Craig Bryson

Barely noticed him yesterday. Dons fans have been a bit concerned by his performances from what I've heard. They are hoping it's just a lack of a match fitness. 

Might be that he's the osrt of player who's whole game goes to pieces once he loses a few yards of pace with age. 

He never had pace, his engine was his big attribute.

Thought he was too respectful yesterday (clapping the east stand before the game, not complaining) and would have been more aggressive had it not been us.

If he has been like this since coming back up then I’d be more alarmed but Dons fans are very hard to please and are really missing the extra ref on the pitch.

He breaks the lines in a way that we don’t have. And it’s a style alessio and conti had at juventus. Our midfielders don’t get beyond our strikers. Bryson - although clearly a bit ring rusty - showed this intelligence on 4 or 5 ocassions during the first half and it was the only time we looked threatened. 

Another class act that McInnes has no idea how to use, look at the Derby Boards from last season, the guy plays little passes and gets into goalscoring positions, he was played as their "first midfielder", far too deep and therefore ineffective. Very respectful to us as well, and noticeable that the only word in inverted commas about our pitch was "average", I'm guessing the other negative pish was added by our media friends.

• 3 weeks later...

Time will tell - but Don's fans not impressed. 

I wonder if he's they type of midfielder who drops massively when he's lost a few yards of pace? 

May well still be getting up to speed, but wild as it sounds, El Mekrini is the more useful player as things stand! 

Edited by mitch14

On 9/16/2019 at 9:40 AM, Beaker71 said:

Yep because his current manager hasn't a f**king clue how manage footballers.  If you're not a massive lump, or a hatchet man (or Niall McGinn), he simply ruins you.

Kenny Maclean getting a move to the prem and European finishes would suggest otherwise. He’s not a likeable manager but recruits well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 7:57 AM, Marshall said:

Did anyone else think he didn’t look anything special yesterday. Still same wee moaner having a go about pitch .Aberdeen are welcome to him ,we can do better.

dodged a bullet imo...... we could Ill afford to have wasted a wage on a guy who plays a couple of games then is out injured.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, skygod said:

Not much he could have done to avoid the tackle by Davidson (?).

Stand corrected if that's the case - the article I read suggested there was a recurring problem - 

"Midfielder Bryson, 33, will have surgery, having struggled with an ankle problem since joining in the summer."