Bye Bye Broaders

Dazza

46 minutes ago, Button87 said:

Signing for Greenock Morton 

Think it's more likely to be St Mirren - hence the wee joke about signing for Morton probably. No love lost between those two, and can't see them being overly welcoming to a St Mirren 'legend'.

As for Broadfoot, it appears clear enough that he's spreading muck on Alessio given a few lines appearing in stories about him. No matter how good a player he's been for us he should have a bit more respect for the club and simply part with a positive message, like GT has just managed. We've just allowed a senior player to walk out on his contract, a bit of gratitude wouldn't go amiss.

7 hours ago, Travis said:

As for Broadfoot, it appears clear enough that he's spreading muck on Alessio given a few lines appearing in stories about him. No matter how good a player he's been for us he should have a bit more respect for the club and simply part with a positive message. 

I suspect Kirk hasn’t appreciated the feedback he got for his defending against CQN. His form had tailed off in the last six months or so anyway, so I think it’s a good move for everyone involved. 

If Kirk wasn't happy it's probably better he moved on. There definitely was a dwelling from folk that Sir Steve has gone not just from the fans but it seems from the players. Reading between the lines from some of the things Dicker has been saying the new setup is very different to Sir Steve. But it was always going to be. The team are playing better now but I do think nobody likes change when things are going well. 

Sir Steve has moved on and everybody, players included need to accept this. End of the day he has chosen not to be with us. AA is a totally different coach in probably every department. 

The slightly disappointing thing is from interviews by the players nobody has come out and said what a good coach AA is and that everybody is behind him, just that his style is different. 

In Broadfoots case looks like he and the new coaching team just didn't see eye to eye. I'm hoping it's just him and we all pull in the right direction now! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

Sad that the now legendary back four of O’Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay and Taylor is gone. Two seasons when picking the defence was almost automatic. An era is getting shorter these days...McLean, Clarke, McDicken and Robertson seemed to go on for about a decade!

Because we wouldn’t let them leave!

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

Sad that the now legendary back four of O’Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay and Taylor is gone. Two seasons when picking the defence was almost automatic. An era is getting shorter these days...McLean, Clarke, McDicken and Robertson seemed to go on for about a decade!

Still, 3 clean sheets in our last 3 games......

15 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Going to be hearing a lot more about Broadfoot and not seeing eye-to-eye with AA in tomorrow's papers, or so I hear...

Disappointing given the club released him from his contract rather than demanding some sort of fee.

Hope this isn't the case , and if so does not go into too much detail or make accusations...not sure of the benefit to anyone in the long run......other than a disgruntled player venting in public 

players fall out with Managers/coaches all the time or are not in a new Manager's plans and moved on......

Edited by Scouser2

15 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

We should have made him sign an NDA as part of the release. If he criticises AA that will damage the club and won’t achieve much. Indeed it may look petulant and backfire on Broadfoot in the longer term. 

As much as I love KB, after a 10-game ban for alleged on-field sectarian abuse while at Rotherham, I don't Broaders would be too put off by a bit of backlash in getting something off his chest. 

Hope he doesn't right enough. 

Edited by jesper
Word change