UEFA Take Action on Rangers

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Apparently it was UEFA delegate Garry O'Hagen that reported that had reported Rangers for the Sectarian singing. Great work from our acting CEO.

AYE THE FAMOUS KILMARNOCK FC are getting the blame for the action. 

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/club-insider-provides-clarity-over-why-uefa-have-punished-rangers/

KILMARNOCK IN CAPITALS FFS. 

And as for the crush at Rugby Road. The guy on the phone is only crushed cause he's got a text from his wife to tell him she run off with a Celtic fan. 

Screenshot_20190823-213042~2.png

UEFA have given everyone in a position of power the opportunity to do something but as usual their bottle has crashed. 

It could get even more amusing if they retaliate. UEFA don’t like being poked and no doubt the Orcs will sing a little louder to make up for the missing numbers.

Tangerine kits in honour of their Dutch players? They really should get excuses sorted out.

Derek Ferguson and Michael Stewart in Rangers on-air ding-dong as pair clash over orange strips

Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side but Stewart claims the Ibrox side can do more in the wake of their UEFA sectarian hammer blow.

Derek Ferguson has labelled Michael Stewart "petty" after the pair were involved in a fierce debate over Rangers' role in sectarian chanting at Ibrox.

Ferguson and fellow BBC pundit Billy Dodds backed their former side over their full and frank reaction in the wake of UEFA's partial stadium closure for offensive singing within Ibrox.

At least 3000 supporters will miss Thursday's Europa League clash with Legia Warsaw on Thursday but Stewart reckons the club can do more and reckons binning orange strips is a must.

The club, Steven Gerrard and Dave King all delivered strong messages on Friday but the debate continues to rumble on.

The Ibrox side wore a 'tangerine' away kit last season but the former Hibs and Hearts midfielder reckons potential religious connotations means the colour should be scrapped.

Rangers previously had an orange kit in 2002/03 when the club was jam-packed with Dutch stars like Arthur Numan and Ronald De Boer.

But Stewart claims he isn't buying an ode to former players as the reason for the club choosing that look in recent seasons.

He told Sportsound : "To not recognise the connotations that has with no Dutch players being at the club and you think about 'what more can the club do?'.

"Well if you're not going to put out orange strips, I don't think anybody will say 'why are we not respecting the Dutch players from a generation a go'.

"So for the connotations that has now, it clearly doesn't help the situation. To say it's purely down to the Dutch players. Even if you take that at face value, what benefit is that having to the whole debate we are having right now."

But Derek Ferguson had heard enough.

He responded: "I think it's petty what you've come up with.

"I think it is petty. From the orange strips, I just think that's in respect to the Dutch boys.

"Rangers are a family and we don't forget. I am involved in Rangers legends games and I absolutely love getting together with the Dutch boys.

"They were at Rangers when it was a special time. They were on that journey."

But Stewart interjected: "But do you recognise that connotation that has now?

Ferguson bit back: "No, I don't. No.

"I am giving you my opinion Michael. It's a marketing ploy by Rangers in respect to the Dutch players.

"That's what I think.

"That (religious connotation) never even crossed my mind, there you go."

But Stewart kept going and probed further: "Do you not think that crosses the mind of a section of the club's supporters?

Ferguson replied: "I don't know, I cannot read minds."

Stewart doubled down on his point after Dodds got involved.

He added: "Clubs can wear whatever colour they want, you guys are making the suggestion, that the clubs are doing everything they can and I am countering that by saying 'no they are not'."