Deadline Day Deals

KillieFC

1 minute ago, Armstrong86 said:

With the amount of loans we’re potentially bringing in plus the ages of some of the senior players of the squad could be some size of rebuilding job next summer. 

For this reason it is crucial we get a proper infrastructure in place. We’ve been fortunate enough we are going through this with a contracted fairly settled squad. The development of the group has to be a continuing process not reactive as it is now

2 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Maybe its the faceless keyboard warriors who should keep their mouths shut and show a bit of respect for those at the sharp end who are not only having to deal with this for the first time but are having to deal with empty headed fans who behave like self entitled brats when they don't get everything handed to them on a plate? The club are doing this without a scouting system in place and without a CEO because they didn't have time to replace everyone who left. By all accounts they have people ready to come in but everything takes time if you are going to get it right and not appoint even more numpties who would get us into a bigger mess. Same goes for players. We get the best we can but the real test is in January when all the new back room staff have settled. No one wants to hear that after such a successful period but that's just the way it is and acting like spoiled children doesn't help in the slightest. There will still be decent squad players available for free come tomorrow who didn't conclude a deal tonight. I bet "the board" wishes they didn't have to put up engaging with ingrates like you, but they do it anyway, and try to put a brave face on things and not sound like the Victor Meldrews of the social media world.

Lol

If Osman Sow is the extent of our 3 month striker recruitment drive, why did we not sign him in June and bed him into the Europa league squad? No one will convince me this isn’t a last day rassle about for a spare body from a team worse than us don’t want and we probably aren’t fussed about either. As soon as he signs he’ll have my support for as long as he puts effort in but I’m sorry I’m not inspired by a Championship cast off who had a really good spell 5 years ago. 

St Clair looks like a potentially good signing but as I haven’t seen him play that’s only based on his previous clubs and reputation. 

4 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Maybe its the faceless keyboard warriors who should keep their mouths shut and show a bit of respect for those at the sharp end who are not only having to deal with this for the first time but are having to deal with empty headed fans who behave like self entitled brats when they don't get everything handed to them on a plate? The club are doing this without a scouting system in place and without a CEO because they didn't have time to replace everyone who left. By all accounts they have people ready to come in but everything takes time if you are going to get it right and not appoint even more numpties who would get us into a bigger mess. Same goes for players. We get the best we can but the real test is in January when all the new back room staff have settled. No one wants to hear that after such a successful period but that's just the way it is and acting like spoiled children doesn't help in the slightest. There will still be decent squad players available for free come tomorrow who didn't conclude a deal tonight. I bet "the board" wishes they didn't have to put up engaging with ingrates like you, but they do it anyway, and try to put a brave face on things and not sound like the Victor Meldrews of the social media world.

Hi Cathy.

6 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Thanks for the update cathy 

1 minute ago, Big Tam said:

They were and they still are, even worse are those 'told you so' smart arses who disappeared on Saturday when we got a result but then turn up constantly when there is even a sniff of everything not going our way. The whole structure of the club needed changed and they are right in the middle of it now but that's not good enough for us, and to an extent we are right, it should have been done much earlier, but do we continue to greet about that like big weans or do we knuckle down and support the club when things are difficult? That's a rhetorical question, I think I know the answer from too many of you.

You do understand this is a Forum

Everyone’s supporting the club! It’s the club’s chief spokesman who said publicly the budget is up and we have appointed the best manager in Scotland. Only reasonable to expect the first team squad recruited to reflect that. 

1 minute ago, Big Tam said:

it should have been done much earlier, but do we continue to greet about that like big weans or do we knuckle down and support the club when things are difficult? 

8 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Imagine taking time out your night to write drivel like this. 

3 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

They were and they still are, even worse are those 'told you so' smart arses who disappeared on Saturday when we got a result but then turn up constantly when there is even a sniff of everything not going our way. The whole structure of the club needed changed and they are right in the middle of it now but that's not good enough for us, and to an extent we are right, it should have been done much earlier, but do we continue to greet about that like big weans or do we knuckle down and support the club when things are difficult? That's a rhetorical question, I think I know the answer from too many of you.

There is NO WAY they are in the middle of it.

No CEO, no chief scout and all the myriad of issues in the summer.

They inherited a business disgracefully mid-managed - And I don’t doubt their honesty or integrity- but the improvements to date are only superficial.

Miles to go.