Bye Bye Broaders

Dazza

Kirk's better half who spread the rumours about players not liking Angelo and his training methods is now saying he's played his last game for the club. Suddenly the Hendry interest makes sense. Vilified before he'd even kicked a ball for us, I thought he stuck to the task well and despite some scary moments was a decent squad member for us and leaves with my thanks.

If true, sorry to hear this. I wonder if he has been advised not to play again because of the head injuries he has suffered in the last year. If there is any doubt at all of a long-term problem in that regard, I would certainly not want him to risk it. Kirk is not a guy who can play without throwing himself 100% into every challenge. 

2 minutes ago, CristopheCocard said:

A club sanction making him go rather than a show of solidarity possibly??

Not sure if its a sanction, probably more likely to be be chosen to attend as he's a senior pro, is local and was available at the time.

2 minutes ago, The Hunter said:

Bit harsh!? I thought he was excellent for us over the last 2yrs! Considering he looked like he had 2 left feet under Mcculloch. If he goes, well done and thanks Kirk. At least he wasn’t one of these ex old firm players who never tried a pound. He loved beating the Huns!

The 0-1 game at Ibrox, Rangers posted the video of the teams in the tunnel and Kirk is touching the Rangers badge above the entrance before he proceeds to play a blinder and celebrate as much as anyone at the end. That and his running over to celebrate in front of the Rangers fans whenever we scored at Rugby Park surely would have won over even the biggest sceptic. 

3 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Broadfoot has been a real leader and good player for us. Sadly his legs are starting to go much like Alex Bruce tbf. Hendry in makes sense if this is the case. Hopefully not as he is a good s**thouser and we lack that. 

Alex Bruce has looked nothing other than excellent every time he has taken the field.  He has never been quick and uses his experience as KB has.  Both of these guys will be excellent for Findlay and others around them.

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Broadfoot has been a real leader and good player for us. Sadly his legs are starting to go much like Alex Bruce tbf. Hendry in makes sense if this is the case. Hopefully not as he is a good s**thouser and we lack that. 

I'd love to hear your reasoning for saying Bruce's legs are going. Certainly weren't yesterday when he strolled the 90 mins, handling one of the league's quickest and most direct forwards in the process. His game has never been about pace, but more about good positioning and timing. 

An absolute mainstay of the SSC team and a cult hero to boot. Think where we'd have been if he hadn't conspired to get Ryan Jack sent off two years ago.

Love the big guy, all the best to him.

ETA - his goal in front of 2500 away fans at Hamilton, and his wild celebrations in front of the Moffat end after Findlay's winner against Celtic. What a guy.

Edited by Estragon