Greg Taylor (AWAY)

Watched  a game last year (can't remember who they played - Ross County maybe) and Henderson was outstanding.

Reminded me of Gauld when he was at his best for Dungdee Utd.

He seemed slight, though, and I'd imagine he needs to bulk up learn to ride tackles or he'll just be brushed off the ball.

I have been hearing 2m plus 2 loan players???

2 ways to look at it. I would prefer the full amount and forget loans considering at the end they return to parent club and it's back to square 1. Although on the other hand 2m is 2m and the loans might help fill the gaps considering a couple players we have tried to bring in has fell through at the last minute.

17 minutes ago, Gallus said:

If we can't get 3 million for a young Scottish left back with international experience from a team that just received 25 million we should just pack it in.

Record fee between Scottish clubs for a LB, and second highest for a FB after Whittaker from Hibs to Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

If we value Greg at £3m and are taking £2m + loans we're essentially paying £1m for loans. Why not hold out and literally buy our own players for that FFS 

Sadly, because Celtic could say that's too much, well sign someone else, and we get nothing. He was always going to be a little bit under value. Hopefully it's an amount we can live with and loan players that can make an impact. 

2 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

If we value Greg at £3m and are taking £2m + loans we're essentially paying £1m for loans. Why not hold out and literally buy our own players for that FFS 

We don't know that. It might be £2million, 2 players (remember we can only have one loan so one would have to be permanent) and then a chunky sell on percentage that could very well add up to well more than a million in a few years.

Just now, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

We don't know that. It might be £2million, 2 players (remember we can only have one loan so one would have to be permanent) and then a chunky sell on percentage that could very well add up to well more than a million in a few years.

I would be ok with that but nothing less. Otherwise we've shown Celtic our valuations mean jot all and that we'll buckle with a bit of persuasion.

1 minute ago, gjkillie007 said:

BBC: "Asked about defender Greg Taylor's impending move to Celtic, the Italian politely says: "I just want to talk about the match.""

Impending move?? Talking as if it is done and dusted

Aye hearing its a done deal. It least it gives us a couple days to get players in with the money rather than it happening late on deadline day.

7 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Asking price is £3 million and that’s what we should be getting. 

You don’t go into arnold clark and offer 2/3 of what their asking for then walk out with the car, do you? 

Thankfully transferring footballers between clubs is different to buying a new motor. Footballers can appreciate in value as well as depreciate, cars only do the latter. Therefore if Killie are sensible, and given Taylor's potential, if we're offered less cash upfront but a larger than expected sell on then it's more than worth the gamble.

11 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I could see GT ending up in Europe rather than England. Too wee for English prem, technically good enough for top level abroad IMO

I’m yet to be convinced that being 5cm shorter than Andy Robertson and 2.5cm shorter than Kieran Tierney is a problem.