's start upselling our player. £7m which could be negotiated at £5m. Look at what Aberdeen are valuing that big dud McKenna at.

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

2 years.

I never said never sell him, sell him if the price is right.

However you are advocating selling him for £1m and getting some diddy on loan. That's a terrible deal.

Wouldnt want a diddy only if it was going to be 2 players who are better than our first team and will improve us. If the price isnt right we should hold onto him but may end up with a unhappy player doing that