Aberdeen home, Fred

CB

36 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I wonder if we've overrated Millar. Thought he was disappointing and didn't give the Aberdeen defence any real problems. Millar and Burke very rarely take on defenders so consequently Brophy doesn't get the ball at his feet. We looked solid at the back, tidy but not threatening in midfield, but played too many high balls that Brophy had no chance of getting. Desperately need another attacking midfielder and at least one more striker. Considering previous results against Aberdeen it was a decent result but there wasn't much to get enthused about either, particularly when they had to rearrange their defence with MacKenna going off. 

I think Millar’s touches are nice but his decision-making is poor. That’s why he’s here: to sharpen up. I’d have gone with Rory today but Millar will come onto a game I think.

2 clean sheets in a row ,  team looked solid defensively despite having a new Left back just in at the club and then losing a centre half .......midfield stopped Aberdeen from playing though us .....playing a team we always used to struggle at home too....

in a lot of ways we looked very similar to past couple of seasons ......apart from missing that ability to create and take chances ....with current squad do not feel any danger of relegation struggles

IF we can finally bring in 2 or 3 attacking creative quality additions then hopefully can compete for a top 6 placing 

I actually enjoyed the 2nd half, thought we were very calm and effective defensively... 3 men swarming Cosgrove every time he got the ball nullified him.

No one will be more disappointed than Burke that he didn't tuck away the game's best (only?) chance

Dicker was excellent, Power looked more like himself and the new boy had a decent first outing. I feel there were signs of the more expansive style promised, but we definitely lack the players in the final third who can complete the jigsaw.

As SC said, if you're not going to win make sure you don't lose :hurrah:

12 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

I’m not sure if Millar is a winger. Would like to see him played up top with his pace as Brophy has lost his. 

You don't need pace if you're constantly getting long balls fired at your upper body with your back to goal and a 6 feet 4 defender on your back. 

Edited by stewarty66

I was very satisfied with todays performance, thought the team put in a good shift, Bruce when he came on never put a foot wrong and looked so composed (Id keep him in for next week) Findlay comfortable,Dicker excellent Power back to his usual,the young Niko looks a player Brophy tireless, Burke will be kicking himself with that first touch which took him past the keeper but to far past.Were not too far away from giving someone a spanking.

Alessio thinking this system is working is beggars belief can count on 1 hand amount of shots on goal weve had since he took over. Ssc kept it tight but wee always had a threat going forward. Every single person ive spoken to say kiltie for makrini. Big shout out to the 2 irish guvnors in the middle of the park

Just now, iainmaccoll said:

Alessio thinking this system is working is beggars belief can count on 1 hand amount of shots on goal weve had since he took over. Ssc kept it tight but wee always had a threat going forward. Every single person ive spoken to say kiltie for makrini. Big shout out to the 2 irish guvnors in the middle of the park

I’d love to see your hand - how many fingers do you have!? Burke had two efforts today, Niko one. All good chances. We have also scored four. Broadfoot hit the bar.

We haven’t been great but we have had chances.

Makrini was good today.

21 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

Bruce-Nolan-From-Bruce-Almighty.JPG.jpg

6 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

How many saves did lewis make

How many did branescu need to make?  The sheep have spent a fair whack on their team and its no better than ours, given weve lost 8 players I'd say that's a good sign.  You however are no better then biscuits or miller and are eager for AA to fail.

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

How many did branescu need to make?  The sheep have spent a fair whack on their team and its no better than ours, given weve lost 8 players I'd say that's a good sign.  You however are no better then biscuits or miller and are eager for AA to fail.

Dont disagree were solid just saying wee could play all day and not score. Some morons on here just seem to take it as a personal insult at any criticism dished out about the team

41 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

SSC lost both home games against Aberdeen last season. 

And was more than happy with a point in the second at Pittodrie when we were short on numbers after Stewart going. 

A game in which we had zero shots. 

He's made a system work with what he's got and if Burke could hit an empty net we would have won. 

1 minute ago, iainmaccoll said:

Dont disagree were solid just saying wee could play all day and not score. Some morons on here just seem to take it as a personal insult at any criticism dished out about the team

I’d be more likely to take moron as a personal insult.

It is hardly a stretch for people to say you are wrong when you say we have had a maximum of four shots all season.

2 hours ago, Killiepie said:

I would start Bruce next week. Prefer him and Findlay rather than Broadfoot.   

I love Kirk, and have the past 2 seasons, but Bruce just has that little bit more finesse about him, a wee bit more assured on the ball and in the tackle - particularly in the air. 

Kirk still has a place in the squad, but AB should start beside Findlay for me too. 

AA has managed to improve from a total f**kin embarrassment of a manager to extraordinarily average. For some people where we are now may be acceptable but  for me he still has a mountain to climb. He has got to work out a way to create scoring chances. Nils all us better than a poke it really is bottom six at best. in the eye with a sharp stick but 

3 minutes ago, jesper said:

I love Kirk, and have the past 2 seasons, but Bruce just has that little bit more finesse about him, a wee bit more assured on the ball and in the tackle - particularly in the air. 

Kirk still has a place in the squad, but AB should start beside Findlay for me too. 

Same for me. KB has been terrific for us but has started the season very shakily. I think he has struggled the most in trying to adapt to the new style of bringing the ball out from the back. In every game he has fallen over the ball or something similar.

• CB locked and unlocked this topic