Deadline Day Deals

KillieFC

Just now, Robert said:

Expectations of the new season seem to be misplaced. We have by our action appear to be settling for mediocrity. None of the transfers  inspire  and I for one am pretty fed up with loans. Would have been happier without the three and signed Mulumbu with the collective wage 

I’d guess you’d need to stick a zero on it.

17 minutes ago, Armstrong86 said:

With the amount of loans we’re potentially bringing in plus the ages of some of the senior players of the squad, could be some size of rebuilding job next summer. 

Why?

Is there no transfer window in January? Sort at least half of it out then, buy in some quality, this is short termism but at least we are not landing ourselves with haddies on long term contracts that we can't get rid of.

2 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Why?

Is there no transfer window in January? Sort at least half of it out then, buy in some quality, this is short termism but at least we are not landing ourselves with haddies on long term contracts that we can't get rid of.

So sign haddies on short term contracts.....I like it 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

For this reason it is crucial we get a proper infrastructure in place. We’ve been fortunate enough we are going through this with a contracted fairly settled squad. The development of the group has to be a continuing process not reactive as it is now

Is this not the case every summer with Killie?

The only year that we seemed to have a decent recruitment plan in place was the Lee McCulloch one. 

4 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Venezia fc announces that Harvey St. Clair has been loaned to Kilmarnock fc today, a Scottish team that plays in the Scottish Premiership.

Harvey is excited to be given the opportunity of partnering striking legend Osman Sow in the Kilmarnock front line.

Best wishes to Harvey for a successful season.

Like others I’m not jumping for joy at the transfer window activity so far. However we have to remember we already brought in :

Branescu....looks decent so far. Bruce...already proven. El Makrini....seems to split opinion but personally I like him. Hamalainen...looks promising. Dario Del Fabro...again liked what I saw on Saturday. We desperately need strikers. I can only assume some don’t want to come to the club for whatever reason and others we can’t afford. Either way I’d agree with others who’ve said our football operations need improved.

1 minute ago, fraz65 said:

Is this not the case every summer with Killie?

The only year that we seemed to have a decent recruitment plan in place was the Lee McCulloch one. 

Terrible manager but could definitely spot a player, we could do worse than getting him in as chief scout or the likes

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

The club has been run like a corner shop for too long, but I guess that the supporters' fault.

SC left the Clarke in a one-in-a-generation position to kick on, make a fist out of Europe, to recruit some quality players with our bigger budget. Yet here we are at 23.00 on transfer deadline scrambling around to make up the numbers.

And it's probably the fans' fault too that the 150th anniversary has been such a flop and valuable revenue left on the table. On the contrary, the Trust has supported the club financially (TiK) and practically. From what I hear, the Trust board member has been the mainstay, not just a supernumerary.

We all support the club and will back the players but please - don't take us for mugs saying that the poor old board has been unlucky when they have blown a great position.

Well said.

A few dodgy loans I can put up with but the missed opportunity of the past few months is demoralising.

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

The club has been run like a corner shop for too long, but I guess that the supporters' fault.

SC left the club in a once-in-a-generation position to kick on, make a fist out of Europe, to recruit some quality players with our bigger budget. Yet here we are at 23.00 on transfer deadline scrambling around to make up the numbers.

And it's probably the fans' fault too that the 150th anniversary has been such a flop and valuable revenue left on the table. On the contrary, the Trust has supported the club financially (TiK) and practically. From what I hear, the Trust board member has been the mainstay, not just a supernumerary.

We all support the club and will back the players but please - don't take us for mugs saying that the poor old board has been unlucky when they have blown a great position.

Absolutely spot on.

3 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Haddies on loan????

Millar

Niko

DDF

Branescu 

Bruce

St Clair

Sow

Johnson

Please feel free to tick off the duds we have from the list above, I don’t think they look too bad, one or two free agents in coming days may make things look a whole lot more positive 

Isnt Bruce contracted?

11 minutes ago, piffer said:

Given the control Clarke had what did the board think would happen when he left? They have done a lot of good work in their time but they’ve been caught short here. Was there a plan B in place? No there wasn’t. They take the credit but they have to take the criticism here.

What does the criticism achieve? Don't you think they know they've been caught short and are trying to do something about it? The plan B was the job of the CEO, how did that turn out? This is clearly now Plan C and having to fire fight all the previous issues doesn't get any easier with so many people desperate for you to fail so they can say "I told you so". We now have 4000 experts on how a football club should be run, not many willing to help pay for it all the same but they buy a ticket every so often so it goes without saying that they know exactly what needs to be done. Geez peace. Maybe if Willie White and John Kiltie hadn't bailed there wouldn't be so much pressure on the three that stuck to the task. Their one big failure was not clearing the decks earlier but you can't change what happened in the past, we're never going to hear the end of it though by the sounds of things. Unless we win some games, not that we're fickle of course.