SIGNING INCOMING

Scott.118

36 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Chris, I know what you are saying, but I really don't think he tried to badly injure the player. He wanted to make sure he took him out the game, not injure him. 

As I said above, respect your opinion, but this is mine. If you want a really bad example of a player trying to "do" another player, look at Larssons stamp into Gus's shin at Parkhead. Now for me, that was vicious especially as Larsson wears long studs in all the positions in his boots. One of the reasons he caught his studs in the turf and broke his leg if you recall.

Caldwell on Fernandez.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Unless their is a bus of Italian players heading down the A77 from Glasgow airport as we speak,  it’s hard to imagine we are gonna add the necessary numbers today.

Today was always going to be about loan deals. If a brilliant opportunity came up to pay a nominal fee e.g. for a player then possibly that may have happened. If we're to bring in a 'marquee' name then it'll come in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Today was always going to be about loan deals. If a brilliant opportunity came up to pay a nominal fee e.g. for a player then possibly that may have happened. If we're to bring in a 'marquee' name then it'll come in the next few weeks.

I know this is the typical view. But Celtic spent over 2 million today and rangers are allegedly offering 7 million. We have a much lower status in the food chain but a policy of “ we don’t pay transfer fees” is frankly naive and damaging. If we got money through a transfer and feel we can improve and sell on this player ( who wages are acceptable) we should surely do it. The Taylor transfer has been odds on to go through for a fortnight. I hope there a few deals that just need oiled with some of the GT monies. Not the lions share but a few hindered k could be reinvested in the playing staff. 

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

“I under the Ayrshire club are looking to bring in a number of new signings before the window shuts tonight.”

‘I’ being Jonathan Sutherland, not I, you understand.

'I' appears to be missing a 'stand' Perhaps it was closed by UEFA

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I know this is the typical view. But Celtic spent over 2 million today and rangers are allegedly offering 7 million. We have a much lower status in the food chain but a policy of “ we don’t pay transfer fees” is frankly naive and damaging. If we got money through a transfer and feel we can improve and sell on this player ( who wages are acceptable) we should surely do it. The Taylor transfer has been odds on to go through for a fortnight. I hope there a few deals that just need oiled with some of the GT monies. Not the lions share but a few hindered k could be reinvested in the playing staff. 

I get what you're saying, but I'm uncomfortable with us splashing out money we don't really have on transfer fees. The GT money has to go towards keeping the lights on. I'm not sure what level we'd be able to sign development players from either that would be good enough to come straight in but who wouldn't be on the radar of bigger/richer clubs e.g. 

A few more sales like GT and we might be in a better position to do it, but for now I'd rather we stayed in the frees and loans market.

Just now, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I get what you're saying, but I'm uncomfortable with us splashing out money we don't really have on transfer fees. The GT money has to go towards keeping the lights on. I'm not sure what level we'd be able to sign development players from either that would be good enough to come straight in but who wouldn't be on the radar of bigger/richer clubs e.g. 

A few more sales like GT and we might be in a better position to do it, but for now I'd rather we stayed in the frees and loans market.

Spending money hasn’t really been an option since Steven Naismith had a full head of hair.

1 minute ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

It’s about balance, sure. But picking up some good lower league plYers from England and Scotland for 50 k a pop needs to part of our strategy. There have got to be some Craig brysons, Craig dargos and the odd Andy Robertson. If 1 in 10 command a decent subsequent move there is money to be made. Safer bet than investing in our own youth side imo. But that’s for another day. Just want to see some new players today from whatever source.