Liam Miller - a good or a poor signing

William Gibson

In my opinion the latter. The ability to run fast is one attribute but more is needed to become a good footballer. Liam 's game structure is limited by his inability to kick with his left foot. Some people have a weaker foot, Liam has only one ,his right. When given a  free chance to run  from the left towards goal and get a strike  with his left foot as in the first half yesterday he tried to make an impossible pass to Brophy with his right foot.  You cannot be a team player when you have to stop and turn back on to your right foot. He also shows a lack of football nous. The chances that have come his way in the last two  home games have been snatched at, The suggestion that he should play through the middle is negated by his being easily pushed off the ball and lack of heading ability. I forecast like a candle the hype on this site about this boy will flicker and die as the season progresses.

Early days and I don’t think we saw anything like his overall skill level yesterday ..Clearly he didn’t have a good game  and I think is maybe lacking a bit in confidence and that affected his game. He needed to take a risk in losing the ball several times yesterday when in a decent position and didn’t seem willing to do that..Very hopeful he will come good

Disagree. He’s 19, fully capped at international level (and scored btw), signed a “long term” contract with the champions of Europe and played for them during preseason against Bradford. 

Key point here is he’s still only 19 years old and has to learn. No denying the guy has talent and his main attribute is his pace but we’re weren't on here having a go at him last season when he made 14 appearances for us, scoring against st mirren away to get us 3 points which you could argue was the difference between finishing 3rd to 4th last season. Most of us were desperate to get him back!! 

I rekon in 4/5 years time we’llbe talking about  Liam Millar and saying, “remember we had him on loan at the start of his career, would love to have him back now”. 

Why so quick to criticise???

2 minutes ago, langlands_killie said:

Way way to early to write someone off 

Especially on a Sunday morning. Should’ve given it until at least half past ten. 

Anyway, I went out for a couple of pints last night and a hun from the Kirkcaldy loyal supporters bus was over bugging me, telling me how s**t we were, why we’d struggle, and the the flaws in each and everyone of our players game. A couple of years ago he couldn’t have named our manager never mind do analysis of our squad. Coming on here is like that at the moment. Makes you wonder. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

Especially on a Sunday morning. Should’ve given it until at least half past ten. 

Anyway, I went out for a couple of pints last night and a hun from the Kirkcaldy loyal supporters bus was over bugging me, telling me how s**t we were, why we’d struggle, and the the flaws in each and everyone of our players game. A couple of years ago he couldn’t have named our manager never mind do analysis of our squad. Coming on here is like that at the moment. Makes you wonder. 

It does. There is one poster who castigates Jamie McDonald at every opportunity.

34 minutes ago, William Gibson said:

In my opinion the latter. The ability to run fast is one attribute but more is needed to become a good footballer. Liam 's game structure is limited by his inability to kick with his left foot. Some people have a weaker foot, Liam has only one ,his right. When given a  free chance to run  from the left towards goal and get a strike  with his left foot as in the first half yesterday he tried to make an impossible pass to Brophy with his right foot.  You cannot be a team player when you have to stop and turn back on to your right foot. He also shows a lack of football nous. The chances that have come his way in the last two  home games have been snatched at, The suggestion that he should play through the middle is negated by his being easily pushed off the ball and lack of heading ability. I forecast like a candle the hype on this site about this boy will flicker and die as the season progresses.

You've really put some effort into that pile of pish

51 minutes ago, William Gibson said:

WHAT A LOAD Of FCUKING TRIPE !!!!