On Board...In Person

KillieFC

onboardinperson.png.84afac2aaaa8db44664a94a4c3aeec94.png

On Board - In Person is an opportunity for all Killie Trust members and subscribers to the Trust In Killie initiative to meet with their representative on the Kilmarnock Football Club Board of Directors, Cathy Jamieson, and get the inside track on what is happening and ask a few questions for themselves. The Trust hope to make this a quarterly event and each time Cathy will ask at least one other person from the Club to join her on the forum to broaden the scope of conversation.

You can book your place at the event - HERE

I'd pay the £10 trust membership fee to see DrewWylie go to this!!! Big keyboard warrior constantly having a dig at Cathy Jamieson but I'd wager she's knock ten shades of s**t out of him with one hand tied behind her back. Come on big man are you gemme or all you all just talk? LMFAO

:12:

7 hours ago, chubbs said:

After the way the board have performed since the end of last season she should give this a miss ... especially after her bulls**t tweets today.

Maybe she’s brave enough to stand up there and answer questions, maybe it should be all three of them given what’s been happening and all the changes? Whatever the case at least someone is willing to face the music despite all the dummy throwing and petulant comments. I’m surprised she’s still there given the behaviour of some Killie fans, I’m surprised any of them want to stick around after what they delivered last year, with a full season in front of us to try and do what they can, but being given very little support or understanding from the fan base. Be careful what you wish for and remember where we were headed not that long ago, short memories abound.

I don't think we need to go into minute detail but personally I would like to know where the board stand at the moment and if progress is being made in finding a new CEO. Did the club take on too much during the close season by replacing the pitch, upgrading the sports bar, and creating a new gym for the players ? 

• baz unpinned and pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, baz said:

The Club have a #1 target for the position and are in talks already for someone to take on a Football Operations role. They are also appointing a new Club Secretary who should be announced soon. The Club have been trying to nail the best people for these new positions for a while now and they are also looking to appoint new people in other more specific roles to deal with problems like that which we've encountered over the summer. It's a whole restructuring and things won't all get held up putting everything through one person any longer. Had this all been in place earlier things might have gone a lot more smoothly, but that's a whole different issue and not something that can be remedied with hindsight.

When I was still on the Trust Board I saw first hand how difficult things were in the background and how much effort those involved had to put in. I dare say that has only got more intense with all the departures, but they were necessary to wipe the slate clean and I am hopeful that we are starting to see things go in an upwards trajectory again which will see improvement on all fronts off and on the park. In my opinion the Club Board has to expand and we should be actively seeking more people with ideas, know how and, of course, investment. I'd be willing to forego them all making investment as long as they brought something to the table that benefited the Club! Am I happy with the transfer deadline day results? Probably not; but I think overall we've recruited fairly well and hopefully we'll see some actual signings and minimise the loans when the backroom set is complete.

As far as I'm aware AA had someone in last week to talk about a proposal for a scouting network, hopefully something comes of that as well.

Great. This is what we need to hear and once these positions are filled, I'm sure we will move on smoothly. Still got full confidence in BB and the Board to get us through this period of relative (and that is an important word here) difficult situations.

11 minutes ago, baz said:

The Club have a #1 target for the position and are in talks already for someone to take on a Football Operations role. They are also appointing a new Club Secretary who should be announced soon. The Club have been trying to nail the best people for these new positions for a while now and they are also looking to appoint new people in other more specific roles to deal with problems like that which we've encountered over the summer. It's a whole restructuring and things won't all get held up putting everything through one person any longer. Had this all been in place earlier things might have gone a lot more smoothly, but that's a whole different issue and not something that can be remedied with hindsight.

When I was still on the Trust Board I saw first hand how difficult things were in the background and how much effort those involved had to put in. I dare say that has only got more intense with all the departures, but they were necessary to wipe the slate clean and I am hopeful that we are starting to see things go in an upwards trajectory again which will see improvement on all fronts off and on the park. In my opinion the Club Board has to expand and we should be actively seeking more people with ideas, know how and, of course, investment. I'd be willing to forego them all making investment as long as they brought something to the table that benefited the Club! Am I happy with the transfer deadline day results? Probably not; but I think overall we've recruited fairly well and hopefully we'll see some actual signings and minimise the loans when the backroom set is complete.

As far as I'm aware AA had someone in last week to talk about a proposal for a scouting network, hopefully something comes of that as well.

All good to hear and thanks for the update. 

Just wish the club were a bit more communicative with things like this. 

25 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Great. This is what we need to hear and once these positions are filled, I'm sure we will move on smoothly. Still got full confidence in BB and the Board to get us through this period of relative (and that is an important word here) difficult situations.

I'm the same, I can understand why folk are frustrated but I can't understand the irrational toys out the pram nonsense that I've read most the summer.

53 minutes ago, baz said:

Thanks Baz, appreciate that information. 

Thanks for the update Baz.

Doesn't change things that the board have taken their eye off the ball and let things slip backwards over the past few months.  I don't see how the pitch, Sports Bar and gym can be blamed unless BB was constantly standing there with a measuring tape and spirit level checking everything himself.

Some fans will have less confidence in them after recent events (not just deadline day) and they have to work on getting back where they were 4-5 months ago

Billy Bowie was actually in helping the staff with the paperwork late last night, Cathy Jamieson as well. He probably didn't have a spirit level and measuring tape with him but it was all hands to the pumps and a massively long shift for some. Bet it felt wonderful getting abuse hurled at them after that!

18 hours ago, ParkHotel said:

Billy Bowie was actually in helping the staff with the paperwork late last night, Cathy Jamieson as well. He probably didn't have a spirit level and measuring tape with him but it was all hands to the pumps and a massively long shift for some. Bet it felt wonderful getting abuse hurled at them after that!

Exactly - saw folk compare it MJ's tenure, I mean....really?!

On 9/2/2019 at 11:52 PM, boaby said:

I'd pay the £10 trust membership fee to see DrewWylie go to this!!! Big keyboard warrior constantly having a dig at Cathy Jamieson but I'd wager she's knock ten shades of s**t out of him with one hand tied behind her back. Come on big man are you gemme or all you all just talk? LMFAO

:12:

I’m booked , anything I say in relation to her about politicians isn’t personal , I just have a severe dislike to them all 

On 9/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, baz said:

Thanks for the update. Very encouraging to hear that the whole setup is being reviewed, not just a couple of key posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket 'sales' to this closed yesterday but we've had requests to re-open registration, so we have and they will be available until 5pm this evening. SLO Allen Kyle is scheduled to make an appearance and we believe that Phyllis McLeish will also be there so there will be a good chance if you have questions to ask that there will be someone on hand to answer it. This event is free to all active Trust members and TIK subscribers...this is YOUR representative on the Club Board so get yourself along and hear what's being said if you can.