Deadline Day Deals

KillieFC

9 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Is this not the case every summer with Killie?

The only year that we seemed to have a decent recruitment plan in place was the Lee McCulloch one. 

I’d like an explanation about the fact that all the signings are loanees. The pressure year on year will be exponential if we don’t have a starting point of a squad of signed players. Bigger budget and no permanent signings doesn’t add up.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

We all support the club and will back the players but please - don't take us for mugs saying that the poor old board has been unlucky when they have blown a great position

I hope the board are willing to come out and give us an honest assessment of this summer. I struggle to believe any of them can think this has been a positive or successful period. 

4 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Haddies on loan????

Millar

Niko

DDF

Branescu 

Bruce

St Clair

Sow

Johnson

Please feel free to tick off the duds we have from the list above, I don’t think they look too bad, one or two free agents in coming days may make things look a whole lot more positive 

f**k me . Read Big Tams post again. He said at least we're not signing haddies on long term contracts that we cant get rid of. 

McLean and I made jokes suggesting does that mean it's ok if we just sign them on short term loans.

I know it's been a long night but read before you post ffs

10 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I defy you - or anybody else - to know if St Clair or the boy from Wolves are haddies. Ninety percent of us have never heard of them.

Exactly, HSC must be a real haddie as Chelsea just offer new deals to any old s**te.....

St Clair joined Chelsea as an 8-year-old and played for their under-18 team when he was 15. After 12 years at the club, he turned down a new contract and instead signing for four years at Serie B side Veneziain in June 2018.

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

I think a few folks are really going to have to shift their expectations of what a club like Kilmarnock is able to do in the modern transfer market. We don't have the fans, ultra-rich benefactors or mega-deals sponsors to spend transfer fees or offer big money. We have enough to keep the club alive (something which was far from guaranteed not so long ago), keep the wolves from the door, and give us a team to support on a Saturday (and talk utter s**te about the other six days). We need to rely on producing our own young players, then selling them on to turn a profit and pay the electricity bill, just as we've done with Taylor.

Talk of 'speculating to accumulate', sacrificing things to sign the likes of Mulumbu on thousands a week, or on players earning a fortune in England, is a fun way to kill time in work. But let's be realistic, that is not, and very rarely has been, the world we inhabit. Some of the players people think we can afford is just ludicrous.

We've pretty much always signed guys looking for another chance, over the hill, yet to find the hill, or in need of some kind of redemption. And that's what we'll get this time too. It's a simple fact that most summers will be 'rebuilding' summers for us - we'll always sell our best players, bring in loans and see guys run down their contract for a payday elsewhere. That won't change next summer, nor the one after that, and so on.

Yes, Bowie did set himself up for a fall with some of the talk at the end of last season. I think the Clarke months, beating Rangers, and qualifying for Europe gave him a bit of a fit of the vapours and led to him over-selling what he could do. He's right in the midst of his 'difficult second album' phase right now, and the main thing he needs to do is ensure that there is genuine off-field stability - we need an effective, efficient youth system; we need an effective, efficient scouting system; we need the footballing administration and business stuff to be done more professionally; and we need to ensure that all doesn't grind to a halt when a manager leaves. We need to start telling a compelling story again about who we are and why players would want to join us on that journey - you know, the stuff Bobby Fleeting and Tommy Burns excelled at. We need to start re-selling the Kilmarnock story to players (and fans), because it appears few want to buy it right now.

But let's get over the idea that any signings are 'beneath us' or 'uninspiring'. Let's not kid ourselves. They're what we can afford and are available in the limited market we're able to get sight off without better scouting. They're the agent offers on the table. So we either get a decent-sized squad together and go for it or we make do. Jesus, the amount of bitching and arguing at the board, other fans, and anyone else in vision, gets tiring quickly. The reality is that come the next game, 11 guys will pull on a Killie shirt and try to win a football match, and we'll be there to back them, whoever the f**k they are.

Night folks.

Too much realism for many on here! Well said.

2 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

What does the criticism achieve? Don't you think they know they've been caught short and are trying to do something about it? The plan B was the job of the CEO, how did that turn out? This is clearly now Plan C and having to fire fight all the previous issues doesn't get any easier with so many people desperate for you to fail so they can say "I told you so". We now have 4000 experts on how a football club should be run, not many willing to help pay for it all the same but they buy a ticket every so often so it goes without saying that they know exactly what needs to be done. Geez peace. Maybe if Willie White and John Kiltie hadn't bailed there wouldn't be so much pressure on the three that stuck to the task. Their one big failure was not clearing the decks earlier but you can't change what happened in the past, we're never going to hear the end of it though by the sounds of things. Unless we win some games, not that we're fickle of course.

Sorry this is nonsense.

What does NOT criticising achieve? No one should be above or beyond scrutiny.

The people on charge are responsible for all the plans, A to Z. It appears that their plan A was to amble along. There was no plan B.

I don’t even understand your point about people not willing to pay. I know plenty of people, me included, have offered their expertise in certain areas. For free.

The idea that people are desperate for this well-meaning, community-focused board to fail is laughable.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Exactly, HSC must be a real haddie as Chelsea just offer new deals to any old s**te.....

St Clair joined Chelsea as an 8-year-old and played for their under-18 team when he was 15. After 12 years at the club, he turned down a new contract and instead signing for four years at Serie B side Veneziain in June 2018.

Another one

Read the thread again. 

It was humour. 

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

I think a few folks are really going to have to shift their expectations of what a club like Kilmarnock is able to do in the modern transfer market. We don't have the fans, ultra-rich benefactors or mega-deals sponsors to spend transfer fees or offer big money. We have enough to keep the club alive (something which was far from guaranteed not so long ago), keep the wolves from the door, and give us a team to support on a Saturday (and talk utter s**te about the other six days). We need to rely on producing our own young players, then selling them on to turn a profit and pay the electricity bill, just as we've done with Taylor.

Talk of 'speculating to accumulate', sacrificing things to sign the likes of Mulumbu on thousands a week, or on players earning a fortune in England, is a fun way to kill time in work. But let's be realistic, that is not, and very rarely has been, the world we inhabit. Some of the players people think we can afford is just ludicrous.

We've pretty much always signed guys looking for another chance, over the hill, yet to find the hill, or in need of some kind of redemption. And that's what we'll get this time too. It's a simple fact that most summers will be 'rebuilding' summers for us - we'll always sell our best players, bring in loans and see guys run down their contract for a payday elsewhere. That won't change next summer, nor the one after that, and so on.

Yes, Bowie did set himself up for a fall with some of the talk at the end of last season. I think the Clarke months, beating Rangers, and qualifying for Europe gave him a bit of a fit of the vapours and led to him over-selling what he could do. He's right in the midst of his 'difficult second album' phase right now, and the main thing he needs to do is ensure that there is genuine off-field stability - we need an effective, efficient youth system; we need an effective, efficient scouting system; we need the footballing administration and business stuff to be done more professionally; and we need to ensure that all doesn't grind to a halt when a manager leaves. We need to start telling a compelling story again about who we are and why players would want to join us on that journey - you know, the stuff Bobby Fleeting and Tommy Burns excelled at. We need to start re-selling the Kilmarnock story to players (and fans), because it appears few want to buy it right now.

But let's get over the idea that any signings are 'beneath us' or 'uninspiring'. Let's not kid ourselves. They're what we can afford and are available in the limited market we're able to get sight off without better scouting. They're the agent offers on the table. So we either get a decent-sized squad together and go for it or we make do. Jesus, the amount of bitching and arguing at the board, other fans, and anyone else in vision, gets tiring quickly. The reality is that come the next game, 11 guys will pull on a Killie shirt and try to win a football match, and we'll be there to back them, whoever the f**k they are.

Night folks.

At last someone who talks sense.

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

His time in Italy obviously hasn’t been a success then. Hopefully he can kick on with us. 

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

I hope the board are willing to come out and give us an honest assessment of this summer. I struggle to believe any of them can think this has been a positive or successful period. 

19th of September I believe. Be there to ask the question.

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

Is Cathy not doing a Q&A at the trust in a few weeks time?I'm not a trust member so presumably cannot attend but would be nice for those who have contributed to be able to ask her a few Q's!