Liam Miller - a good or a poor signing

William Gibson

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Too much pressure was put on him due to the lack of other signings. If a seven million pounds player at Celtic needs time, we should probably cut a young loan player some slack. 

Exactly this. Just a young lad and too much expectation was placed on him. Will become a decent player but is still young and has time to develop. 

11 hours ago, William Gibson said:

In my opinion the latter. The ability to run fast is one attribute but more is needed to become a good footballer. Liam 's game structure is limited by his inability to kick with his left foot. Some people have a weaker foot, Liam has only one ,his right. When given a  free chance to run  from the left towards goal and get a strike  with his left foot as in the first half yesterday he tried to make an impossible pass to Brophy with his right foot.  You cannot be a team player when you have to stop and turn back on to your right foot. He also shows a lack of football nous. The chances that have come his way in the last two  home games have been snatched at, The suggestion that he should play through the middle is negated by his being easily pushed off the ball and lack of heading ability. I forecast like a candle the hype on this site about this boy will flicker and die as the season progresses.

You really are a feckin loonball....

11 hours ago, William Gibson said:

In my opinion the latter. The ability to run fast is one attribute but more is needed to become a good footballer. Liam 's game structure is limited by his inability to kick with his left foot. Some people have a weaker foot, Liam has only one ,his right. When given a  free chance to run  from the left towards goal and get a strike  with his left foot as in the first half yesterday he tried to make an impossible pass to Brophy with his right foot.  You cannot be a team player when you have to stop and turn back on to your right foot. He also shows a lack of football nous. The chances that have come his way in the last two  home games have been snatched at, The suggestion that he should play through the middle is negated by his being easily pushed off the ball and lack of heading ability. I forecast like a candle the hype on this site about this boy will flicker and die as the season progresses.

Well done Willie. Your objective to be the most nonsensical low volume contributor is almost certainly achieved. Perhaps a few supportive words in favour of the numpties from Ibrox could be the topic of your 5th.

12 hours ago, DAN-MCNASTY said:

I thought he had a good game and was very surprised to see him taken off. 

Thought he was poorer than normal, mostly due to bad decisions. Rather than pass to Brophy he should've driven into box, could've been a shot or an easier cutback. Might have been told to do this but i don't understand why he didn't make the run in behind more, plenty space especially first half but he stood rooted to half way line. Burkey made the run plenty times second half and got some luck. He's young and i fully expect him to come good and do something special this season. Needs to keep playing.  

13 hours ago, DAN-MCNASTY said:

I thought he had a good game and was very surprised to see him taken off. 

me too. I thought he looked our best threat. Reminded me a bit of JJ....got us up the park quickly and threatened to produce something that didn't quite have an end product. He will  improve and provide more than JJ did.

23 hours ago, Lroy said:

Oh, fellow mods! Idea: How about if your reputation is below a certain level you can't start a thread?

Nice sentiment but I wouldn't want to see anyone automatically excluded no matter how much of a fud they are. And there is a danger that those who are brace enough to voice unpopular opinions - but argue their point in a reasoned way - might be downvoted until they are muted.

Here's an alternative suggestion. Particular popular posts generate a heart icon and catch the eye as something worth reading. If someone's thoughts are so poorly expressed  they get 20 reddies could it be marked with an icon such as a steaming turd.

I could be wrong, but personally I feel AA is giving him a straight start run as a test. Adjusted movements and positioning game to game, helping for him to find his best spot/role/style. Having a small run without the challenge of being replaced might allow Liam to really relax into the squad. I'm not saying he should just get in unchallenged for the season, but I would keep him in for a few more games before considering whether he should be on the bench. I realise there is faults to that, but is suspect this is what is happening.

2 hours ago, Jon said:

Nice sentiment but I wouldn't want to see anyone automatically excluded no matter how much of a fud they are. And there is a danger that those who are brace enough to voice unpopular opinions - but argue their point in a reasoned way - might be downvoted until they are muted.

Here's an alternative suggestion. Particular popular posts generate a heart icon and catch the eye as something worth reading. If someone's thoughts are so poorly expressed  they get 20 reddies could it be marked with an icon such as a steaming turd.

I’m sure @Lroy was just having a wee joke. We do all our real scheming on the top secret mods forum.

Completely wasted stuck out wide. Try him deep lying 10 , running at people from the middle with the option to go out wide either way. Also gives him the option to run from deep into channels using his pace. Couldn't believe he was subbed on Saturday. Was isolated and tracking back. Give him free licence to go wherevever

1 minute ago, aldo71 said:

Completely wasted stuck out wide. Try him deep lying 10 , running at people from the middle with the option to go out wide either way. Also gives him the option to run from deep into channels using his pace. Couldn't believe he was subbed on Saturday. Was isolated and tracking back. Give him free licence to go wherevever

Not sure he's technically good enough to play the no.10 role, but if/when we end up 3-5-2 I could see him playing upfront on occasion against slower centre-backs e.g. against Motherwell, Hearts, Livi etc.

In terms of that no.10 role, I'd love to see Burke be given a run there. Think he could really thrive.

4 hours ago, Jon said:

It's a fairly standard anti-spam practice in the world of internet forums, and has been for some time.

But then I've heard that @Lroy is stuck in the 90s anyway....

24 minutes ago, CDM1992 said:

Think he’ll turn into an alright signing but he’s been fortunate to get as many minutes as he has so far as he’s been poor

You think he has been poor so far!?

Millar was voted man of the match in his first start vs Hamilton by this forum. He came on as a sub in his 2nd game and assisted the winner vs hamilton and then in his 3rd game vs Aberdeen he was the most direct and threatening player... (outside of hammy at left back)

We all agree he clearly he has to work on his decision making and his final ball but he’s 19 and still developing. If he was the finished article he wouldn’t be on loan. He signed a 5 year deal at LFC... Klopp obviously thinks highly of him he’s here to learn  which will only come with playing time...

He will be a great signing... 

someone lock this stupid thread we are 3 games into his return loan...a bit early to make judgments 

Edited by Spitfire

20 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

You think he has been poor so far!?

Millar was voted man of the match in his first start vs Hamilton by this forum. He came on as a sub in his 2nd game and assisted the winner vs hamilton and then in his 3rd game vs Aberdeen he was the most direct and threatening player... (outside of hammy at left back)

We all agree he clearly he has to work on his decision making and his final ball but he’s 19 and still developing. If he was the finished article he wouldn’t be on loan. He signed a 5 year deal at LFC... Klopp obviously thinks highly of him he’s here to learn  which will only come with playing time...

He will be a great signing... 

someone lock this stupid thread we are 3 games into his return loan...a bit early to make judgments 

Sorry for having an opinion, also weird that it’s ‘too early to make judgements’ but you think he’s been good so far and will be a great signing....The first Hamilton game he got as it was his first game back (why anyone was given MOTM I’ll never know) and I honestly can’t see what you did on Saturday, he was in no way threatening, Rory done more in the 20 minutes he got! 

Edited by CDM1992

In the same way an interested JJ caused teams lots of problems with his pace alone, LM will become a very good player for us due to his sheer athleticism.

The brutal Hamilton foul the other week was a sign of the fear he will strike in to teams in this league. 

Give him time, even though I know the OP was a troll.