Season tickets

Ktid1869

I came across an old newspaper reporting the 1997 cup final win the other day.

Ronnie Hamilton was quoted as saying we had sold 3,000 season tickets that season and hoped to double it the next. I don't know if we did, but I doubt it.

I was surprised that we were only selling 3,000 at that time when there was much more of a good feeling about the club. It was probably a genuine 3,000 adult sales and not a lot of freebies as it is today.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

I came across an old newspaper reporting the 1997 cup final win the other day.

Ronnie Hamilton was quoted as saying we had sold 3,000 season tickets that season and hoped to double it the next. I don't know if we did, but I doubt it.

I was surprised that we were only selling 3,000 at that time when there was much more of a good feeling about the club. It was probably a genuine 3,000 adult sales and not a lot of freebies as it is today.

Our crowds the season we won the cup were about 5000 for a lot of games though, so 3000 season tickets sounds about right.

We never get a boost from any success. Same with the League Cup under King Kenny. Same with actually winning the League. Remember Bobby Fleeting, as he got steadily fed up, complaining we were the only club ever not to get an initial boost from building a new ground. Best of luck to those who think they'll get an increase when the latest excuse departs.

The aim for us should be 5000 season ticket holders. We are a long way off that. The 2-3000 folk that buy are doing so out of blind loyalty and love for the club. For part timers there's just too many reasons and excuses not to buy one.

Price, uncertainty over how team will perform, last seasons poor performance, then issues like work commitments and other interests (golf, rugby, amateur football).

The club released multi match tickets at the turn of the year of which i bought one. This season they should release these tickets a couple of weeks into the season. It doesn't devalue the season ticket as most have already bought theirs, it gives fans that can't afford or can't attend 19 games a season a small saving and another option to get to games. It also gives the club lump sums at the start of the season.

I also think the club should have been offering cut price season tickets to new build owners (there are 4/5 new developments in Killie alone and lots more around ayrshire), a lot of the people coming into the houses are from outwith Killie and have young families. If you manage to bring in another 100/200 fans for 1 season you might just keep some for the future. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

We never get a boost from any success. Same with the League Cup under King Kenny. Same with actually winning the League. Remember Bobby Fleeting, as he got steadily fed up, complaining we were the only club ever not to get an initial boost from building a new ground. Best of luck to those who think they'll get an increase when the latest excuse departs.

I must have imagined the 11 (i think) league crowds in the 1998/1999 season at RP which had over 10,000+ at each. You really hate Killie fans don't you? 

As i said earlier, dementia must be kicking in old boy. 

http://stv.tv/sport/football/302136-how-has-your-clubs-average-attendance-changed-in-past-20-years/ 

No club has lost the level of support than we have, yet you think Mj is just an excuse. 

Kilmarnock

The Kilmarnock graph does not make for especially happy reading, with a fairly steady decline from a hugely impressive peak of over 11,000 in the mid 1990s. Clearly, there is a supporter base there which need to be listened to, and encouraged back to games.

As a percentage, no side has lost a greater proportion of their support over the period covered

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Adults (18-65 years)

George Fox Upper Prime £420

George Fox Lower Prime £345

George Fox Upper Premier £380

George Fox Lower Premier £325

Eddie Thompson Upper £380

Eddie Thompson Lower £299 

That's Dundee United's adult  Early Bird prices (3rd May -3rdJuly) for the Championship.

Can you imagine the greeting and moaning if we had been relegated and charged fans that ?  I need and want change in the boardroom but even in an Ayrshire that had full employment in the sixties we struggled to get fans though the turnstiles. We probably have a more organised fanbase than when Fleeting was the chairman, we certainly didn't have a website like this, but the board aren't utilising the connection between club and fans to promote Killie the way it should. It would take a united effort from club and fans to raise attendances significantly but at the moment that isn't going to happen.

From my last count there is roughly 3,700 seats available between the two stands at the moment. However quite a number of areas are grayed out for the frank Bettie meaning there is probably more. If anyone wants to check out more thoroughly you just go on the website and proceed like your buying a ticket look through the seating plan and deduct spare seats from the stand total. However there are areas grayed out for certain areas restricted to a certain tickets so you will need to do it  about 5 times. 

On another note I don't think it would be un-reasonable to get crowds back into the mid 4000's with a bit of effort from the club. When I started going 10 years ago the average crowd was about 5300 if I remember right.        

I would love to get a season ticket again but financially it just doesn't work for me.

The last two seasons I had one (10-11 & 11-12) I got to use it 15 times altogether.  The latter of those I got to 10 matches and 3 were cup ties I paid extra for.

10 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

That anything good is happening to the club 

Do you not believe that the proposed EGM is a significant attempt for something good to happen at the club? The time and effort put into this issue alone deserves a great deal of credit to those involved.

Hibs have sold just over 10,000 season tickets! That is impressive, more so the fact they are still in the championship. There wont be many SPL teams who will sell that many, apart from the obvious exceptions Rangers, Celtic and maybe Hearts and Aberdeen.

Surely our board/marketing team/club as a whole should look as an example and for ideas on how to increase our own season ticket sales. 

When we won the league cup in 2012 for the first time and that didn't increase our sales anywhere near that much.

Thousands of people turned up at semi final against Ayr, the final and the game against Falkirk. There are numbers there but it's turning them into season ticket holders.