Greg Taylor (AWAY)

2 hours ago, andy123 said:

how does that work we are 3m in profit from the sale of greg taylor(if that's the price he went for let's say) So 2 players at 5k a week for the next year will approx cost us £1million pound. why would we go into administration we would still have 2million profit. plus the half million Europe profit, plus Boyd's off the wages. 

Thank f**k you aren't in charge of the club. We would be out of business in 2 years.

1 hour ago, andy123 said:

Moura is better than kane ha you on drugs. Wonder who will score more goals this season. Think you just have to make an argument of every comment I make. Just give me one of those silly red cards. 

Didn’t say Moura was a better goal scorer, I stated he is a better footballer. Which he is. 

1 hour ago, gordon4418 said:

Where did i say that the time its taken is either ok or too long? i didnt comment on that at all.

YOUR original post didnt even comment on that.

How do you know the refurb isnt being done on a fixed price contract? and therefor no matter how long it takes it doesnt cost us more.

It was open for business for the Rangers game and the Hamilton game (albeit not fully finished), given the amount of work going on at the club over the summer i'm not surprised its not fully finished yet.

All the hospitality areas at rugby park are massively overpriced hence the reason they are empty MOST games , park suite still £125 this season ffs , we paid about£85 last Xmas in a deal and we are serious drinkers and it still wasn’t worth it , we will be back this Xmas as it’s a special occasion but not worth the money 

40 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

All the hospitality areas at rugby park are massively overpriced hence the reason they are empty MOST games , park suite still £125 this season ffs , we paid about£85 last Xmas in a deal and we are serious drinkers and it still wasn’t worth it , we will be back this Xmas as it’s a special occasion but not worth the money 

You are right mate, unless it is a special occasion it's to expensive. Better to be full every week than sitting empty, lower prices and get the place bouncing.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Didn’t say Moura was a better goal scorer, I stated he is a better footballer. Which he is. 

Baws goal scorers get paid more money. Kane is a brilliant player not just a goal scorer. Holds the ball up and brings other players into the game really well. Probably would be valued double what Moura is worth 

14 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

You are right mate, unless it is a special occasion it's to expensive. Better to be full every week than sitting empty, lower prices and get the place bouncing.

The hospitality is not really designed to be value for money option for us regular fans. It should be for companies willing to pay over the odds to take employees and clients a different experience. Out failure is in not being able  to attract enough local companies to get involved. I’ve only been once and it was a crap atmosphere and poorly attended. It should be primarily corporate. 

What has to be remembered is that Taylor has been fantastic for Killie and Killie has been great to him. So I hope if a deal is done that both Taylor and Killie get the deals each party deserves. 

Its extremely hard IMO to value a player, especially when we are talking about figures which aren’t normally associated with Killie players or many other players in the league. 

Obviously Killie have a lot in favour when negotiating:

- Taylor has constantly been improving and will continue to do so as he gains experience. He’s consistent in terms of performance and attitude and also with his own development plus he never misses a game or appears fatigued/ injured 

- how well Taylor played and adapted to international  level. In the Belgium game he look assured and comfortable stepping up - I actually thought he was the best Scottish player (best out of a bad bunch maybe!) Which IMO would reduce any doubt about him playing well in big games, in front of big crowds for Celtic.

- Celtic have just sold the best left back they’ve had in years. They’ve tried to replace him and bought a dud - so they should know how difficult it could be to replace KT if they don’t sign GT now and miss an opportunity. With Taylor the would know that he wouldn’t have to adapt to the Scottish game. Also with his time in the Scotland team he probably knows a bunch of the team fairly well.

- Celtic appear to be under pressure following the failings to sign Turnbull and previously letting McGinn go over relative peanuts. I would have thought they wouldn’t want to be embarrassed again. Plus Lennon will have some heat on him after the Euro defeat and signing Boli. Lennon could see that by signing Taylor could ease some pressure. 

- when Celtic were negotiating with Arsenal they played hardball with them not accepting until they got the offer that they wanted. I could be wrong but it’s probably a similar jump - Killie to Celtic vs Celtic to Arsenal. From a Killie point of view that’s all I want for us - let’s set our price with the above points in mind and stay strong. 

I agree that Celtic have been good to us in the past with a couple of loans but equally we have been good to them. This shouldn’t be a factor of any negotiations as I fear we wouldn’t truly benefit. No loan deals just hard cash please.

Once we get the cash it then becomes a great problem to have (we can then tell the board how to spend it - no doubt the next 10page thread) as long as previous financial lessons are learned. 

YTTK. 

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

Highly unlikely Taylor will start tomorrow and I doubt he will play for Killie again .According to what I have heard he was sounded out months ago if he would go to Septic .His family leanings might have proved a problem 

You’ve got no more idea about this than the rest of us. 

This is how it always begins, player misses training. I hope things don't turn sour like you sometimes see in other leagues, players going awol, tbf very much doubt that will happen. None the less if Taylor does go and we get a tidy sum, good luck to the lad, deserves the move. 

I hope one day we are in a position to keep hold of our best players and not have to sell. 

If this happens, which has looked very likely for some time and we have no option to recall Calum waters from st mirren then serious questions must be asked of the club. This is basic stuff. 

Lets be honest, even if we get 2 or 3 mil cash, it’s going to be difficult to source a replacement at this stage of the window. 

16 minutes ago, Fudger said:

If this happens, which has looked very likely for some time and we have no option to recall Calum waters from st mirren then serious questions must be asked of the club. This is basic stuff. 

Lets be honest, even if we get 2 or 3 mil cash, it’s going to be difficult to source a replacement at this stage of the window. 

what you mean to say you don't fancy Brophy at left back?