UEFA Take Action on Rangers

A Certain mr Stewart on radio and tv says its part of society but why is it only in football.  I am going to Murrayfield tomorrow and there is nothing like this this  and I do not know of any other sport when these things happen.  It has been ongoing for years and the SPl/SPFA are just too scared to take on Sevco/Celtic.  And yes I have a Season ticket which will be unused tomorrow as I bought 4 tickets Scotland v France  in good seats for £20 each before the fixtures were announced. Please note not all for me.

22 minutes ago, kenh said:

A Certain mr Stewart on radio and tv says its part of society but why is it only in football.  I am going to Murrayfield tomorrow and there is nothing like this this  and I do not know of any other sport when these things happen.  It has been ongoing for years and the SPl/SPFA are just too scared to take on Sevco/Celtic.  And yes I have a Season ticket which will be unused tomorrow as I bought 4 tickets Scotland v France  in good seats for £20 each before the fixtures were announced. Please note not all for me.

He is right tho. Its a societal problem. How many people when they hear their mates or colleagues start thay patter just laugh it off? f**king sick of hearing the pish these cretins spout and its allowed to happen not just by the authorities but by the ordinary joe that sticks their head in the sand and says..... aye but such and such is only a 90 minute bigot when its clear this pish breeds bad behaviour not only at the football but on the street. 

Hi again as someone  who at now at 62 years of age but still fit I served 22 years in the RAF and been in many places and the rest of the WORLD can not believe or understand our system.  My favourite is meet an old firm fan from Ayrshire and ask them why they support any of the old Firm and see what the response is.  It is brilliant because in 99% they can not give you a straight answer.

2 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

Rangers say they have been ordered to close part of Ibrox for Thursday's meeting with Legia Warsaw following "racist behaviour - which includes sectarian singing".

The punishment from Uefa relates to the Europa League first round, second leg against St Joseph's on 18 July.

A statement from Rangers reveals they must shut off "a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats".

The club has yet to announce which area will be closed for the sold-out game.

"Our supporters have been asked repeatedly by the club to refrain from indulging in this, and other forms of unacceptable behaviour," added the statement. "Sadly, the warnings have fallen on deaf ears and the actions of this minority will cause the club and the majority of good and decent Rangers supporters to pay a heavy penalty.

"Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week's match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of Uefa might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.

"If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do."

Uefa has been approached for comment

Uefa orders Ibrox section close down after 'sectarian singing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49449628

I can only assume from the last paragraph about behaving in a civilised manner that they support this sort of behaviour away from Ibrox and the lowlife who broke through a gate, invaded the playing surface and wrecked the disabled facilities were not genuine Rangers supporters

45 minutes ago, kenh said:

It's a society thing a not just football .Worked in a place where there was a fenian section.No Catholics where allowed in the section where I worked ( that they new off ) and the shop steward was a staunch Orangeman .Times have moved forward but there are still places where it's common to have a flag pole outside your house with a Union Jack on it .Also been in a town where the slabs were painted green white and gold with a hooded terrorist 

49 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

If all the bigots who follow the filthy sisters were to get banned for one thing or another there would be no Cnut left in their grounds, the reason these two rat infested clubs have as big a support is purely down to religion and bigotry 

Its certainly a big part of why they have such big followings.

Things like orange third strips or strips with a sash down the front are designed to play to those who perpetuate this sectarian nonsense. 

Or a club who bow to fan groups that exist to spread sectarian bile and hatred.

Both make a fortune out of it and can't survive without it. Hence why very little is done to stamp it out.

2 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

He is right tho. Its a societal problem. How many people when they hear their mates or colleagues start thay patter just laugh it off? f**king sick of hearing the pish these cretins spout and its allowed to happen not just by the authorities but by the ordinary joe that sticks their head in the sand and says..... aye but such and such is only a 90 minute bigot when its clear this pish breeds bad behaviour not only at the football but on the street. 

There’s your answer. Don’t have mates that consider this acceptable and call up colleagues every time it happens.

You don’t work at Hampden do you?

Slippy Stevie G bought into the garbage , all in. Here's part of His statement from earlier . Last line is a just a proper LOL. Presume he spouts the " minority " crap too.

" We've got one of the best fan bases in the world. They follow us in large numbers home and away and they have got a reputation for being the best supporters in the world.

"So when you hear stuff like this it damages that reputation. "

I

14 minutes ago, GCM said:

If UEFA check with the delegates at the following rounds they could be in major trouble, which would be brilliant.

The SFA as usual appear to be keeping their head in the sand, and saying nothing. 

Could be quite hilarious next week when the orcs respond by..... er....... signing more sectarian songs. They will never close the worst offending areas either as they will be too feart so it will be loud and clear. 

41 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

Slippy Stevie G bought into the garbage , all in. Here's part of His statement from earlier . Last line is a just a proper LOL. Presume he spouts the " minority " crap too.

" We've got one of the best fan bases in the world. They follow us in large numbers home and away and they have got a reputation for being the best supporters in the world.

"So when you hear stuff like this it damages that reputation. "

I

Drug and alcohol test required at a mr slippy G residence