Aberdeen home, Fred

CB

The need for signings as clear as ever... 

But Aberdeen never looked like scoring and we should have won it last it with Burkes chance. 

Thought the defence and the midfield three were the excellent. If the new left back plays like that every week we are sorted. 

Lots of positives and a point against a team that usually beats us. Just now I d to add some players. 

Thought we controlled the game for large periods of time, wasn’t too much in the way of chances but we limited them to very little. Burkey round the keeper should finish but that’s a good point looking at the bigger picture, couple more attacking options we’ll be just fine. A shout to Gary dicker again best player on the park and our new left back looked good too. On the board now we go again !

Both teams set-up not to lose, we were marginally better as we actually created a chance from open play.

Very sound defensively, the back 4 all having good games (thought we were better with Bruce than  Leftback the pick of them.

Things to improve on....

Stop Brophy taking the free kicks, get the wingers and central mid closer to Brophy, AAs substitutions - Brophy off earlier as he was knackered +use or not of Kiltie as his subs weren’t going to change the result.

It’s a point on the board and a second clean sheet in a week. We looked as if we had some degree of a game plan especially without the ball. 

Defensively I thought we were sound. Good shape and lines. IMO we were more comfortable with Bruce than Broadfoot. Two different styles that dealt effectively with Cosgrove but Bruce’s seemed calmer and more rational. 

Again we lacked middle to front. Brophy ran himself into the ground but was feeding off scraps. Whoever they brought on to replace McKenna was rotten and I’d love to have seen us able to put him under real pressure. 

Thought Power and Dicker were excellent. Really dominated the Dons midfield. El Makrini was decent enough but he’s not the missing link in that team. Again asked to play a more advanced role. 

I don’t think we are too far away but we need to get the right players in and soon. We need fresh ideas and options in attack. 

14 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

What must Brophy be thinking? Absolutely knackered for no individual reward.

What about in the first half when he tried to beat 2 players (and failed) when burke and power were beside him. He done great to get there then got greedy.

Oh, and battering 2 great free kick chances against the wall

45 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

The need for signings as clear as ever... 

But Aberdeen never looked like scoring and we should have won it last it with Burkes chance. 

Thought the defence and the midfield three were the excellent. If the new left back plays like that every week we are sorted. 

Lots of positives and a point against a team that usually beats us. Just now I d to add some players. 

This is what I'm hoping for too. Haven't managed last week or this, but sounds similar to CQN/Hamilton... A bit more upfront and we'd be sitting with the win. 

Let's get those 2 guys in who will do this, and climb back up that table and pick up where we finished off last season!