Greg Taylor (AWAY)

If a deal is going to be done, it needs to happen beginning of next week. Otherwise we are left with a nice big transfer fee, a still woefully threadbare forward threat, one untried and inexperienced left back and little time to recruit the players needed to make our squad competitive. It also bumps the price up for guys we want to recruit unfortunately. Get it done fairly soon or not at all!

£3mil + % of a sell on and a player in on loan for the season with them paying the full would be a decent bit of business,

Time to start cashing in, we aren't going to get anywhere near the Tierney money, and his value will only decrease with his contract.

As I've said previously I probably wont understand how good a player he is until hes no longer here but feel he can be replaced

3 minutes ago, red_dug said:

We can.

Please god no! I cannot wait until 2nd September to allow me to get back to normality and not checking social media/this forum every 5mins to see if we've signed someone, this cannot continue for the entire season.

Imagine a transfer thread in November with someone having spotted a male with flip flops and a dutch wife outside the hotel, unthinkable stuff

4 minutes ago, andy123 said:

probably the big question will be will the cash go into the wage budget. Last few times we have sold players manager hasn't been given the money to buy players. That's why loan players from celtic maybe attractive depending on their quality of player they are offering 

It’ll depend how much we get. The Coulibaly money moved us well down the road with plans that we needed to find funding for. It would be nice to see us be able to invest it in the squad but there may be other priorities 

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

It’ll depend how much we get. The Coulibaly money moved us well down the road with plans that we needed to find funding for. It would be nice to see us be able to invest it in the squad but there may be other priorities 

that's what I was thinking. If we got 3m for example would we get say 1m to spend on a player. 

1 minute ago, andy123 said:

that's what I was thinking. If we got 3m for example would we get say 1m to spend on a player. 

I'd be beyond stunned if we ever spend anything close to £1m for a player. In fact I'd be beyond stunned if we ever break our record transfer or even spend six figures on a player. Some of this money (and it's worth reiterating again that we've got page after page of pure speculation here) might go on signing fees and player wages but I can't imagine it'll be anything other than free agents who are still available at end of window.

If some of the money was used finally getting other talent tied down on new deals then that would be great news too. We either need to get O'Donnell signed up or start having a serious think about right back soon.

Rest will go on running costs, continued renovations, work needing done around RP and generally keeping us afloat for another year or two.

2 minutes ago, andy123 said:

For a club in our position I wouldn't be spending any money on a transfer fee, wages yes but not for a transfer fee.

Too many good players out there for loan/out of contract that bigger wages could entice.

I'd much rather that money was put in to a training academy or the likes to attract and keep the next Greg Taylor. Probably getting ahead of ourselves until we know a bid has been made.

5 minutes ago, andy123 said:

We will never spend £1m on a player even if we get £25m for Taylor. It is likely we will never spend money of any kind on a player ever again - or at least until the game and its finances change out of all recognition from where it is just now.

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

I'd be beyond stunned if we ever spend anything close to £1m for a player. In fact I'd be beyond stunned if we ever break our record transfer or even spend six figures on a player. Some of this money (and it's worth reiterating again that we've got page after page of pure speculation here) might go on signing fees and player wages but I can't imagine it'll be anything other than free agents who are still available at end of window.

If some of the money was used finally getting other talent tied down on new deals then that would be great news too. We either need to get O'Donnell signed up or start having a serious think about right back soon.

Rest will go on running costs, continued renovations, work needing done around RP and generally keeping us afloat for another year or two.

I agree with what you are implying and I’d add that it would offset the Old Firm allocation reduction. A couple of million could do a lot of good for the running of the club, if used wisely.