Dario Del Fabro

jam1869

38 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You're actually expecting Mulumbu level players? We got him because Steve Clarke managed to wangle in when nobody else seemed to want to touch him. You're deluded if you're expecting players of that level.

Not only Mulumbu but Eremenko too.

Bachmann and Stewart were also top drawer for us.

I think most of our fans would expect AA with his CV to be able to loan in a similar quality of player.

If rumours of O'Hara being tracked are true, I think it casts doubt on his having a transfer strategy.

Just now, skygod said:

Not only Mulumbu but Eremenko too.

Bachmann and Stewart were also top drawer for us.

I think most of our fans would expect AA with his CV to be able to loan in a similar quality of player.

If rumours of O'Hara being tracked are true, I think it casts doubt on his having a transfer strategy.

That's not what he was saying. He was saying he wants players who have played at the top level, who everyone knows about and knows how great they are. We're hugely unlikely to attract ex-EPL players with loads of regular appearances unless we get very lucky or AA has a miracle up his sleeve.

Bachmann was very much a similar type signing to this.

33 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

He has signed 2 players on loan from Juventus. What other manager that was on our radar do you think could have done similar?

Poyet would had loads of EPL  connections. These guys's haven't played for Juventus. Probably dont even train with the first team

12 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

We're trying to sign a player on loan who, by all accounts is a white version of Patrick Viera.

What are you expecting- a purple Patrick Viera? 

Some people are never happy. 

Viera cant wait. why is he coming to us? why cant he get a game where he is if he is a version of viera. Barry bannan not the scottish messi. That never really worked out

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Viera cant wait. why is he coming to us? why cant he get a game where he is if he is a version of viera. Barry bannan not the scottish messi. That never really worked out

Give it a by your doing my tits right in man. 

You've had it in for AA since day one.

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You think Poyet, who was never interested, would have brought in guys who are playing football at EPL level?

Nope but he would have contacts is what I said. Bowie said he was getting a manager with experience. Mind you he also says we will challenge the old firm in the next 5 years and have the best manager in the league. None of what he said is true

Just now, Decripit said:

Please guys do not respond to this Andy123 character.  He is obviously a old firm interloper.  Or a country cousin from the dark side of Ayrshire. 

No he isnt. Why would I waste my time if I was an old firm fan????  Been going to killie games for years. For some reason always remember stevie Fulton number 8. But cheers for your response you silly little boy:2:

Just now, andy123 said:

Nope but he would have contacts is what I said. Bowie said he was getting a manager with experience. Mind you he also says we will challenge the old firm in the next 5 years and have the best manager in the league. None of what he said is true

So Serie A contacts don't count?

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Give it a by your doing my tits right in man. 

You've had it in for AA since day one.

I've said from day 1 before the game in wales he wasn't good enough for us. What happened to managers learning their trade in the lower leagues. But remember when you all turn on AA by Christmas time and want him out the grief you gave me. 

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

So Serie A contacts don't count?

Not really the same as the  contacts Clarke had. If he brings in a mulumbu type player then I will stand corrected. Cant help but feel we have taken a massive step back. When clarke was here we were building a future. The next managerial appointment was key and I think bowie got it wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. but if we dont finish top 6 I'm afraid that's a backwards step. Was never expecting 3rd again but was expecting top 6 and a run in europa league until we met a half decent team 

4 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Not really the same as the  contacts Clarke had. If he brings in a mulumbu type player then I will stand corrected. Cant help but feel we have taken a massive step back. When clarke was here we were building a future. The next managerial appointment was key and I think bowie got it wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. but if we dont finish top 6 I'm afraid that's a backwards step. Was never expecting 3rd again but was expecting top 6 and a run in europa league until we met a half decent team 

Steve Clarke did a hell of a lot of good work but as we found out on day 1 of pre season building a future wasn’t one of them. Everything he did was very much for the here and now. We were left with a threadbare squad suited to only one style of play. 

There is of course an argument that planning for the future is not the managers responsibility. He is judged on what happens in a week to week, month to month basis. The club should have had the infrastructure in place to take us forward and hopefully they are working to get that in place now. 

I keep reading people going on about AA’s “contacts” but aren’t these contacts just no more than fan speculation?

Aye he’s worked with Conte and coached at big clubs but doesn’t mean he can just pick up the phone and get big players to rock up at Rugby Park like some people are expecting. 

Edited by Armstrong86

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

If you want to judge success by the standard of Clarke and Mulumbu you are going to be waiting a very, very long time. 

A once in a lifetime manager and a player who should never have been anywhere near the club quality wise. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Steve Clarke did a hell of a lot of good work but as we found out on day 1 of pre season building a future wasn’t one of them. Everything he did was very much for the here and now. We were left with a threadbare squad suited to only one style of play. 

There is of course an argument that planning for the future is not the managers responsibility. He is judged on what happens in a week to week, month to month basis. The club should have had the infrastructure in place to take us forward and hopefully they are working to get that in place now. 

Exactly - he did what he said he hoped to, to restore the club to where he thought it belonged.

It was up to the club to build on that. Maybe building on it involves a backward step but football fans are impatient and a better start would have put more credit in the bank.

Plus, of course, the revelation that the club's off-field operation is woefully lacking.

17 minutes ago, andy123 said:

No he isnt. Why would I waste my time if I was an old firm fan????  Been going to killie games for years. For some reason always remember stevie Fulton number 8. But cheers for your response you silly little boy:2:

If you are this overly pessimistic, critical , argumentative and doon laden on every single thread ad nauseam  ....what were you like when our team was getting humped each week under likes of Locke, McCulloch , AJ and the last 2 seasons of life under JJ?

2 minutes ago, Armstrong86 said:

I keep reading people going on about AA’s “contacts” but aren’t these contacts just more than fan speculation?

Aye he’s worked with Conte and coached at big clubs but doesn’t mean he can just pick up the phone and get big players to rock up at Rugby Park like some people are expecting. 

sense at last. Exactly what I'm trying to say.  Yes mulumbu only came to us as a favour to Clarke. But that was due to the manager Clarke had been. AA hasn't been a manager so what favours can he call in? None up to now anyway, yes we have juventus players on loan. But how many times have these boys played for Juventus?? Italian international???? Not really hasn't played a game for the first team or even been picked in the squad. Folk on here saying they didnt want lafferty haha madness. Would be straight in our first team and we probably would had beat a s**te Aberdeen team n got 3 points on the board 

8 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

If you want to judge success by the standard of Clarke and Mulumbu you are going to be waiting a very, very long time. 

A once in a lifetime manager and a player who should never have been anywhere near the club quality wise. 

ok that means we as a club are going backwards. I bought into Bowie's we are building for a better future talk. So back to relegation fights is it?  We had a little extra income this season, chance for abit more with a run in europe. Was a great opportunity to improve us as a club and attract better players. Feels like we have gone back to Johnstone/ locke instead of forwards

9 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

If you are this overly pessimistic, critical , argumentative and doon laden on every single thread ad nauseam  ....what were you like when our team was getting humped each week under likes of Locke, McCulloch , AJ and the last 2 seasons of life under JJ?

Most the threads are nonsense. 

27 minutes ago, andy123 said:

I've said from day 1 before the game in wales he wasn't good enough for us. What happened to managers learning their trade in the lower leagues. But remember when you all turn on AA by Christmas time and want him out the grief you gave me. 

So that’s from day one then? Like I said. 

I’ll not be turning on AA at all. 

Your giving yourself grief by talking complete s**te on a regular basis.