Who would you drop

Killie wanderer

CB will be tough. I wouldn’t say Findlay and Broadfoot were in their best form. Bruce strolled it in his two games and Del Fabro looked the part yesterday. I don’t expect us to disrupt the back line too much as we want a strong defensive unit. 

If O’Hara and/or another more attack minded midfielder comes in the I reckon it will be El Makrini who drops out in certain fixtures. 

Likewise wide and upfront it will depend on the opponents. Good squad depth will mean no guaranteed starters

18 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I think we will see more rotation. Kirk may be one to drift out of regular start. If we get a couple of strikers in brophy would benefit from a spell on the bench. The most controversial may be Burke. I’m not sure he will be a certain starter going forward.

I thought defence and central defence in particular was regarded as a unit that worked best with as few changes as possible. Only changes should be for injury, suspension, or loss of form. Could understand it more if we were overloaded in midfield or attack where substitutions are more common during a match. 

Drop El Makrini. If the boss does want to play his 3-5-2 then Findlay, Bruce and Del Fabro at center half, O Donnell and Hamalainnen wing backs, Power, Dicker and O’Hara perhaps as midfield followed by Burke and Brophy up top. Hopefully we get some Italian strikers too that provide better options up front..

2 minutes ago, jamiekfc said:

If you want to drop McKenzie instead of Miller you are absolutely at it

Two of our top performers yesterday. Miller sprinted half the length of the pitch leaving everyone in his wake to set up our goal.  Rory covered every blade of grass, winning tackles and pushing forward when he could.  Nobody deserves automatic selection but it's good to have strong options like these two guys.

16 minutes ago, zinger said:

Two of our top performers yesterday. Miller sprinted half the length of the pitch leaving everyone in his wake to set up our goal.  Rory covered every blade of grass, winning tackles and pushing forward when he could.  Nobody deserves automatic selection but it's good to have strong options like these two guys.

I agree. Was just stating if it was between the two I’d choose McKenzie every time at the minute

1 hour ago, jamiekfc said:

If you want to drop McKenzie instead of Miller you are absolutely at it

In the small bit of the game I saw yesterday Miller ran the length of the park to set up the goal .... McKenzie shat out of shooting (after making himself space) and passed to a marked man then on the next attack passed to two defenders from another decent position.

7 minutes ago, chubbs said:

In the small bit of the game I saw yesterday Miller ran the length of the park to set up the goal .... McKenzie shat out of shooting (after making himself space) and passed to a marked man then on the next attack passed to two defenders from another decent position.

I was at the game and didn’t see as much from Rory as others evidently have. There’s no question that he tries (though I do think that should be a bare minimum expectation) and that’s definitely a major positive. But he can’t tackle when tracking back, and there’s very rarely any end product when going forward. A better player would have taken that glaring chance yesterday. A decent squad option and regularly A+ for effort but I’d still be of the view that he’d struggle to hold down a starting spot in a squad with more attacking options. That said, he’s certainly had his moments - Livi away last season was a superb performance.

Edited by Travis

I thought McKenzie was excellent. There’s room for guys like him in the team/squad. He doesn’t pose a big enough goal threat for me. Considering he was more of a striker coming through the ranks he doesn’t seem overly comfortable at times in the final third. His work rate and other aspects of his game are unquestionable but we need the goals and creativity as well

4 hours ago, Dcktid91 said:

Mckenzie

He was one of the best players again yesterday. So obviously you'd bench him.

I was at the game and he was my MoM... he is an intelligent player.. can play in multiple positions, makes good runs, finds space as well as closing down opposition players.

He will never be the standout player who does a piece of magic once a season... he is a great squad player that most SPL teams would pick.

'If' he wants to move to a 3-5-2, it is a system which relies on two full backs, presumably SOD and Hamalainen.  None of Burke, McKenzie Liam Millar, or Calvin Miller would seem to fit into that. That is of course 'if' it goes to 3-5-2. 

Although McKenzie, Burke, Millar could form part of the 2 up front of course, if there are strikers coming in tomorrow, that would negate that idea as well.

Edited by Jedi2

8 minutes ago, Travis said:

I was at the game and didn’t see as much from Rory as others evidently have. There’s no question that he tries (though I do think that should be a bare minimum expectation) and that’s definitely a major positive. But he can’t tackle when tracking back, and there’s very rarely any end product when going forward. A better player would have taken that glaring chance yesterday. A decent squad option and regularly A+ for effort but I’d still be of the view that he’d struggle to hold down a starting spot in a squad with more attacking options. That said, he’s certainly had his moments - Livi away last season was a superb performance.

Exactly this

No question he puts in effort, but we are all looking for creativity in that area and he doesn't supply too much of that

Takes wrong option too many times for me

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

Miller lost the ball countless times yesterday. Rory retains the ball really well and has moments of magic to go with it. I like both (both offer different things imo) but for me at the minute I’d choose McKenzie if it’s a decision of one or the other. 

1 hour ago, drmurray said:

He was one of the best players again yesterday. So obviously you'd bench him.

I was at the game and he was my MoM... he is an intelligent player.. can play in multiple positions, makes good runs, finds space as well as closing down opposition players.

He will never be the standout player who does a piece of magic once a season... he is a great squad player that most SPL teams would pick.

Intelligent is not a word I'd ever use to describe him on the pitch ... can play in multiple positions - not very good in them all, makes good runs - twice a season, finds space -- when he's supposed to be marking someone, closes down opposition players -- unless they have the ball.

15 hours ago, piffer said:

CB will be tough. I wouldn’t say Findlay and Broadfoot were in their best form. Bruce strolled it in his two games and Del Fabro looked the part yesterday. I don’t expect us to disrupt the back line too much as we want a strong defensive unit. 

If O’Hara and/or another more attack minded midfielder comes in the I reckon it will be El Makrini who drops out in certain fixtures. 

Likewise wide and upfront it will depend on the opponents. Good squad depth will mean no guaranteed starters

Bruce has pretty much strolled it whenever I've seen him. He's handling the SPL comfortably. 

6 hours ago, FTAD said:

Rory is a smashing squad player. His work rate and commitment cannrsrelt be called into question. However, his decision making and intelligence leave a lot to be desired and I think undermine his ability. 

He's very much a modern forward player.

Most managers would pick him ahead of Dom Thomas or Kiltie as he offers far more defensively.